Aliens bursting onto Blu-Ray in 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X Box Live has Aliens in 1080P for rental right now, I plan to watch it this weekend! :yess:

Are you sure it's 1080p not 720? Anyway I'm afraid it won't look too hot. The original is as grainy as hell. Shot that way. But unless it's been digitally remastered (doubt it) I think we will have to wait for the blu-Ray. :( even so that wont look as good as 1,3 & 4.

Pity since it's the better of the movies.

Are you sure it's 1080p not 720? Anyway I'm afraid it won't look too hot. The original is as grainy as hell. Shot that way. But unless it's been digitally remastered (doubt it) I think we will have to wait for the blu-Ray. :( even so that wont look as good as 1,3 & 4.

Pity since it's the better of the movies.

It's listed as 1080P. It looks like most of the Zune movies are now 1080P.

I watched the first half of the 1080P Xbox version & it looked pretty good. The movie itself is inherently a bit soft & grainy, & the file size was only 9.8GB due to the compression for on line delivery, but it was the best presentation I've seen of Aliens so far (although it was only a stereo sound mix therfore DPL). I imagine when it hits BluRay it should look (and sound) even better & fans will be satisfied. It's never going to be the sharp, pristine film of todays movies but it should be the best version ever to hit home theaters.

cool, good to know. Blu-ray is really showing up the way movies were shot. It doesn't really matter when it was shot as how. Some of the older releases are pin sharp, because they were shot that way. With a lot of light to give a pin sharp exposure, and most of the time with anamorphic lenses. Alien should look incredible even if Aliens doesn't.

For some movies it doesn't matter though, Aliens is amazing regardless of the rez.

Up for Pre-order at PLAY for £80
15844567.jpg

£45 without the egg
15844542x.jpg

Alien:
1979 Theatrical Version
2003 Director's Cut with Ridley Scott Introduction
Audio Commentary by Director Ridley Scott, Writer Dan O'Bannon, Executive Producer Ronald Shusett, Editor Terry Rawlings, Actors Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton and John Hurt
Audio Commentary (for Theatrical Cut only) by Ridley Scott
Final Theatrical Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith
Composer's Original Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith
Deleted and Extended Scenes
MU-TH-UR Mode Interactive Experience with Weyland-Yutani Datastream

Aliens:
1986 Theatrical Version
1991 Special Edition with James Cameron Introduction
Audio Commentary by Director James Cameron, Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Alien Effects Creator Stan Winston, Visual Effects Supervisors Robert Skotak and Dennis Skotak, Miniature Effects Supervisor Pat McClung, Actors Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, Jenette Goldstein, Carrie Henn and Christopher Henn
Final Theatrical Isolated Score by James Horner
Composer's Original Isolated Score by James Horner

Alien 3:
1992 Theatrical Version
2003 Special Edition (Restored Workprint Version)
Audio Commentary by Cinematographer Alex Thomson, B.S.C., Editor Terry Rawlings, Alien Effects Designers Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr., Visual Effects Producer Richard Edlund, A.S.C., Actors Paul McGann and Lance Henriksen
Final Theatrical Isolated Score by Elliot Goldenthal

Alien Resurection:
1997 Theatrical Version
2003 Special Edition with Jean-Pierre Jeunet Introduction
Audio Commentary by Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Editor Hervé Schneid, A.C.E., Alien Effects Creators Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr., Visual Effects Supervisor Pitof, Conceptual Artist Sylvain Despretz, Actors Ron Perlman, Dominique Pinon and Leland Orser
Final Theatrical Isolated Score by John Frizzell

Making The Anthology:
The Beast Within: Making Alien
Superior Firepower: Making Aliens
Wreckage and Rage: Making Alien 3
One Step Beyond: Making Alien Resurection

The Anthology Archives:
First Draft Screenplays
Storyboard Archives
Image Galleries
Q & A's
Trailers and TV Spots
Production Featurettes
Deleted Scenes
& much, much more!

There are others who enjoyed Alien: Resurrection, right? It's not nearly my fav of the films, but even at it's weakest moments I reckon it's still pretty ace.

Awaiting this boxset eagerly. Not sure what the Aussie release will be like, but I hope the packaging doesn't suck. I'll take the egg box please.

NECA should release the Queen and Dog to coincide with this.

Yes, yes they should.

Am I the only one excited over this feature?
Audio commentary by director James Cameron, producer Gale Anne Hurd, alien effects creator Stan Winston, visual effects supervisors Robert Skotak and Dennis Skotak, miniature effects supervisor Pat McClung, and actors Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, Jenette Goldstein, Carrie Henn and Christopher Henn
:yess::clap:hi5:

I'm pretty sure Sigourney Weaver is doing audio commentary for all 4 of the films, but I'm not sure if that's the *only* new commentary. Anyone know?

Am I the only one excited over this feature?

:yess::clap:hi5:

No you're not alone. As awesome as all of this sounds I'm going to wait until I read a couple reviews before ordering. These are some movies they cannot screw up in the A/V department. I will not reward incompetence like what was done to the recent Predator release. (This is my opinion, but everyone looks like they spray tanned before getting on the set)

Back