All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANIME???

carbo-fation said:
They have been updating their anime list a lot lately. They have a 100+ anime and all of them are up to date. Are you also into manga?

no sorry i could never find the time to get into it. and my local bookstores only have a limited selection.

~~~this guys rocks ---> :chew

speaking of Naruto...i just saw the recent episodes on Cartoon Network. It was great. But, on Monday, my friend will give me a DiVX format of the first 200 episode so I know what I will be doing during the summer break. :chew

yeah the japanese versions of the show are much better. you'll notice the differences too... blood, swearing (sort of), and the sexy jitsu. :chew

student_toe5 said:
sexy jitsu? :google :D :banana

Oh yeah...sexy no jutsu, you are going to love that. By the way, they are only up to episode 180. And the last 45 episodes have been nothing but fillers. The actual story line will begin sometime this summer.

carbo-fation said:
O And the last 45 episodes have been nothing but fillers. The actual story line will begin sometime this summer.

please dont remind me... ive been trying to stomach these fillers since the third or fourth one that came out. i just want to see what happened to sasuke!!!! and hopefully naruto can learn more jutsu's, because its kind of boring seeing him use the same two or three over and over again.

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but all I can say is that everyone's going to be a lot stronger. New characters will show up and some old ones will have a make over. It really sucks that you can't read the manga or else the wait wouldn't seem so long.

:monkey2 yeah i would actually read everyone if the local bookstore carried them. and i hope they get WAY stronger than the current fillers are showing them. im hoping that one episode will have naruto and jiraiya (spelling??) leaving for a while to concentrate on his training, then have him come back all super bada## naruto throwing lightning like this guy --->:emperor

~~since im now a naruto plus subscriber im allowed to download the manga right??

Actually, the manga has always been free. You just had to register. The Narutofan plus is only for the anime. But, yeah, you could always download the manga. And if you are looking for purchasing the English version translated by viz, just go to discountanimedvd.com. They have all nine volumes that have been released so far. It is a great site but also has a lot of pirated dvds. The mangas are authentic, however. I myself buy all my manga from Waldenbooks or borders. They have been getting more and more mangas as of late and have a really big collection.
The four major companies that translate the majority of the manga here in the US are tokyopop.com, viz.com. and cmx which is affilitated with dccomic (dccomic.com/cmx/), and darkhorse.com

....and the new arc after the final battle between Saskue and Naruto begins chapter 253 fyi

does the manga version corelates with the cartoon anime version? I mean, i read a lot of comic books, like transformers, that later shows in cartoon network but the story line seems to change, which I really hate.

^^ i think the manga does differ a little from the anime. i'm gonna start reading them so i will find out once i start reading them. but, the few mangas that i did read differed form the shows-- sometimes a little, but also sometimes completely different.

THe mangas generally differ from the anime. They are usually more in-depth and have a lot more background info. Because nobody wants to read what they just watched, the mangakas tend to add twists and more characters to the manga to keep the reader engaged. Naruto, Bleach, and all the other shounen mangas are very similar to the anime with the same plot, only with minor changes. Mangas like Gantz, Samurai Deeper Kyo, or Trigun have a lot more info and IMO are a lot better than the anime.

Has anyone been watching the new anime Black Lagoon. It's very action packed and just well made. It only has 3 episodes out so you haven't missed much yet. I'd recommend giving it a try.

cool i will definately look for it. i also recommend trying Karas-- it just came out on DVD and it is great. now that school is out i have a lot of anime to watch.

~~on the list: ghost in the shell second gig, samurai seven, samurai gun, basilisk, and some other stuff i havent had a chance to watch.

I heard Karas is good, but I just haven't had chance to see it because of school. I have my finals next week and then I'll finally be off. I also have a lot of catching up to do on Anime. I recently purchased the 12 Kingdoms so I am really anxious to see it.

I'm watching Akira at the moment :D Have just won a copy of Gunslinger Girl on ebay (Neo mag recommends it). I'm trying to get inta anime, having been fascinated by the Animatrix DVD which was the first anime I ever saw that wasn't aimed at kids.

TC :google

is the black lagoon on cable??? what channel?

also, no one ever anwered my questin as to "what is the next chapter after Ninja Ressurection?" :monkey1

student_toe5 said:
is the black lagoon on cable??? what channel?

also, no one ever anwered my questin as to "what is the next chapter after Ninja Ressurection?" :monkey1

well, technically ninja ressurection has nothin to do with the ninja scroll series. the main character just happens to have the same name. and some other qualities that were ripped off from ninja scroll. if you are trying to continue the ninja scroll story then get the series titled Ninja Scroll-- there are only about 12 episodes i believe.

ive never heard of black lagoon so i couldnt tell you anything about it.

Back