ALIEN Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alienss.jpg

:cool:

Where's the link to this QTVR?

I love the design to this one. But the one thing I dont like is the head, it just looks far to clear. You shouldnt be able to see the bone structure underneath so clearly.

From Statue Forum:

Alien Franchise Collectibles Diorama (Item No. 9102)

Limited Edition TBD

Est. to ship 4th Qtr 2007

SRP: US $149.99

Product Type: Diorama

Product Size: Approx. 13" H (330mm) x 6" W (152mm) x 6" D (152mm)

Base: Approx. 1.25" Tall (32mm)*

Est. Box Size: 15" H (381mm) x 8.5" W (216mm) x 8.5" L (216mm)*

Est. Product Ship Weight: 6.00 lbs (2.59 Kg)

This is actually a VERY nice price, especially with an e-tailer discount.

Had it figured for over $200, honestly. Now I'll be getting it, almost certainly.

I'm considering getting one. I like the fact that the base can be removed. It would look pretty cool hanging on a wall.

You can totally hang it somewhere unexpected and scare people with it.

And yes, the removable base and wall-mounting is a winning concept.

It really looks great. And at $149.99 it's within my price range, but I won't be able to afford it if it's coming in 4th Qtr 2007; That's 1:6 Power Loader time.

At 13" it's close enough to 1:6 scale to go with a 1:6 garage kit I haven't built yet. (It's out in my garage right now. Why do think they still call them garage kits?) Called "Lucky Star," here's the producer's photo:

luckystar.jpg

That Ripley is mighty nice...

But I've decided to collect this entire diorama line. They'll all be wall-mountable, and judging by the quality of the first piece, some might actually be small masterpieces. I really love this Alien. Why isn't the preorder up yet?

Here's hoping for a reasonable (1000 or under) ES...

PO Up now, order places :) Given the size and quality of this piece I think $150 is VERY reasonable.

And it's not an exclusive, so I picked it up over at Adam's.

$191 shipped to my neck of the woods, that's a great deal!

Bring them on, Sideshow! :)

I'll collect the entire line, I think. This first piece is astoundingly good.

I'm really debating on getting it too. I've been trying to see good pics of it compared to other things. I see it next to the 12" dead dolls and it did look like a good size. I know it says it's 13". I hate to start another line of things to collect, but I've always liked the alien movies and it looks like this line is semi affordable.

yes, i've been on the fence as well... talking to one of the sideshow staff though, he was telling me a bit of what they have in store for the rest of the line. a swimming alien from resurrection!!!

Back