Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i pre-ordered the alien maquette! :dance

personally, i think it is an absolutely beautiful piece.
is the pose the best one ss could have gone for? no.
but does it ruin the whole thing? definitely not.

now i am not singling out any one person in particular, but i think some of the collectors on this forum have become so nitpicky and fussy that they have actually forgotten how to enjoy this hobby. yes, it is an expensive collectible, and for the price we should be more demanding. i also thought long and hard before i committed to it. but at the end of the day, this is a work of art that is undoubtedly worth the asking price, and more.

if u don't agree and want to slag me off for calling u out on being a negative nancy, sure. freedom of speech, etc etc. but sometimes i feel us collectors become too preoccupied with one aspect of a piece and completely overlook the beauty of it in total.

Im holding out hope that the arm may be inserted in a different angle (or be made to do so), as I'd really like to get a large (but not 1/1!) full body representation of the Alien.

Im holding out hope that the arm may be inserted in a different angle (or be made to do so), as I'd really like to get a large (but not 1/1!) full body representation of the Alien.

It wouldn't be hard at all to reposition his right arm.
Just cut the polystone part of the peg,rotate it and glue.

____ it !!!! I cracked and called my retailer.Ordered!!!:yess:

Back