Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see Sideshow posting pics if the hands are going to drastically different though.

I think we're going to be stuck with the McFarlane hands.

The mold masters were probably altered, but any changes to the hands won't be revealed until we see production pieces, most likely. There was only one prototype painted for this huge piece, and they wouldn't have adjusted its hands after painting.

The mold masters were probably altered, but any changes to the hands won't be revealed until we see production pieces, most likely. There was only one prototype painted for this huge piece, and they wouldn't have adjusted its hands after painting.

I really hope you're right.

Any idea how they have anchored so as to be stable? It looks precarious, but I'm sure they must have come up with something so it will be stable and solid on it's base.

It's going to have metal rods running down inside its legs, through it's feet which will plug into the base.

Just like all the other SS pieces like this.

21744219523280162351483.jpg

21546119523682972421483.jpg

20697819523612170651483.jpg

20547819523539368831483.jpg

20668719523447766541483.jpg

21649819523484967471483.jpg

It just gets better and better. I put my deposit down for it the other day. I can't wait to see it next to the Alien Cinemaquette. :blissy

Now for the wait... :impatient:

It's going to have metal rods running down inside its legs, through it's feet which will plug into the base.

Just like all the other SS pieces like this.

I figured that, but I just don't see how a regular metal post will hold that thing. It looks like it'll have all kinds of problems. Is anyone else wondering the same thing?

Sideshow has been using a square/rectangle polystone peg on some of their Marvel PFs instead or in conjunction with the metal rod. There seems to be something black under the right foot which might be one of these. I hope this is only for the prototype.
CM managed to use only rods, but they also managed to get the statue and feet looking properly balanced and dynamic. This still leans too much.
Glad they have fixed the fingers they were way off :clap

If what you see under the right foot were a mounting peg of some sort, you wouldn't see it above the surface of the base. What you're seeing, I believe, is just part of the weird anatomy of the Alien's foot. You can see the same shape on the left foot in this shot, and it's pretty consistent with the NECA feet. It's probably part of the Giger costume design to give the character more height.

Sideshow has been using a square/rectangle polystone peg on some of their Marvel PFs instead or in conjunction with the metal rod. There seems to be something black under the right foot which might be one of these. I hope this is only for the prototype.

it looks like it'll be top heavy and wobbly. From the looks of it, it'll shake or rock a bit anytime someone shuts a door or a window

Last edited:
One way of solving that would be to have the figure attached to the base permanently.

If what you see under the right foot were a mounting peg of some sort, you wouldn't see it above the surface of the base. What you're seeing, I believe, is just part of the weird anatomy of the Alien's foot. You can see the same shape on the left foot in this shot, and it's pretty consistent with the NECA feet. It's probably part of the Giger costume design to give the character more height.

You are correct.

The actual suit had lifts in the heels to give Bolaji a bit more height.

As I looked at these pictures, I am more and more inclined to pre-order this Alien. It will undoubtedly be the centrepiece of my humble collection. But ordering this will also mean that I will have to stop buying collectibles for the rest of this year!! Decisions, decisions, decisions...........

Another look of the paint job/piece.

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

I pre-ordered mine. Don't know how I'm going to pay for if yet. Might have to sell off a few things to cover it. This could very well end up being my only A L I E N piece. I have a feeling that all my other busts, dioramas and dollies and figures will pale in comparison.

Back