Ace Toyz "Mighty Hero" Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're here! I only had time to get the Green Ranger out tonight, so here's a few thoughts (pics later if anyone wants):

-Overall the look for the figure is fantastic. Looks like the character jumped right off the screen! The paint work is really solid, though I wish the visor on the helmet was a tad more glossy to really sell the visor look. The weathering on the gloves and boots gives it a nice lived in feel.

-I would highly recommend using smooth gloves or something of that nature when handling this figure. The suit snags quite easily even when I was using gloves. Thankfully the majority of the snagging was on the back, but still would rather it not be much of an issue at all.

-The accessories look good, though aren't as solidly detailed as one would like. I didn't have the patience tonight to get a hair dryer out to make a hand more flexible (And yes they are rock solid so don't try to force the weapons in) to fit the dagger in a hand. Also, the holster for the dagger requires some finagling to get the dagger in properly, but once it's done it looks great.

-I have a feeling that if less padding was used this figure would have fantastic posability. However, as is, you can't get super dynamic poses, and with what you can get it still feels like you're fighting the padding to get it there. This is true for the shoulders, thighs, elbows and neck for the most part, but if you work with it you can get some decent stuff. I would be super interested to see someone try this all on a seamless body, but I certainly won't try it myself (lacking the skills to do it right).

-With doing wider stances and the ankles not being the strongest, I'd try getting a wide base to put this figure on. I fit it fine on a standard 1/6 oval base, but it's not the most stable thing out there.

-In the end, I'd give this figure a solid 8/10. The cost is definitely worth a figure that looks as great as this! While I wish it was more posable, it's still a solid figure with a fantastically realistic look.

I am very excited to open up the other rangers ASAP!

They're here! I only had time to get the Green Ranger out tonight, so here's a few thoughts (pics later if anyone wants):

-Overall the look for the figure is fantastic. Looks like the character jumped right off the screen! The paint work is really solid, though I wish the visor on the helmet was a tad more glossy to really sell the visor look. The weathering on the gloves and boots gives it a nice lived in feel.

-I would highly recommend using smooth gloves or something of that nature when handling this figure. The suit snags quite easily even when I was using gloves. Thankfully the majority of the snagging was on the back, but still would rather it not be much of an issue at all.

-The accessories look good, though aren't as solidly detailed as one would like. I didn't have the patience tonight to get a hair dryer out to make a hand more flexible (And yes they are rock solid so don't try to force the weapons in) to fit the dagger in a hand. Also, the holster for the dagger requires some finagling to get the dagger in properly, but once it's done it looks great.

-I have a feeling that if less padding was used this figure would have fantastic posability. However, as is, you can't get super dynamic poses, and with what you can get it still feels like you're fighting the padding to get it there. This is true for the shoulders, thighs, elbows and neck for the most part, but if you work with it you can get some decent stuff. I would be super interested to see someone try this all on a seamless body, but I certainly won't try it myself (lacking the skills to do it right).

-With doing wider stances and the ankles not being the strongest, I'd try getting a wide base to put this figure on. I fit it fine on a standard 1/6 oval base, but it's not the most stable thing out there.

-In the end, I'd give this figure a solid 8/10. The cost is definitely worth a figure that looks as great as this! While I wish it was more posable, it's still a solid figure with a fantastically realistic look.

I am very excited to open up the other rangers ASAP!

I just don’t understand this restrictive clothing..these are based on Zyuranger even not MMPR..did Ace not do the research on how the rangers pretty much fight like martial artists in extremely crouching positions and stunts that would make spider-man proud. You’d think they would make these more posable:thud:

I just don’t understand this restrictive clothing..these are based on Zyuranger even not MMPR..did Ace not do the research on how the rangers pretty much fight like martial artists in extremely crouching positions and stunts that would make spider-man proud. You’d think they would make these more posable:thud:

Honestly, I can see why they did it. The material makes them look straight out of the TV show. Sacrificing articulation for appearance happens a lot in 1/6 figures, and honestly I can't argue with the results

Honestly, I can see why they did it. The material makes them look straight out of the TV show. Sacrificing articulation for appearance happens a lot in 1/6 figures, and honestly I can't argue with the results

But every YouTuber review said and shows the weak ankles

Got my set from Ekia in. That was one heavy box they came in.

They do look great! The guys seem to have a bit of looseness in some of the lower joints mixed with impossible to move upper joints, but I have been massaging those out and they stand on their own just fine. The girls are where you can get those real crazy poses.

My red ranger had some hard creases in the white vinyl near the shoulders. I noticed they are packaging them in their foam cutouts a bit diagonally; I wonder if it is to avoid this problem. My green ranger also has a hairline crack in the paint right near the tip of his nose. I may bring this up to see if I can get these resolved.

All in all, I think these are going to look great on the shelf!

88056600_1840686579396897_574193383233290240_n.jpg

Looks like the line is still growing!

I've been watching a review video over and over (not in English) of this awesome set and even after not seeing how they compare to hot toys scale, I could not resist. The box set will be here tomorrow, thanks to EKIA Hobbies and this thread I will have the MMPR in my collection. Thank you to all who did post photos of this amazing set and I plan on picking up the Green and White as well.

Last edited:
I broke down and ordered and paid for a set through KGHobby and picked up the White and Green Ranger as well...huge chunk of change all at once but got free shipping and 3% off the entire order by paying in full and no tax. Anyway after watching the reviews and seeing how good these all turned out and for practically half of what current 1/6 figures go for...I had to get them. Now it is just the waiting....

Ace Toyz "Mighty Hero" Collection

Family missed the mail man while I was at work :gah:, I'll have to go pick them up at the post office tomorrow at 9.

That stinks. I hate when my stuff is sitting in the post office when it already took so damn long to get to me to begin with. Hope you share pictures of yours and your thoughts on them. Not sure how many more I will buy after the first 7 that I have ordered and paid for. Maybe Lord Drakkon when they make him - which they have 3D modeled on their Twitter and FB pages.
568f0e5001ea9de4529b20ddb64d0be6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ace Toyz "Mighty Hero" Collection

Will definitely be in for more, really pleased how they came out. They have issues but well done Ace Toyz!
71d70fdd8b57da2f3d7ba86056c19591.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Re: Ace Toyz "Mighty Hero" Collection

That stinks. I hate when my stuff is sitting in the post office when it already took so damn long to get to me to begin with. Hope you share pictures of yours and your thoughts on them. Not sure how many more I will buy after the first 7 that I have ordered and paid for. Maybe Lord Drakkon when they make him - which they have 3D modeled on their Twitter and FB pages.
568f0e5001ea9de4529b20ddb64d0be6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome!

Back