ALIEN Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, a swimming alien would be cool. Although I don't know how they'd do it if it's a wall hanging, it'd probably stick out too much. It sounds like they are doing other formats as well though. I ended up just ordering it, I can always cancel later and I'd regret it if it sold out.

Like this one more everytime I see it, except the head gets worse everytime too. I just dont understand why collectible companies always make the Alien heads so clear. The head isn't so prominently transparent in the film so why is it with the collectibles? Loses the coolness of Gigers design when the skull is so clear.

The cowl was quite clear on the actual prop. It's just the way Ridley filmed it -- very dark, in very short cuts. You can't ever get a proper glimpse at it. Of course it's not going to look like that under bright lights of a convention display.

This reminds me... I need to install custom lights for this line.

And the swimming Alien shows they're really thinking very bravely here. This line is going to take Sideshow's diorama output to a whole another level.

I didnt recall it ever being that clear. Even so, the statue is never going to be displayed in a very dark and misty room, the filming/lighting is apart of the Aliens makeup. So when viewed under regular lights it just looks off.
I dont mean to take a crack at the piece, its just that one thing that bugs me. I love it as a whole.

Love the look of this.... gotta admit I'm very close to ordering :lol

he was telling me a bit of what they have in store for the rest of the line. a swimming alien from resurrection!!!

Cool

Need a Piece to go with my other Model!

ArSwimming1.jpg

:cool:

sweet kit Dassy... i remember seeing that and debated getting it. but i'd rather have something all done. how big is that one? it is painted gorgeously!

10-12 Inches.

Couple more shots.

ARSwimming3.jpg

ARSwimming5.jpg

Last edited:
I didnt recall it ever being that clear. Even so, the statue is never going to be displayed in a very dark and misty room, the filming/lighting is apart of the Aliens makeup. So when viewed under regular lights it just looks off.
I dont mean to take a crack at the piece, its just that one thing that bugs me. I love it as a whole.

An understandable stance without question, but if you listen to a lot of the Sideshow interviews and read various news bits and articles from them, they have a strong passion for striving to replicate the source material. I know some will argue that they have their hits and misses, but regardless of that, they've been fairly open about trying to reproduce the source material in their works, and by that, the props, not the on screen effects. So while this piece doesn't fully capture the film quality, it does capture how it would appear on set. On top of that, I'm sure there are a number of collectors who like to see the underlying details of the dome, since what was seen in ALIENS was modified from the original Giger design.

Yeah, don't get me started in analysis of the Giger designs again! :lol
But yeah, the dome had all that underneath, and yes, it was fairly clear in the movie, maybe a tad obscured, but there. I prefer it being a no eyes thing myself. More like how the ALIENS dome front area looks, and continued on.
But yeah, that skull feature looms large in the ALIEN design.
If I get this piece, I will obscure that area ever so slightly. More than they look to have done.

Nice diorama though. And that is a super AR one Dassy! Love that!

All I mean was that I wish they presented the dome a little more like in this 1:4 replica:

2908_image02.jpg

2908_image03.jpg

As you see, the skull structure is still present underneath but the dome has a darker looking shell. Its just the total clearness that bothered me.
Oh I probably just sound nitpicky now, so I'll stop:monkey5

Who knows how clear it will be in the end, right? Once the production pieces come along. If it's the way it looked in real life, fine. If it's the way it looked in the film and in the $1000 collectible you mention, fine again.

It's still only $150. :D

That thing looks so good. In the SS panel they said to get ready to spend some money because the Alien stuff looks great. I am a believer

I'd really love to order it, but there is too much expensive stuff coming up (all the PF's and such) that I have to put this order aside for now. Hopefully, i'll be able to pick it up one day. Sweet piece :drool

I think I'll be temporarily cancelling my Rocky bust to get it, I really love the ALIEN franchise and this is such a nice piece.

Back