The Alien Franchise Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a 45th anniversary showing for the first movie tonight. I didn't realize how used I've gotten to the director's cut - Lambert slapping Ripley, the Alien slapping the cat carrier - good stuff.

I don't miss the Dallas/Brett cocoon scene as it removes the urgency of the self-destruct sequence, but everything else feels like it helps the film breathe more; ironic considering the director's cut is shorter than the theatrical and Ridley trimmed some of his slow tracking shots to make room for the new bits, but a lot of the restored footage actually completes scenes that feel like they're cut too abruptly in the theatrical.

Hey, heh a dream to be sure. Bout one that would cost you a small fortune.
If there's any character that makes me less than levelheaded, it's Alien. And Predator.

...and Darkness and Conan.

Gimme a break, those last two only get merchandise once per decade. :monkey3

Last edited:
I’ve been obsessed with Alien since I was 8 years old and saw an advert in Doctor Who weekly for Starburst magazine’s review.
1714210390348.jpeg

Obviously I was too young to see it as it was an X rating in the UK, and unlike the US you couldn’t get in if accompanied by an adult.
But that image blew my mind, raised my curiosity and led me on a journey that frankly terrified me for years before I finally saw the move on TV at 14.
And even though I’d read the novel, photo novel and Illustrated Story the move still shredded my nerves and haunted my nightmares after watching it for the first time.
So yeah, I’d probably fold faster than Superman on laundry day for an Inart Alien!

Back