Aliens bursting onto Blu-Ray in 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Alien 3 restoration is what makes me the most happy! I cannot wait for this.

The Predator transfer is fine, it's just they lacked anything on that disc sans a trailer....woopty doo!

I actually thought that the Predator transfer was not that bad - its not as bad as all the reviews were letting on.

It could always be better.....but its not terrible - a MUST own for sure :) definitely an upgrade from the DVD version.

But I do wish we had some extras on the disc - not sure why they didnt just include the extras from the 20th anniversary edition.

Hmm so was the predator transfer worth upgrading then? I was put off by all the bad reviews. That and the lack of extra features.

I wish David Fincher would get involved and maybe do a commentary for Alien3. I'm fully aware of all the drama surrounding the film, but I honestly love it more than Aliens.
Ridley's film is still the greatest though.
totally agree. A3 was such a beautiful film.
it had so much of the stylistic character that Fincher is now famous for.

but i'm not getting my hopes up about him showing up for commentary though.
unfortunately, the bulls#!t he had to go through with FOX is an all too common story.
NECA should release the Queen and Dog to coincide with this.
haha now THAT'S wishful thinking.

Both the extended versions of Alien and Aliens were broadcast in hi-def here last winter and I recorded both in Blu-ray. I'm not sure if the movies themselves were in HD or not, but on the HDTV they look better than any previous versions I've ever seen before, the picture quality is simply stunning. Sounds like the official Blu-ray versions will be even better, especially with all the new bonus material.

It's probably to early to know, but it would be nice if the recut Alien 3 that is quiet good from memory had the different scenes processed to match the final film look. From memory they still looked like they were raw unfinisfed footage spliced into the film.

3501.jpg

I guess NECA was right when they did that crazy foot!
Having that said, someone needs to do a render of that Alien... He looks pretty BA... and I've seen fatter Aliens.

I probably won't be getting this, simply because I've made it a point to collect every single Alien, Predator, and AVP movie on 2-disc collector's edition DVD. That's right, I gots 'em all! And they look so pretty, they should be on my shelf. Sadly... I'm missing Predator 1. That is shameful. Need to get that one sometime soon...

Both the extended versions of Alien and Aliens were broadcast in hi-def here last winter and I recorded both in Blu-ray. I'm not sure if the movies themselves were in HD or not, but on the HDTV they look better than any previous versions I've ever seen before, the picture quality is simply stunning. Sounds like the official Blu-ray versions will be even better, especially with all the new bonus material.

That's awesome to know. Aliens was always the weakest in terms of picture quality, with all that grain.

You have AvP...but dont have Predator? Whats wrong wit you!

It's shameful, I know... Truth be told, I completed my collection with the hard-to-find Alien and Alien Resurrection just six months ago or so. Even then, they were hard to find in-store. For some reason, I can't seem to want to get these online. Doesn't seem worth the trouble.

I think Borders might have P1, in which case, I'd have the full collection on two-disc, power-packed, unrated/extended, pumped-up, beatifully-packaged DVD...

Yay! Borders has it. Guess I'll but it one of these days... or weeks... or... I dunno. SOmetime when I'm not busy hunting for my Celtic!

now all they need to do is FIX the crappy CGI of the dog alien in alien3...those were the early days of such effects and it shows...maybe the blu-ray will 'smooth out' the s#@!ty CGI dog alien?
and..here's hoping "aliens: colonial marines" the v.game will be released around the same time..it would be a no brainer for those numbskulls over at sega..

Do you recon it's gunna be 3D?:google That would scare the ???? out of people!:horror Imagine that, it would probably have the world record for scaring people to DEATH literally!:horror:angelsmil All jokes aside - CAN'T wait, we'll get to see Aliens with MORE detail....mmmmmm

That's awesome to know. Aliens was always the weakest in terms of picture quality, with all that grain.

I honestly don't know how the picture quality of the original grainy film was actually "cleaned up" or improved, but in hi-def everything looks much sharper. Many details that were hard to make out before are now very clear, so I'm expecting the Blu-ray version to be a significant improvement over all previous versions, judging by what I've seen thus far.

Last edited:
Back