ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these over the weekend. I guess the rumor of a re-release of the "Shockwave" is starting to make people dump him. The Kronos...ehhhhhhh. Honestly if I didn't get him for cheap, I would have passed on him but he is the best looking Jetfire to me. The Perceptor looks good but one elbow joint is loose. Easy to transform and is pretty cool looking.

...is there ANY paint on that Reflector?

I don't see why everyone is dropping/dumping on Omni Sunstreaker just because of a picture

Like I said, BadCube has a proven track record. Not only is their product of very high quality, but the time between initial pics, prototype pics, test shots and final product in hand is extremely fast compared to other companies. For all we know Omni's Sunstreaker is stuck in preproduction limbo, and that news about using the KFC factory isn't exactly promising to a lot of people.

I mean, don't get me wrong - if it ends up that BadCube drops the ball on this one, I won't get it, but I'm pretty confident they won't. The only question mark in my head right now is the paint... Not every MP carbot needs a premium paint job - Takara proved that with Wheeljack - but Sunstreaker certainly does.

Like I said, BadCube has a proven track record. Not only is their product of very high quality, but the time between initial pics, prototype pics, test shots and final product in hand is extremely fast compared to other companies. For all we know Omni's Sunstreaker is stuck in preproduction limbo, and that news about using the KFC factory isn't exactly promising to a lot of people.

I mean, don't get me wrong - if it ends up that BadCube drops the ball on this one, I won't get it, but I'm pretty confident they won't. The only question mark in my head right now is the paint... Not every MP carbot needs a premium paint job - Takara proved that with Wheeljack - but Sunstreaker certainly does.

I also feel that Omnigonix are taking too many liberties with the design, eg,

1.The distinctive side windows on the Lamborghini Countach model that Sideswipe & Sunstreaker turn into have been ditched in favor of a design from another model. This is not accurate to either the G1 cartoon or toy.

2.A racing splitter has been added to the front of the car. This wasn't present in the G1 cartoon or on the toy.

3.No side skirts are sculpted in. They were only stickers on the G1 toy but are the sort of detail that can be sculpted now so it's another miss.

They also hinted at several color choices that divert from either the G1 cartoon or toy.

1.No chrome on the turbocharger & spoiler.

2.No silver paint on the spoiler.

Silver paint would have been an acceptable alternative to chrome, leaving the spoiler yellow is lazy.

3.The shoulder missiles will have some silver paint apps. They were all yellow in the G1 toy and cartoon.

All these things were pointed out in their thread at TFW but Omnigonix were unwilling to listen to constructive feedback.

With that attitude, and a figure that falls somewhat short of the MP carbot standard there is little reason to wait around for them to make progress when a company like Badcube are stepping up.

I also wonder if Fans Toys will make Sunstreaker part of their plans. Imagine how good Sunstreaker would look with their aesthetic, paint apps, diecast, chrome and rubber tyres.

I picked up Sever this weekend... gotta say, I love it. I would have liked the torso to be a glossy paint, but I'm happy with the shades of red and chrome that was chosen. Great figure!
MyFTSever.jpg

For the people that have bought X-transbots Apollyon, is he a good figure in hand. I heard there have been some quality issues about the figure, but he looks amazing.

For the people that have bought X-transbots Apollyon, is he a good figure in hand. I heard there have been some quality issues about the figure, but he looks amazing.

Mine has no issues and is fine as a display piece.

I won't ever transform it as I only needed it for robot mode but providing you follow the instructions and take due care with the thinner parts I don't think you'll have any problems.

He felt cheaper in hand than I figured he would, had floppy parts here and there, and had some noticeable scratches on his head, so I returned him to BBTS. I have another one in my Pile of Loot that I hope will be better. He does look fantastic.

For the individual bots, I'd say the Hasbro and Takara versions are pretty much on par except for Silverbolt where I do prefer the Takara.

But in combined mode, there is no question at all that the Takara is the better option. Looks bloody nice!!

Stay tuned for full video comparison uploading now on the YouTube channel! :)

He felt cheaper in hand than I figured he would, had floppy parts here and there, and had some noticeable scratches on his head, so I returned him to BBTS. I have another one in my Pile of Loot that I hope will be better. He does look fantastic.
Well said. Lets be real, he isnt constructed like a Takara MP figure... but, considering he's the best looking Megs we have in robot mode, he's worth a purchase, especially if he's just going to stand there just as display.

Well said. Lets be real, he isnt constructed like a Takara MP figure... but, considering he's the best looking Megs we have in robot mode, he's worth a purchase, especially if he's just going to stand there just as display.

That's probably what I would just do. The pics I've looked at, he looks super awesome standing next to MP 10.

That's an awesome pic right there JayPesoz!! He looks stunning there. Might have to pick him up sometime.

Thanks. I've read the complaints about him while I waited but as I'm not heavy into the TF line, I just wanted an MP-level Megs that I could display and this guy is as good as it gets. Tight joints, paintjob on par with official MP's, and just very aethically pleasing. What more could you ask for?

Thanks. I've read the complaints about him while I waited but as I'm not heavy into the TF line, I just wanted an MP-level Megs that I could display and this guy is as good as it gets. Tight joints, paintjob on par with official MP's, and just very aethically pleasing. What more could you ask for?

Exactly right! I think after Sever comes, Apollyon will be next! Thanks for the info everyone!

Back