All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANIME???

Akira - Shotaro Kaneda

kanedararebymedicomtoysjn4.jpg

kanedabackviewux2.jpg

kanedafullshotuk5.jpg

Last edited:

Just watched "Ghost in the Shell 2: innocence" (https://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2/main.html). A true masterpiece. If you liked the 3D like animation style of "Appelseed" the movie (https://www.appleseedthemovie.com/), you are going to love this, 'cause this is even better! There are some stunning animation sequences in GITS2. The story is pretty much carried by the visuals, rather than by dialogue. Very Blade-Runnerish atmosphere, but without trying to be a copy of it.
I'm also in the middle of "Burst Angels" (https://www.burstangel.com/), which I find pretty good. The animation is not always top notch, but the stories evolve fast, thanks to the action driven plots. A bit more humor would have made it better, I think.
I watched Ikki Tousen (https://www.ikkitousendvd.com/ikkiMain.html), and I pretty much waisted my time there...
Still on my shelf: Samurai 7, and Tenjo Tenge.

Ghost in the Shell is indeed a master piece. I am glad you liked it. I wouldn't waste my time with tenjo tenge. It is one of the worst anime I've ever seen. As for Samurai 7, it is a definite must for any anime lover.

carbo-fation said:
Haha...that figure again. If I were you, I'd put in a safe and never display it again. Or else some ninja might come in and take it away. :D
Ninja.jpg

carbo-fation,

Brother, thanks for the warning!

Oh Beautiful family!

Best regards to your ninja family,
:bow

Ben :maul

yeah i really enjoyed the second ghost in the shell movie. appleseed is also fantastic in my books. has anyone had a chance to watch Advent Children yet?? im in love with this movie now. :emperor :emperor

hairlesswookiee said:
yeah i really enjoyed the second ghost in the shell movie. appleseed is also fantastic in my books. has anyone had a chance to watch Advent Children yet?? im in love with this movie now. :emperor :emperor
I've played the FF games and still have no idea what Advent Children was about. But it was great to see characters I was familiar with and it looked amazing.

im not gonna spoil it but its in the most popular FF unvierse with all the major characters from the game. if you see it at blockbuster most definately rent it.

I saw Advent children last year and I thought it was very well done and enjoyed watching it.

Batty said:
I've played the FF games and still have no idea what Advent Children was about. But it was great to see characters I was familiar with and it looked amazing.

Try watching Final Fantasy VII: Last Order Anime OVA...this should help clarify some things for you.

carbo-fation said:
Try watching Final Fantasy VII: Last Order Anime OVA...this should help clarify some things for you.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

So Advent Children is worth a view? It looks pretty, but I haven't actually finished a Final Fantasy game since VII. Is it a direct continuation or a prequel or what? I am alot behind on videogames though, as I am just now finishing Kingdom Hearts I!

As far as FF is concerned, I'm still stuck in the prehistory... the only FF game I ever played (and never finished btw), was the one that came out on the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive for the EU's). Guess that was FF2...

thanks for the tip on advent children! This is certainly on my list of things to check out. I saw some sequence before the credits playing on a giant Hi-def monitor and it looked amazing.

I haven't really sought out any new anime in while. As a fan of evangelion, bebop, trigun, flcl, amongst others, any suggestions?

my girlfriend went to her parents house for the weekend when i got all the ghost in the shell season one. she made fun of me because i was still watching them when she got home on sunday. she asked if i moved from the couch and i said yeah when i had to eat and go to the bathroom. :chew

Back