ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, while I'm not really a heavy gamer who needs a game with great depth, this looks nothing more than a button masher to me. Not sure I wanna spend $60 for that off the bat since it looks more like an Xbox Arcade kind of game. I hope they eventually show more to the game than that.

I'm sure thats due to licensing issues with Lamborghini and Volkswagen.

True, it just seems slightly odd that the VW Group recently let Takara use the Lamborghini and VW branding for the Masterpiece figures but haven't let the videogame company.

I recieved Fans Toys Tesla a short time ago and my initial impressions are that it's another great figure.

The figure feels a lot lighter than previous FT figures as there's only a tiny bit of diecast ( the feet ) but is the usual sturdy plastic that FT use.

Robot mode looks beautiful, it's about as clean & kibble free as can be and the chrome bits really make the figure pop.

The stock blue parts look fine to me so I won't be swapping them but the option is there if you want to do it.

Haven't transformed it yet as the robot mode is so nice.

Perceptor isn't as exciting as Shockwave, Dinobots or Insecticons but he's another new scale for the Autobots and something different from a carbot and I'm digging him.

Kapow have also started shipping Sever so I should get mine by early next week at the latest.

True, it just seems slightly odd that the VW Group recently let Takara use the Lamborghini and VW branding for the Masterpiece figures but haven't let the videogame company.

I recieved Fans Toys Tesla a short time ago and my initial impressions are that it's another great figure.

The figure feels a lot lighter than previous FT figures as there's only a tiny bit of diecast ( the feet ) but is the usual sturdy plastic that FT use.

Robot mode looks beautiful, it's about as clean & kibble free as can be and the chrome bits really make the figure pop.

The stock blue parts look fine to me so I won't be swapping them but the option is there if you want to do it.

Haven't transformed it yet as the robot mode is so nice.

Perceptor isn't as exciting as Shockwave, Dinobots or Insecticons but he's another new scale for the Autobots and something different from a carbot and I'm digging him.

Kapow have also started shipping Sever so I should get mine by early next week at the latest.

The issue with the game could well be that it's depicting violence & warfare where as the figures although intended for the same are seen as collectors pieces first & foremost so possibly don't carry the same stigma & means VAG possibly were more lenient with it??

Glad Tesla arrived ok.

I like the look but Perceptor is a figure I'm really not that fussed about, he's a nice changes but I'd rather put the pennies elsewhere on that one.

In fact based on what I've seen at SDCC this week as much as TF is my first love the buying may take a back seat to Statues in the foreseeable future.

I have love for what's coming but I might be starting to hit burnout & will possibly be far more selective instead of just wanting everything lol

Neil

The issue with the game could well be that it's depicting violence & warfare where as the figures although intended for the same are seen as collectors pieces first & foremost so possibly don't carry the same stigma & means VAG possibly were more lenient with it??

Glad Tesla arrived ok.

I like the look but Perceptor is a figure I'm really not that fussed about, he's a nice changes but I'd rather put the pennies elsewhere on that one.

In fact based on what I've seen at SDCC this week as much as TF is my first love the buying may take a back seat to Statues in the foreseeable future.

I have love for what's coming but I might be starting to hit burnout & will possibly be far more selective instead of just wanting everything lol

Neil

That's probably it, either that or the videogame company were too cheap to pay the asking price :lol

Here's some pics of Tesla,
In natural light,

Scale comparison with various other figures,

"Back off man, we're scientists",

I haven't looked at anything Transformers related from SDCC as I can pretty much guarantee there'll be nothing of intrest :lol

Here's my Takara collection as of today,

I may not be a fan of MP22-27 but that doesn't mean I don't still like the stuff I already have.

I cracked on MP10 in the end as I was fed up of Faith Leader not being able to grip the gun properly and it's overall fragile feel and also wanted an extra one to go with my series 1 cars.

I still think the MP01/Faith Leader robot mode looks closer to what I remember of the cartoon but the monkey arms isn't an issue as I don't extend them all the way.

