Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, phenomenal piece by Sideshow. At 1250 pieces, this will be around for a little while but as good word of mouth spreads, it's going to disappear sooner than later and then I can see it fetching 1500 plus on Ebay very easily. It's that good.

I'll say it right now: best Big Chap statue every made. And yeah I'll put it over the CM and Sano versions.

This is my concern. I am on the fence because of the price, but I know I will pick it up someday. I was wondering if it will jump in price on the secondary market. I can see this being expensive down the road. Any idea if we will get the original Alien in this scale again from Sideshow?

This is my concern. I am on the fence because of the price, but I know I will pick it up someday. I was wondering if it will jump in price on the secondary market. I can see this being expensive down the road. Any idea if we will get the original Alien in this scale again from Sideshow?

another 1/4 Giger? I would say chances are slim to none. A 1:2 LSB, yes, but I doubt SS will go back to the Giger besides that, unless they do it in full 1:2 scale.

Ordered! It's expensive, but for the size of this thing, plus it is the original Alien.

I just could not miss out on this thing.

Still at work, waiting to get off so I can go get my Big Chap from UPS.

Well I got mine today! This thing is MASSIVE! Largest piece I owned up to now was the Morgul Lord PF but he is mostly cloth :lol

Wow am I impressed. Super impressed. And mine came with no defects, everything looks perfect on it.

The paint looks great, the pose, the sculpt...all phenomenal. I had originally said in an earlier post that I wished the dome was foggier. It's actual perfect as is. Must have just been the super crisp pictures.

I have a garbage camera and won't pretend to be a photographer, but I took a few pics anyway to show you the size of this guy. Also some of the dome.

f31e6f8b.jpg

8d6c35b1.jpg

71d0c65f.jpg

b08a4378.jpg

75b72814.jpg

a4e28c37.jpg

:yess::yess::yess:

Ok I found a couple of small defects.

One, the tail I noticed was a bit too curved in and was almost touching his thigh. So I heated it up and bent it out more. Good to go now.

Two, was the little 3 prongs on his left hip, just below the circle with 3 circles inside forming a triangle, the bottom prong was obviously broke off and repaired by the factory with a poor paintjob to cover it up. I color matched the paint and painted over it and now it's almost unnoticeable.

Three, and unfixable, there is a small chip on his shoulder. It's not too noticeable so I don't think I'll be sending this back, but it is there.

Yeah, you can pick these pieces apart when you start looking and looking. I found a few issues with mine, and I know many would say it's expensive, send it back and get it right, but I'm familiar enough with Sideshow's track record to keep mine and fix it myself. No major breaks, just one tiny noticeable chip on his back spine, or dorsal fin, or whatever we call it. I'm actually jealous of your's because it's pretty great in that area...

Nice shots! :D

Just got him together about five minutes ago. Crazy day to say the least. Now I need to go to bed. Will shoot some pics tomorrow. First impressions--a truly HUGE Alien statue with only the Cinemaquette one being taller (of the licensed statue variety that is). Paint job is mix of so many different colors I don't even know where to begin and looks rough and blotted yet its pure Alien (looks so much more than the CM piece). And it looks slimy and like chunks of ooze are coming off of it like all that vasoline they used in the film. That's terrific. The highlighting and shadowing of the piece, especially in the dome is out of the park. The pose is growing on me though once I put it together I wished one of those big hands were like reaching out to choke one of the Nostromo's crew. Like Ash, I'm "still collating" so I'll come back tomorrow after I've had some sleep to give you more.

One last thing...

Pulling this thing out of the box and putting it together makes the last couple of days since the new Prometheus trailer(s) dropped that much more pleasing. But it also makes the wait for this film that much more unbearable.

Just opened mine as well, and this thing is impressive! One defect though, there is a chip on the back of one of his ankle spine, similar to the one azurepred has.
I like it, and for the money, this one is a steal! Go get one before it's sold out! :)

Ok I found a couple of small defects.

Three, and unfixable, there is a small chip on his shoulder. It's not too noticeable so I don't think I'll be sending this back, but it is there.

maybe it's because he's upset about being stuck in that goofy pose for all eternity.

(just messing)
:D

man this piece looks amazing. really really tempted to get it. but was curious about flexpay. this would be my first piece from sideshow so Im not too experienced with ordering from them. if I were to use the flex pay option is it possible to pay the 160 dollars per month but also if I wanted I could pay more on a month or two if I decided to? just to pay for it quicker?

Back