All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANIME???

hairlesswookiee said:
my girlfriend went to her parents house for the weekend when i got all the ghost in the shell season one. she made fun of me because i was still watching them when she got home on sunday. she asked if i moved from the couch and i said yeah when i had to eat and go to the bathroom. :chew

:rotfl I had to do the same when watching Basilik. It's hard to let go. How many Hellsing episode are there? And Trinity Blood? :confused:

Hellising has 13 eps. + an ova which is awesome. Trinity blood has 24 episodes. Both animes are excellent.
I see you watched Basilisk. What did you think of the ending? I thought it was kind of disappointing.

carbo-fation said:
Hellising has 13 eps. + an ova which is awesome. Trinity blood has 24 episodes. Both animes are excellent.
I see you watched Basilisk. What did you think of the ending? I thought it was kind of disappointing.

The Basilik ending was not the way I expected to be. It was a typical Japanese drama ending. Also, I didn't like the way some of the fight scenes were, especially the death of that guy's (sorry can't remember the name) mentor (the one with the stare paralysis power). I expected more fight from him. Other than that, it was great. Action packed. Also, you can't tell which side is good and bad. :monkey3

Trinity blood has 24 episodes, cool. I'm watching one right now in ebay for $39. Well, which one is better Trinity Blood or Hellsing?? If you could choose only one for now.
:monkey1

So I took a look around at Fullmetal Alchemist at the store, as the ads and bits and pieces I have seen always caught my eye. I was wondering about the length of the series. The ads suggest that things are coming to a close, am I correct in thinking that? If it is a finite series, I will certainly consider giving it a go. I just can't invest the time into some people's favorites like DragonBall or Ruroni Kenshin(though I liked samurai X)

Seaward said:
So I took a look around at Fullmetal Alchemist at the store, as the ads and bits and pieces I have seen always caught my eye. I was wondering about the length of the series. The ads suggest that things are coming to a close, am I correct in thinking that? If it is a finite series, I will certainly consider giving it a go. I just can't invest the time into some people's favorites like DragonBall or Ruroni Kenshin(though I liked samurai X)

Full Metal Alchemist is only 52 episode and the English dub. edition is already complete. You can get it on ebay. Ruroni Kenshin is only 94 episodes, but it's different from the manga after the Shishio saga.

ive only watched a couple of the full metal alchemist and i did like what i saw. im gonna try to get caught up on all my anime this summer, but its gonna be hard because next week i start working my second job so the weekends are going to be my only free time to do stuff.

carbo-fation said:
Both are good but Hellsing in my opinion is a classic and a must own. Try getting the OVA as well.

Hellsing it is!!! :chew

Oh, I just remeber. I will have to finish watching Samurai 7 first before anything else. I'm a big Kurosawa fan :monkey1

carbo-fation said:
I watched Samurai 7 last year and loved it. You should try watching the live-action movie that was made about the seven samurai japan. It was pretty decent.

:D Yup. Got the criterion collection of Seven Samurai. The animation is almost the same as the original, keeping the true essence of the charaters.

How many episodes are there?

student_toe5 said:
:D Yup. Got the criterion collection of Seven Samurai. The animation is almost the same as the original, keeping the true essence of the charaters.

How many episodes are there?

So, you haven't seen the anime yet, but rather the movie. If so, the anime only has 26 episodes and has futuristic feel to it.

ive only managed to watch the first 6 episodes of samurai 7 and i thought it was awesome. now that we're talking about it im gonna watch them all this weekend.

hairlesswookiee said:
ive only managed to watch the first 6 episodes of samurai 7 and i thought it was awesome. now that we're talking about it im gonna watch them all this weekend.

Same here. Summer break is coming which gives me some chance to catch up on some samurai 7 and even more anime. :chew

Did anybody else order the Rei and Asuka Medicom figures from Sideshow? I am really looking forward to these myself, and hope they at least offer a Shinji in the future, but I think interest is pretty low.:monkey2

Seaward said:
Did anybody else order the Rei and Asuka Medicom figures from Sideshow? I am really looking forward to these myself, and hope they at least offer a Shinji in the future, but I think interest is pretty low.:monkey2

No, I did not. Maybe if medicom made more figures then I'd buy this line. But for now, I'll have to pass.

carbo-fation said:
No, I did not. Maybe if medicom made more figures then I'd buy this line. But for now, I'll have to pass.

same here. The figures just don't worth $100 to me. BUt I am saving up for the Jin-Roh figure.

So.....I just finished watching 12 Kingdoms and I must say it is pretty good. The story and the animation are fantastic. The plot is slow but interesting. I'd recommend watching it. It's only 45 eps.

hairlesswookiee said:

I bought the entire series, but unfortunately, I could only see the first 4 or 5 episodes until now. I'm really enthusiastic about what I've seen 'till now: Samurai action in a futuristic setting. Just like many other Japanese anime's and movies, the story progresses pretty slow, but, if you're into this kind of material, you'll consider that an advantage. At least I do. The story of Samurai 7 is interesting enough to keep you enchained!
I had the same experience with "Hakkenden, The: Legend of the Dog Warriors", which I liked very much.

Back