Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the off topic, again. :monkey3

I have no idea how big the head on the film costume was, but the length on the Maquette is 12 and a half inches.

headlength.jpg

Someone in the know could enlighten us.

I'm still waiting for my Big Chap maquette:mad: I ordered from a respectable online retailer (pre-ordered and paid for for almost a full year now) and nothing yet. Apparently they only got in a few pieces and more will be on the way (but when?). This is getting frustrating considering that Sideshow has had these in stock for 2 or 3 weeks now.
Has anybody else ordered from an online retailer (other than Sideshow directly) and received their maquette? Are others in this situation still waiting like I am:dunno

I am that guy.... :)

Like I said it on the video, I saw a full size Alien and this is definitely a 1/5 if not 1/6. Big Chap to me looks like more a 1/4 scale.

Big Chap maquette is great but I think Alien warrior maquette looks just perfect in every way...

Cheers

Bear

but the cm alien is the same size and that's 1/3 no?

Ya, that's what I was thinking. I might try the hair dryer thing as long as I can figure out a way to not get any heat on the dome.

If you're gonna try it, you shouldn't have a problem not hitting the dome.

when I made my bust, after I washed it, I had quite a bit of water get into my dome, so I had to use a hairdryer to help dry up those water drops, I didn't have any issues blasting the dome with the hair dryer.

I'm still waiting for my Big Chap maquette:mad: I ordered from a respectable online retailer (pre-ordered and paid for for almost a full year now) and nothing yet. Apparently they only got in a few pieces and more will be on the way (but when?). This is getting frustrating considering that Sideshow has had these in stock for 2 or 3 weeks now.
Has anybody else ordered from an online retailer (other than Sideshow directly) and received their maquette? Are others in this situation still waiting like I am:dunno

Yep. Ordered mine thru Popculcha, still waiting for it. No confirmation as yet.:impatient:

Ordered mine through AFX and have had it (in Japan) for about two weeks now.

Who did you order with?

Sean.

I went ahead and measured the domes on my 1/4 SS Alien Maquettes also, so some people can compare the differences in the sizes/scales.

(all measurements are approx. Measured from upper lip, over the dome, to back of head)

Warrior Maquette: 12.5 inch long skull/dome.

Dog Maquette: 12.75 inch long dome.

Big Chap Maquette: 13.5 inch long dome.

Queen Bust: Huge 25+ inches to spike tip.

The Dog is considered 1/3 scale but, his dome is roughly the same length/size as the Warrior skull/dome (when measured in the same place as the Warrior on that other pic DeadLeaves posted earlier) which is odd.

The Warrior is 1/4 scale in my opinion. While the Dog and Big Chap are closer to 1/3 if anything. The difference in scale when displayed next too each other isn't that extreme actually and they all look great together. :)

yea, having the CM Alien in my collection for about a month, I could tell the SS maquette is very close to 1/3 scale once I set it up.

Can anyone here tell me if this maquette could fit inside a confinement of a depth of aprox. 13.5"? Width and Height is not an issue in this case. I don't trust Sideshow's Specs sometimes. Thanks guys.

Yeah, 13.5" front to back should be enough clearance for this Maquette. (I just checked)

The Warrior is 1/4 scale in my opinion. While the Dog and Big Chap are closer to 1/3 if anything. The difference in scale when displayed next too each other isn't that extreme actually and they all look great together. :)

I disagree.
I had the Warrior next to the Dog Maquette and sold it because it's way too small.

Back