Acrylic Display Case dimensions, prices, vendors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... didn't know where to put this but.. I have built a display case... basicallt 6' tall 3' wide and 2' deep. It has one fixed shelf in the middle made out of Pine (I believe). Now my question is... will this support a 1:1 and/or PF's???

Thanks for any help.

if you have a table saw to cut acrylic plastic, and a buffing wheel w/ buffing compond you can make some pretty cheap shelf units that are very easily adaptable for different sized statues.
i am trying different thickness material right now, i am thinking 3/8 for a 12 to 16" span and 1/2" for 2 feet.
after i get the dimensions figured out i plan on putting everything behind glass panels
ps. it also gives you to opportunity to play with different colors to suit different dios etc.

We are GEMO Display Cases, a manufacturer of custom display cases for collectibles. Our display cases are glass / mirror (eliminating the dust and scratch problems of acrylic cases). You can choose single exhibit display cases, or multi-compartment cases for larger collections. Each case is custom built to your exact dimensions and specifications (colors), and our prices are very reasonable. Check out our website at https://www.gemodisplays.com or contact us at [email protected] for more information.

man, with the ridiculous prices you all pay for individual acrylic cases, you'd be better served by investing in a huge curio to house them.

just for our uk members these guys do a pretty good job according to a friend of mine who collects sideshow statues.

https://www.acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk/

I will have to get one for my 1:1 T-800 bust.

They're pretty expensive, been trying to look for 1/6 case in the UK, but all prices are ridiculous. Might as well invest in a decent cutting machine and some acrylic boards and make your own case.

I've got an Alien 3 maquette coming in this week. My first statue and I definitely want to protect it. Anyone have a case for it or know off hand what size I will need?

Anyone have the dimension for Starcraft Tychus Findlay? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
does anyone have pictures of the acrylic black base and the wood one? I wanted to see the difference. Thanks in advance.

I have found a guy in Charlotte NC who is making me a case for the MR Falcon for only $140. If it turns out great I will be sure to post his name and website. He says he can make black acylic bases as well.

He usually does work for stores like Belk and JCPenneys for store displays but he also makes some really nice looking 1:24 and smaller diecast NASCAR displays.

I have found a guy in Charlotte NC who is making me a case for the MR Falcon for only $140. If it turns out great I will be sure to post his name and website. He says he can make black acylic bases as well.

He usually does work for stores like Belk and JCPenneys for store displays but he also makes some really nice looking 1:24 and smaller diecast NASCAR displays.

Thanks! please keep us updated.

I was just at my local Lowes and they sell and custom cut acrylic. I will be attempting to make my own because I am not willing to spend more for a case than I did for the collectible. LOL..

I was just at my local Lowes and they sell and custom cut acrylic. I will be attempting to make my own because I am not willing to spend more for a case than I did for the collectible. LOL..

haha true. was quoted 280. almost cost more then that statue itself. so your saying they custom cut it, but not make it correct? you'll have to assemble it yourself?

i am kinda new to the acrylic cases so would anyone know what measurements for the case would i need for the sideshow jason scream scene diorama or the brundlefly polystone statue.

any news =)

Back