Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, if you are being serious, I think I'm about to use the "ignore" button for the first time in my life!

Resurrection was the best? :slap

Don't know who the director is? :slap

Oy vey... :medic

I like all the aliens movies, but the resurrection was by far my favorite part. At the time I didn't care much for directors to me it was just a good movie with cool creatures and wyona Ryder too. :) but it's great I didn't know that the weird brown alien I just ordered from resurrection was from my favorite part of all the alien movies. That's a plus for that piece. :clap come to think of it now I think I seen all the alien movies except the first one. It seem to old so I skip that one.

I'm pretty sure this guy is pulling everyone's chain to get a laugh.

No I just posted what I like. Is there something people don't like about that movie? Or is it that I never saw the first part? :dunno besides I tend to like alot of the movies other people don't like anyways. But that's what I like. I'm A fan of aliens but didn't dig too much into it until the statues came out so now I'm learning more about them.

Last edited:
Hey guys, got mine this week and love it.:) Got a little chip on the tail where it joins on the body, what paint colour would you use to repair it if I do so? I'm also no artist lol, the only thing I have painted is a wall:)

I'm pretty sure this guy is pulling everyone's chain to get a laugh.

Maybe. Or maybe he didn't see Alien at all and just liked what he'd seen i.e. Resurrection. To each his own and he did not praise or defame any single installment or any of its directors. He just mentioned what he likes. Its doesn't necessarily mean that he has to know the entire A to Z's of the Alien franchise (although it'd be a plus for him) and so to pick on him for this reason seems inappropriate. To be frank, I like Aliens too but I still can't differentiate between them. That's just IMO.

Cheers,
Neo.

Maybe. Or maybe he didn't see Alien at all and just liked what he'd seen i.e. Resurrection. To each his own and he did not praise or defame any single installment or any of its directors. He just mentioned what he likes. Its doesn't necessarily mean that he has to know the entire A to Z's of the Alien franchise (although it'd be a plus for him) and so to pick on him for this reason seems inappropriate. To be frank, I like Aliens too but I still can't differentiate between them. That's just IMO.

Cheers,
Neo.

Thanks bro. Yeah I always liked aliens and predators but wasn't into all the little details of directors, and which alien or predator was which. I also love the newer predators movie. They were all very enjoyable. Lol I do admit that most of the movies I like others don't same as music too. Lol. But now that I see these awsome statues and starting to collect various kinds. I'm into aliens, predator, marvel etc. It's also great to learn more about these. I was out of the game for a long time. So it's catch up time. :) but anyways this big chap just looks cool. That's one of the reason I want it.

It seem to old so I skip that one.

Normally I'm one to say 'to each his own' but that **** is just plain lazy. Get your lazy ass onto that couch, roll up a choice number - if that's your thing - and sit back and enjoy one of the greatest sci-fi movies EVER MADE. And then watch Bladerunner.

Normally I'm one to say 'to each his own' but that **** is just plain lazy. Get your lazy ass onto that couch, roll up a choice number - if that's your thing - and sit back and enjoy one of the greatest sci-fi movies EVER MADE. And then watch Bladerunner.

Ok yes sir! :) I saw bladerunner. That was pretty good. The first aliens will try to see it soon when I go on vacation in 2 months.

cbg - buy mine, and I'll forgive you for now knowing who directed Alien! :lol

Selling him already? I thought you said it was the best Alien maquette on the market?:huh

I'm glad I held off buying one. If I didn't, I probably would be selling mine as well.

Dammit. I ordered this ages a go thru Aussie seller Popcultcha, but still haven't received it. Anyone in the same boat? Emailed them a couple times, but no response. Will be giving them a ring

Meh, Bladerunner isn't for everyone and is kinda boring. Never saw what people saw in this movie.

Meh, Bladerunner isn't for everyone and is kinda boring. Never saw what people saw in this movie.

Lol I like your Megan fox avatar better! :wink1:
But big chap I think is the best alien statue made so far for me. I like the standing pose. Makes him look like a LSF statue. Much better deal than the wolf predator. :lol

finally someone agrees with me :) i get flamed by my buddies for not liking bladerunner. The movie is so slow & boring, and it's not the old special fx.. They tried to make it deep & get into the human/robot philosophical morales, but it falls flat never accomplished anything on the emotional level.

I liked AI much better, even though all the bladerunner fans hate it :lol

finally someone agrees with me :) i get flamed by my buddies for not liking bladerunner. The movie is so slow & boring, and it's not the old special fx.. They tried to make it deep & get into the human/robot philosophical morales, but it falls flat never accomplished anything on the emotional level.

I don't think it's a horrible movie by any stretch, but I just don't see the awesomeness that others see. I've had this conversation with plenty of people over the years and in the end, it came down to a lot of people just following others and regurgitating what they said about it.

At least you saw it to make that judgement. Bladerunner is a seminal classic and any sci-fi fan should make the effort to see it.

I agree. I finally was able to watch it without falling asleep (4th time's the charm)and it's just too boring for me.

Back