Alien Quadrilogy on Blu Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INFECDEAD

Super Freak
Reaction score
This isn't exactly the latest news but Sigourney Weaver gave her daughter the Alien Quadrilogy on blu ray for xmas. She is one cool mum.
It would be great if her daughter could make a rip of it for us :monkey3
At least it means the release can't be too far off :drool

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3961

Nice! All I'm really hoping for is that Aliens gets a decent transfer upgrade. I have no doubt the Alien will look fantastic, and while I enjoyed the other two, I'm ok if they don't look perfect.

Now that Avatar is out, Cameron can focus on approving the transfers for Aliens and T1, as well as doing a commentary on the latter.

From thedigitalbits.com:

This is just a quick update on a title we've talked about several times before, but as it's still a few months away from being officially announced, the news belongs here. In an interview with the L.A. Times over the weekend, actress Sigourney Weaver revealed that she's going to be recording brand new audio commentary tracks for each of the four Alien films - tracks that will be added to Fox's nearly complete Alien Anthology Blu-ray box set. We've confirmed this news with our industry sources, who have also informed us that the box set is going to blow away fans of the previous DVD Quadrilogy. Not only have all of those previous extras have been included, but TONS of new material has been added as well exclusively for the Blu-ray release - extras that should make the BD WELL worth upgrading to. The set will be released in mid-to-late 2010, and rest assured we'll keep you up to date on it.

Hopefully we'll finally get to see the Burke cocoon sequence in Aliens and perhaps even (though it's probably a long shot) Fincher may contribute to the Alien 3 extras?

The set was already packed for the DVD release, I'll be damn impressed if they manage to pack in a significant amount more extras for the Blu-ray.

I've been waiting for this release since I converted to bluray two years ago. I'm not totally knowledgeable about the different types of transfers, but I really hope they don't skimp on the resolution. What I mean is some blurays of older movies I have bought look just like the DVD, or what my bluray player would do with a DVD when upsampling. I'm sure that's not going to happen with this release, right? It's nice to hear there will be so many extras included. I can not wait to watch Alien for the first time on bluray. I love all of the first three films, but Alien is my all time favorite film.

fingers crossed for a '2001: A Space Odyssey' transfer (jaw dropping) and not a 'Ghostbusters' transfer (poo poo)

This is one of those sets of movies that I pop in to watch a couple of times a year, and I am eager to see what other special features get included on the Blu-Ray!

This isn't exactly the latest news but Sigourney Weaver gave her daughter the Alien Quadrilogy on blu ray for xmas. She is one cool mum.
It would be great if her daughter could make a rip of it for us :monkey3
At least it means the release can't be too far off :drool

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3961

I just bought the "Alien VS Predator Exclusive Ultimate Showdown Collector's Set" for $50 after using a %50 BB gift card :) I know I will get these once they come out however I might wait until the price drops a but though. 4 new commentaries alone makes it worth it. I sure hope they took their time re-mastering Aliens as that is a grainy movie that may actually look worse in High Def if done wrong.

Sweeeet, plus I was suprised (and pleased) to see the site call it a tetralogy, which is the correct term for a series of 4 stories. Quadrilogy is a neologism for the same thing.

2001 was the first film I watched in bluray on my HD television when I first set it up, and I could not take my eyes off of it!

it's funny I think it was my first blu-ray too. (although it might have been The Dark Knight). It's incredible that a film made in 1967 or something can look so unbelievably amazing. It's just flawless, both in film quality, visual effects and blu-ray transfer. True reference quality.

1967!!!

Back