Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pose seems a little strange but it makes me think of the alien walking down a hall in the ship and it's turning around cause it heard one of the crew make some noise as they entered the area.

I may just have to put a big dent in my reward point and get this for deposit plus shipping.

Dibujoqew-2.jpg

It looks much better now that I've seen the 360 view of it. But I Wish they had of given it hands like these:

alien%20giger%20alien%20hand%20display2.jpg

I too am used to seeing the hands like that, and the reason they look like that is because the finger tips were tied together so they wouldn't flop around in the movie because they were so long, but they were designed to be separate digits as seen in this photo.

0010gj9pv9.jpg

Oddly, it seems the joined fingers became the iconic look which the Winston Aliens incorporated by design, but from a certain point of view, the Sideshow Alien is the most perfectly accurate Giger Alien.

I always felt the fingers were looped together like that because the human hand inside only had five phalanges, and also as a creative way to overcome that obstacle and have six on the creature. This still is Kane's son, and Giger's creation. I prefer them attached.

But...

Ordered!!! (from my dealer) :D

I too am used to seeing the hands like that, and the reason they look like that is because the finger tips were tied together so they wouldn't flop around in the movie because they were so long, but they were designed to be separate digits as seen in this photo.

0010gj9pv9.jpg

Oddly, it seems the joined fingers became the iconic look which the Winston Aliens incorporated by design, but from a certain point of view, the Sideshow Alien is the most perfectly accurate Giger Alien.

Thanks for posting this. It never bothered me as I had seen some reference for the fingers to be separate. It looks so much better IMO.

In a matter of evolution I think it is more practical to have separate fingers.

I'm attempting to finish up all my essay homework, but just can't stay focused.

This new maquette is making me love the Aliens maquette so much more. I can't wait to see them all set up, displayed, and lit in my Bestas come December...

Ordered!
Now to track down a Warrior.
If I like it better than my warrior kit I'll sell the kit.

0010gj9pv9.jpg

I thought it was because they wanted to give the ALIEN a less human appearance. I like the fingers joined, it's more creepy looking. It's not going to stop me from buying.

I think the paint is pretty damn good... Dark with the rusty highlights.

The blue could just be reflection / bleed from the background in the promo shots.

Lighting makes a huge difference to the perceived colour on my Warrior Maq. I guess we will have to wait 'till in hand shots turn up.

1. Horrible pose
2. Wrong anatomical details
3. No Stan Winston Studios involvement (although in this case, SWS never did the effects of the original Alien)
4. High price for a 1/4 scale PF/maquette.
5. Edition size too high.

All these criticisms AND MUCH MUCH MORE was hurled at the Alien Warrior Maquette.

Now?

It is bar none one of the best collectibles I own period and EASILY can stand next to my Winston 1/4 scale Queen bust and Alien Dog Maquette with NO SHAME whatsoever.

In hand, that warrior is just one of the most RIDICULOUSLY detailed pieces I've ever seen. And has many Youtube reviews in high definition have shown, it is truly amazing.

So . . . for all the complaints about this one, I just remember that is scupted by the same group: Martin Canale and the Gore Group that did Alien Warrior and I have faith that in hand, it will again exceed all expectations.

Dennis

Wonderful post. At first I thought it was yet another complaint post until I read on. And I have to fully agree with you on your assessment of the Warrior. While I still feel it is priced just a bit too high, I'm still very happy with it. Of course I picked mine up for $690 shipped, and fully intend to use the same dealer for the new Alien Big Chap!

:D Still, can't wait.

The paint isn't very accurate. More idealized like the Warriors paint job.
I'm fine with that though. Since the CM has a more accurate paint app and I have a 1/4 Warrior painted accurate to the suits.

For me I always like my statues to look screen accurate. It can be prop accurate all it wants but if it doesn't look like it does in the movie then it's not working for me.
HCG take note.

Back