Ace Toyz "Mighty Hero" Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried watching Justins videos earlier but lord jaysus they're drivel. He barely even moved them. Don't review something you won't actually review. It's a glorified unboxing. That been said they look good, morpher is completely wrong but for about 120 quid each they're good enough.

How is the morpher incorrect?

I think he's referring to the inscription on them. They say "Mighty Morphing Power Rangers", which is only accurate to the morpher toys, not to the American or Japanese versions of the suits

I don't mind this at all. In fact I preordered the set and the Green Ranger from Ekia, who say their current preorders will go towards a shipment they should be getting in around mid-February. The only issue is that I had to pay up front for it. I'm too excited to care though, as Justin's reviews made me want them in the first place!

As far as how accurate these are:

Morpher is based on the original '93 toy. While the molds for that were used for buckles on the show, the stickering is different.
In MMPR it said "Power" on the top half and "Rangers" on the bottom with some lightning coming from the outer letters.

The Green Ranger's Morpher should be gold and his shield is too large.

All of the helmets are inaccurate in terms of shape and detail placement but that said, neither Bandai nor Hasbro have nailed them either and to a casual viewer, they may not be able to tell the difference. An example would be, the bottom of Red's Visor should be pointed. The worst likeness seems to be Black Ranger's but if you're happy it has tusks and a visor I'm sure you won't mind. I can provide picture comparisons if anybody needs.

I've got over 15 versions of the MMPR ranging from Original 8 inch, 3.75 inch, automorphs, Legacy, 2010, new legacy, hasbro, micro machines, movie, etc... and these regardless of their faults might be my favourites. I've been longing for clothed versions all my life.
I only wish the articulation was better. Its hard to bring the arms up any higher than 90degrees on the males. I don't know if this is due to an undersuit, poor body used or the latex like chest diamonds placed on the spandex. The "Calling for Zords" pic below I've done is merely camera trickery as I can't get that arm any higher.
w6EOcco.jpg

KZ4D6PZ.jpg

I've been watching this show from childhood (just MMPR) and couldn't really pick out the differences.. id love to see your examples if you wouldn't mind. I'm still going to get these figs as I doubt official 1/6 figs will ever come but im very intrigued.

Id really love to see some enterprising customizer offer us some alternative Green Ranger shield. Its massive and throws the whole look and scale off.

Other than that and his morpher which should be gold, they are fairly perfect. Im really happy I got these.

Also they seem to be a hair larger than 1/6 scale. Atleast larger than the average Hot Toys figure.

Overall, for a 3rd party attempt at something no licensed company has ever tried to pull off... these are pretty spectacular.
I don't mind the Green shield size... may repaint the morpher if I pick up the set.

I do like that they acknowledged White Ranger has a completely different gold on his suit and helmet than Green Ranger does.

I've been watching this show from childhood (just MMPR) and couldn't really pick out the differences.. id love to see your examples if you wouldn't mind. I'm still going to get these figs as I doubt official 1/6 figs will ever come but im very intrigued.

This is Black, which I deem to be probably the most inaccurate. I can understand if you may think I'm a bit too over the top and as I mentioned above, its still good for a figure, but its not accurate.
Below are pics comparing the figure helmet to a true stunt cast helmet. As you can see the mouth is very different, the tusk is too wide and the side of the helmet is as if its been stretched but from the front, its more rounded like its eyes don't stick out.

Pn2nAkh.jpg

2e5GoJ5.jpg

DIOmw78.jpg

foxkG9V.jpg

lfT0X6a.jpg

rESySJ0.jpg

S4LD6n0.jpg
nYwi3JD.jpg

Yeah, I can see what you are talking about with the inaccuracies... though with the way
that Hasbro butchered Red Ranger's helmet (and to some extent Black and Green), these are
way better than any of the recent MMPR product put out.

VpbEWa4.jpg

I just put them all up now. I've actually run out of display space and need to save a little money to buy some. I removed some other figures though just to display these for now. Luckily they all fit on one shelf, not amazingly but still look ok for now.

VpbEWa4.jpg

I just put them all up now. I've actually run out of display space and need to save a little money to buy some. I removed some other figures though just to display these for now. Luckily they all fit on one shelf, not amazingly but still look ok for now.

Damn they look so good together! They really stand out as a team. I've been wanting 1/6 Scale, mixed media rangers forever. Can't wait to get these...

This is Black, which I deem to be probably the most inaccurate. I can understand if you may think I'm a bit too over the top and as I mentioned above, its still good for a figure, but its not accurate.
Below are pics comparing the figure helmet to a true stunt cast helmet. As you can see the mouth is very different, the tusk is too wide and the side of the helmet is as if its been stretched but from the front, its more rounded like its eyes don't stick out.
Not to mention the lack of "ears".

Personally the green looks the most off to me, probably because I have a green ranger helmet on display in my living room so the large visor and small mouthpiece immediately stick out to me.

But that massive green shield man; I gotta figure out some solution.

These look nice but are still unlicensed. Really, it can't be that hard as there are 2 licenses companies can approach - Power Rangers and Super Sentai.
Ace Toyz has some decent products but the lack of intention to acquire any licenses means they won't go far.

Doesn’t it mean they can tackle any license they like so long as they don’t brand their products as such? Not having a license to produce these hasn’t stopped them capitalising big time one bit.

Damn, delay in delivery from Fedex. Gonna have to wait until Tuesday now, it looks DX

You folks want pics?

Back