ALIEN Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mkultra post this pic of his @ statue forums

IMG_0854.jpg

It looks great but the only part that I'm not keen on is the 'white' part of the base. It doesn't look right.

Apart form that, it looks great. If I had the money and room, then I'd look at getting one.

I'll stick with my pre-ordered Alien3 one!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

It looks great but the only part that I'm not keen on is the 'white' part of the base. It doesn't look right.

Apart form that, it looks great. If I had the money and room, then I'd look at getting one.

I'll stick with my pre-ordered Alien3 one!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

supposedly the flash made it look overly white

Finally got my Sideshow "Alien" Diorama today!

This thing is BEAUTIFUL! If this is any indication of what SS is doing with these, I'm getting ALL of them.

Here's the pics. I've included a shot with the 12 inch Sega Alien for scale.

100_4085a.jpg

100_4087.jpg

100_4088.jpg

100_4090.jpg

100_4091.jpg

100_4100.jpg

100_4102a.jpg

Excellent shots, Sabres!

That's almost studio-quality, barring a bit of unfortunate edge enhancement (and my camera does the same thing). Bravo!

Got my diorama and put it together today!!!It's fantastic!I'm finally glad Sideshow has made a product line at a decent price that I'm going to collect. Considering all the other stuff I collect (A lot of Hot Toys stuff and Medicom), I can't really afford to get $300+ Aliens,Predator,etc. collectibles so the $150 is a nice price point.

The piece is packed nicely, complete with styrofoam around the Alien itself, inbetween its knee, the elbows, the head,etc. I'm actually quite surprised the tail didn't break off during shipping. Mine is number #134 out of 1,500...nice low edition number too! The height of the piece is about 14'' I believe...as tall as the Hot Toys AvP Predators. It is VERY easy to assemble as the top piece (the whole wall with creature) just slides right down onto the black base with the "ALIEN" logo on it. Just watch out if you try to move it though! As the base will slide right off! It's mostly there to just "hold" the piece. However, the back of the top piece has some fabric on the back of it which I'm sure some clever collector with the time and energy could figure out a way to make the top piece hang off the wall with the proper tools.

Now I'll admit that though this is the original Giger ALIEN, my favorite is the ALIENS design with the ridge forehead. However, what really stands out about this piece is the dynamic design and pose of it. The ALIEN coming out from the wall and pushing the chains aside is a very cool moment to capture for this statue. It almost captures that "less is more" feel that Ridley Scott gave us for the movie itself...not revealing the full creature until the end of the movie. And with the right lighting conditions, all that will stand out is the domed head and probably some glints of light off of its arms,legs and nails. The chains also are a great touch as you can put them around the creature's hands and fingers in any way you like. This is perhaps one of the most spectacular renditions of the original ALIEN creature in statue form and in one of the most shocking and surprising moments that fans will certainly remember from the movie.

However, no item really isn't without flaws and this one doesn't really have many. If anything, the two minor flaws are that the silver paint along the feet and hands seems to be sloppily applied, but it can be overlooked from a distance. Also, the chains are painted with red/brown to give it a "rusty" look...while this is great, the paint has already begun to come off on some chain links because of them rubbing together and you can see the shiny metal beneath. Some may like it though...I suppose it depends on personal preference.

Overall a stellar piece and a must-have in the hands of any Alien fan!!!!

I just got this in and set it up!!! Its way better than I was expecting!!! Definitely a keeper and I cant wait for the others!

here are a few shots of mine - sorry for the bad camera

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

Back