That's probably it, either that or the videogame company were too cheap to pay the asking price :lol

Here's some pics of Tesla,
In natural light,

Scale comparison with various other figures,

"Back off man, we're scientists",

I haven't looked at anything Transformers related from SDCC as I can pretty much guarantee there'll be nothing of intrest :lol

Here's my Takara collection as of today,

I may not be a fan of MP22-27 but that doesn't mean I don't still like the stuff I already have.

I cracked on MP10 in the end as I was fed up of Faith Leader not being able to grip the gun properly and it's overall fragile feel and also wanted an extra one to go with my series 1 cars.

I still think the MP01/Faith Leader robot mode looks closer to what I remember of the cartoon but the monkey arms isn't an issue as I don't extend them all the way.

Great collection!

Congrats of finally getting MP 10, he really is my favorite iteration of the character in figure form so far. I love my Ultimetal too, but MP10 is the all and all Optimus Prime everyone should have.

What do you think of it?

Great collection!

Congrats of finally getting MP 10, he really is my favorite iteration of the character in figure form so far. I love my Ultimetal too, but MP10 is the all and all Optimus Prime everyone should have.

What do you think of it?

Thanks!

I still prefer the aesthetic of Faith Leader's robot mode but it's fragility and design flaws were becoming very irritating and I couldn't fiddle around with the poses as much as I'd like.

I also wanted a trailer and I've ended up using both, one for truck mode and the other is in repair bay mode as a backdrop for my series 1 Autobots.

Here's Perceptor in alt mode,

Transformation is fairly straightforward, there's some of the usual working parts into the exact spot so it tabs in properly and only a couple of thin panels to manipulate when you reveal the tank treads but they're not fragile and unlikely to break providing you take due care.

The instructions miss out one step and that's rotating the head 360 degrees before you start to fold it into the chest area.

The microscope mode isn't going to set the world alight but is cartoon accurate so it does the job.

It's probably FT's weakest figure so far but I think they were limited by the source material in terms of what could be done with the alt mode and the original character was a bit dull compared to Shockwave, Dinobots or Insecticons.

I'd give it 8/10.

There's apparently been some rumblings at TFW about a 3rd party making an IDW headsculpt and sniper rifle for it which would be intresting to see even if my tolerance for IDW is limited to Last Stand of the Wreckers.

EDIT,
On my pic of alt mode I'd missed folding out the small panels at the lower legs. It doesn't really change the look of the alt mode that much but thought I'd mention it.

My Victory display.

928602_376363655895289_1406123828_n.jpg

Kickback looks noice. :)

:rotfl

Nice collection cosair,glad to see u jumped on the MP10 train,I knew it would only b a matter of time:wink1: In other news I'm in for all of FT's insecticons,kickback looks superb!

lol, yeah, I wondered how long he'd be able to hold out, too. :)

:rotfl

Nice collection cosair,glad to see u jumped on the MP10 train,I knew it would only b a matter of time:wink1: In other news I'm in for all of FT's insecticons,kickback looks superb!

Thanks!

MP10 is never going to make my top 5 favorites or anything, but as I've said in previous posts, it's nice to have one for truck mode and not having to constantly reposition the gun or worry about the figure falling to pieces every time I fiddle around with it makes the robot mode less irritating than Faith Leader ended up being.

XTransbots Scourge,

Really hope XTB's factory raises their game for this as the design is kickass.

EDIT,
Just read some very intresting info a guy at TFW posted. He was able to get a couple of minutes with Takara design maestro Shogo Hasui who was there to help promote Titan Class Devastator.

1.No MP combiners are planned at present = Green light for 3rd parties :yess:

2.Hironori Kobayashi lead the design team for Tracks and Ironhide = That explains much, particularly on Ironhide.

3.Hasui is hoping to get back on the MP line later this year = Fingers crossed!

4.He is very proud of his work on Devastator = Can't fault the guy for that, regardless of my own opinions on it.

5.Nobody at Takara considers that Devastator an MP stand in = As well they shouldn't.

The guy posted a couple pics he got with Hasui so the info is a lot more accurate than any of the "he tell me" stuff.

Here's an intresting digibash courtesy of Shiro at TFW,

Top half is Badcube SunSurge, bottom half is Omnigonix Spinout.

If Fans Toys can produce one that looks like this in robot mode and Badcube's in alt mode they'll have the perfect Sunstreaker.

Back