All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANIME???

Seaward said:
Just to chime in and sorta second what everybody has been saying, that some anime movies and series are downright amazing. Tops on my list is Cowboy Bebop, followed by Neon Genesis Evangelion (am I the only one who ordered Rei and Asuka?), FLCL and pretty much everything Miyazaki. Grave of the Fireflies is one of the saddest films I have ever seen, but it was breathtaking. Also a big fan of the original Blood (check this out if you like BTVS) Thanks for starting this thread, way cool topic!
Loved FLCL. The music was great.

I absolutely LOVE anime, in it's original format without stupid dubs/cuts. This is freakily similar to carbo-fations list, but I try and jump on the latest fansubs for the following on-going anime:

Bleach (DB)
One Piece (K-F)
Naruto (DB)
Black Cat (Oyasumi)
Fate Stay Night (Eclipse)
Blood+ (Shinsen)
Ergo Proxy (Yoroshiku)
Mushishi (C1)
Noein (Shinsen)

Other notable mentions:

Gundam Seed (but not 'Gundam Seed Destiny' - which was absolute CRAP!)
Gun x Sword
Monster (only seen the first few eps)
Gun Grave
Basilisk
Samurai 7
Shakugan no Shana
Hellsing Ultimate OVA 1 (tho i liked the original series too)
Jin Roh - Movie
Final Fantasy - Advent Children Movie

I thought I heard about a sequel to Blood awhile back, but it was taking things in a different direction. Let me talk to my anime friends and see if they recall anything about an upcoming sequel.

FLCL had great music, but it was so weird, and had a strange emotional undercurrent that really left a mark. I don't think I could properly explain any of what actually transpired, but the strange arc of the protagonist had me hooked. That and he had giant robots in his head.

I don't know why but I was never too much into FLCL. I know a lot of people like it but it didn't do much for me.

@Winged Shadow: Finish watching Monster! It is a really good anime and as it progresses further it becomes very interesting. THe ending was rather unexpected as well.

how about robotech?? i dont recall anyone mentioning this show yet. or even voltron!! does anyone have it?? how about swapping them for some of my anime??

I don't think they ever released Voltron on DVD. I knew a website that sells some episodes of Saber Rider, but nothing yet on Voltron. If they had it out, I would have definetly purchased it by now.

hairlesswookiee said:
man i thought i was the only person who has seen it..it was even on showtime a couple years ago. i was hoping they would make a sequel or something. i loved how super gory it was.
I'm not to fond of Blood: The Last Vampire. It was gory all right, but the story was kind of boring. Btw there IS a sequel: a TV series called "Blood+". I haven't seen it yet, but you better be prepared that the main character has undergone some drastically visual changes! It's not the same vampire slashing out there...check out this Japanese site for more info:
https://www.blood.tv/

I love Akira Kurosawa's films, especially Seven Samurai, which is why I am watching all the episode of SAMURAI SEVEN. . I love samurai anime, but not fond of those Vandread or Robotech anime. Also, naruto, Yu-gi-oh, Ninja Scroll, Ninja Resurrection, Jin-Roh, Dragonball Saga, Vampire hunter D, Miyasaki anime, ...

Question: What follows Ninja Resurrection? Please PM me. I really would like to find out what happens next. Thanks.

i started watching samurai seven during spring break but only got up to episode 6. now that i finally downloaded the rest ofthem im gonna watch them all after this semester ends. i liked it so far. i love samurai / ninja anime, but not with too too much mecha stuff added into it.

hairlesswookiee said:
i started watching samurai seven during spring break but only got up to episode 6. now that i finally downloaded the rest ofthem im gonna watch them all after this semester ends. i liked it so far. i love samurai / ninja anime, but not with too too much mecha stuff added into it.
If you like bloody katana action, 'Samurai Champloo' is a must! The plot is a bit crazy: two samurai that are far from being friends, team up with a waitress to search a samurai that smells like...sunflower! It's on top of my wish list.

Edit:
https://samuraichamploo.com/

Last edited:

great news!!! votron is coming home!!!

Media Blasters to Release Voltron in September

posted on 2006-03-30 13:00:00

8 DVD sets with ~15 episodes each, first box in September, 5.1 audio, remastered video, all new extras created by original Voltron staff, GoLion and Armored Squadron Dairugger XV in 2007.Media Blasters, in conjunction with World Events Productions, is releasing Voltron: Defender of the Universe on a series of DVD sets beginning in September. Each set will contain about 15 episodes, all with 5.1 audio and remastered video.

In addition to original character sketches, TV ads, and news footage, the DVDs will contain new extras created "with help from the original producers and staff."

Media Blasters is also planning to release Hundred Beast King GoLion and Armored Squadron Dairugger XV on DVD starting next year. They will be uncut and subtitled.

More information will be available from Media Blasters' new Voltron site.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8642
https://www.voltrondvd.com/

anyone heard of Basilisk? Great samurai/ action anime. totally recommended. not be disappointed. its about Ten best ninja from two opposing village. What makes this movie great is that all 20 characters have cool ninja techniques. you must watch it to find out what they are.

student_toe5 said:
anyone heard of Basilisk? Great samurai/ action anime. totally recommended. not be disappointed. its about Ten best ninja from two opposing village. What makes this movie great is that all 20 characters have cool ninja techniques. you must watch it to find out what they are.

Basilisk is definetely a good anime. I finished the complete series last month (only 24 Episodes) and I was saddened that it had ended so soon. Also, I highly recommend Fate/Night Stay and Trinity Blood. They are really suspenseful and action packed.

Last edited:

carbo-fation said:
Basilisk is definetely a good anime. I finished the complete series last month (only 24 Episodes) and I was saddened that it had ended so soon. Also, I highly recommend Fate/Night Stay and Trinity Blood. They are really suspenseful and action packed.

did you watch that in divx format? how many divx movies do you have?

carbo-fation said:

do you know where i can possibly download it?? ive been looking for a good samurai / ninja anime fore a long time. after watching samurai 7 i'm all about the swordplay now.

hairlesswookiee said:
do you know where i can possibly download it?? ive been looking for a good samurai / ninja anime fore a long time. after watching samurai 7 i'm all about the swordplay now.

Try torrentspy.com or isohunt.com
I know they have them, but I am not sure how well they are seeded. I have a monthly subscription to Narutofan.com and I just download it from there directly. It is a lot faster and when you go to college and work full-time like I do, then 4 bucks a month is nothing for faster anime downloads.

student_toe5 said:
did you watch that in divx format? how many divx movies do you have?

As mentioned above I downloaded it from Narutofan.com. I could play it on Wind. Media player, Real player, and Divx. I hope it helps. All of my movies are play-able on divx.

it usually takes me about 20mins to download a naruto episode through bitorrent. i might get a subscription anyways just to download some other stuff, i didnt realize they had other anime series available.

hairlesswookiee said:
it usually takes me about 20mins to download a naruto episode through bitorrent. i might get a subscription anyways just to download some other stuff, i didnt realize they had other anime series available.

They have been updating their anime list a lot lately. They have a 100+ anime and all of them are up to date. Are you also into manga?

Back