Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you've got a point there.

I have lost count of the number of times I have come away underwhelmed from the reading or watching of a universally proclaimed 'classic'. 2001: A Space Odyssey nearly did my head in, but I've come to love it for what it is. I don't think anyone will have trouble staying awake through Alien though :lol

I have lost count of the number of times I have come away underwhelmed from the reading or watching of a universally proclaimed 'classic'. 2001: A Space Odyssey nearly did my head in, but I've come to love it for what it is. I don't think anyone will have trouble staying awake through Alien though :lol

At least I watched Bladerunner in it's entirety. 2001 I couldn't finish. Bored me to tears. Alien on the other hand, is one of my all time favorite movies!

Bladerunner is a classic because it is one of the pioneers in special effects n scifi, many films have emulated it and didn't even know that this was one of the sources of some elements....the pre-web idea that the people in the film spoke japanese and spanish to imply that the future is more of a world culture, ...fifth element did something similar....all of these artists like moebius and ron cobb introduced designs which are steeped in realistic cultures that brought a reality like nothing ever seen....giger's biomechanical style n designs were also completely "alien", to the viewing public in 79... Every other artist out there has been influenced by y these films generations later sand do not even realize... ,it was new and groundbreaking...it is slow by todays standards, but at the time was unlike anything we'd ever seen...
Same with star wars.... We are spoiled by internet, speed culture, instant gratification, quickly cut, visual effects today, but we forget that these special optical effects, and motion control technologies were novel ands difficult to accomplish, as those methods are still difficult by todays standards

But really makes these films special were the ideas that they presented, the moral questions that arose in light of these new situations and in the face of unique technologies and given god-like controls...these slow-moving films paved the way for many films that are considered modern classics and inspired many of our new writers, directors, n other artists in the industry today...n before the alien n bladerunner, star wars generation, there was the ray harryhausen / godzilla / flash gordon generation ...these are the directors n creators like g.lucas, spielberg, depalma, zemekis, coppola, cameron, r.scott...they've even influenced each other as well as the current gen of filmmakers, writers, engineers, inventors,etc

Bottom line, you'll appreciate the big chap more after watching alien....but do it when youre wide awake, bc it is slow by todays standards...films have to run under 2 hours now to maximize profits in theatres....they didn't care as much back in the day

Last edited:
I'm intentionally keeping myself in the dark of the plot of Prometheus. Knowing it is even Aliens related and directed by Ridley Scott makes me very excited about it! I hate teasers and trailers...I'd rather go in with no idea of what I'm going to see.

All I know about Prometheus is, it's a prequel to A L I E N and a stand alone film, it's about the space jockey and how that ship ended up on LV,:slap whatever the number is, that's all I know. And want to know, until I'm sitting in the theater on June 8th.:yess:

first i had Blade Runner In my collection but ! didnt watched it..........after i heard so much abt it i watched ..... but its nothing special movie kinda oKK..... I liked Alien Series waiting for Prometheus:)

first i had Blade Runner In my collection but ! didnt watched it..........after i heard so much abt it i watched ..... but its nothing special movie kinda oKK..... I liked Alien Series waiting for Prometheus:)

I agree. Ridley Scott is one of my all time favorite film makers. I never understood all hubbub about Blade Runner. It was okay.

Been rewatching all the A L I E N features on the bluray set. Getting all pumped up! Debating on taking June 8th off to go see Prometheus frist thing in the morning, then head home an watch A L I E N.

This movie makes me want to buy big chap soon. Lol I will have him soon. For the 800.00 it's worth it compare to the 2k 1/4 LSF predator.

This movie makes me want to buy big chap soon. Lol I will have him soon. For the 800.00 it's worth it compare to the 2k 1/4 LSF predator.

Watch alien first...
Some Basics every Alien fan should know:

ALIEN was released in 1979 by 20th Century Fox Film Corp

Directed by Ridely Scott

written by Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shusett

Tom Skerritt ... Dallas

Sigourney Weaver ... Ripley

Veronica Cartwright ... Lambert

Harry Dean Stanton ... Brett (cameo in Avengers referencing "alien")

John Hurt ... Kane ( Harry Potter: Ollivander)

Ian Holm ... Ash (Lord of the Rings: Bilbo Baggins)

Yaphet Kotto ... Parker

Bolaji Badejo ... Alien

Music - Jerry Goldsmith

Alien designs - H.R. Giger

concept artist - Ron Cobb (worked on Conana the Barbarian, Indiana Jones, etctribute Clone Wars character jedi Roron Corob)

costume designer - John Mollo (Star Wars costume design)

Cargo Vessel: Nostromo
Shuttle Craft / Life Boat : Narcissus

Cat: Jones / Jonesy / "little $_____head" (Aliens)

:rotfl that's funn y - I love it when typos create humor... I think I'll leave it Conana -- that's Conan's long lost gran...

:lol And I love it when those impromptu typos create humor which it turn sets the stage for another one! Bravo! :clap

It might be more bang for your buck compared to the LSF but nowhere close in terms of sculpt, pose and overall detail. Not to mention a ton of switchout parts!!

Cheers,
Neo.

Back