3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Megatron Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Megatron Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

After getting Bumblebee and seeing how awesome he turned out I am starting to look forward to this guy. Bumblebee was a tight fit for the detolf, Megatron sure as hell isn't going to fit!

When is it shipping again? January?

^ Facebox, January is what the Sideshow website says, it was pushed back from December. However for those of us that watched the epic push back release on Bumblebee it may be March for all we know LOL:dunno

^ Facebox, January is what the Sideshow website says, it was pushed back from December. However for those of us that watched the epic push back release on Bumblebee it may be March for all we know LOL:dunno

March is actually the date I'm looking forward to. I would say May, but they actually released Bumblebee before New years so I'm giving them SOME benefits on this.

^True it very well could be something like May. If it's going to get pushed back we'll probably see it in the middle of December.

Still no word on this one way or the other. No notification of delay, yet I saw no display of the prototype at the Toys Soul convention. They had bumblebee and even the Starscream on display but no Megs.......hmmmmm

No Prime neither.

I wouldn't have expected Prime yet, he's not due out till June. But it is weird that we see a prototype Starscream before Megatron or Prime who were both revealed way before Starscream. Who knows maybe it will be Starscream that is released in January LOL. 3A have proven they know how to make a great transformer figure. Now they just need to really nail down the timeline releases etc.

Just noticed this guy is on a Waitlist on Sideshow's website. I guess a lot of people were just wanting to feel out the company's ability with Bumblebee before jumping into any other figs. So who else is super stoked that they just announced the G1 license?

I really hope they will still continue to explore this line though and not just move on to the G1 line. I would still love to see a DOTM Iron Hide, Sentinel Prime, and Shockwave!!!!

Yeah, I've noticed it too.
Bad news though, because the movie line is all but dead. The inside source says it's due to licencing.

^ Well that sucks all we are getting from DOTM is Bumblebee, Optimus, Starscream, and Megatron huh. Well they better do atleast those four on the G1 line.

Goddamn it. I really don't give a **** about G1 since we've been getting so much of that for about a decade now. Its time the movies got some GOOD figures and then as usual, 3A only scratches the surface of their license.

I feel the same way.
When asked, they said if the movie line was to continue....the ball wouldn't start rolling until the end of 2017.

I feel the same way.
When asked, they said if the movie line was to continue....the ball wouldn't start rolling until the end of 2017.

What exactly does that even mean? Putting aside how abysmal 3A is at giving any sort of estimate for future dates, does "the ball rolling" imply we'll be able to start preordering and waiting the inevitable 1 year and so forth in 2017? Surely it doesn't mean that figures would be getting released in 2017, because they would need to go up for Preorder now by 3As schedule.

Also, I'm amazed 3A can even acknowledge something happening beyond a year from now.

Well, I think it means an announcement. So figures in 2018.
I take that as code for "nope....hope you forget in two years time".

Here is the exact quote:

"Originally Posted by*decemberist*

Mmm I don't want to disappoint anyone – the sentiment and support is extremely appreciated, but with licensing it's a lot more complicated. There are multiple parties involved from different countries and each company has their specific requirements, contracts, expenses, fees, the span in years of each contract, and compensation, renegotiations and renewals, distribution rights, etc, etc.*

Best to leave the business dealings to the companies involved and the legal and licensing departments. We've had dealings in the past with well intentioned fans trying to get active petitions or try to get involved with licensing who have gone so far as to reach out to creators and artists or companies on behalf of 3A without any actual 3A staff involvement or knowledge and it can create some awkward, complicated, and unfortunate consequences for all parties involved.*

We're a pretty small staffed company with a full plate so if a return to the movie line happens, it wouldn't realistically be able to happen until at least the end of 2017 to mid/late 2018. It takes about nine months to a year of dev for each figure not including production on top of the ones we're already deeply (and contractually) involved in from original lines to licensed.*

We'll see how things go once the rest of the DOTM figures ship and how G1 does. Everything depends on if the support is there and how successful the figures are."

Originally Posted by*decemberist*

Understand nothing was canceled and certain characters sold very well, but licenses only last for a certain period of time and are usually for a specified amount of figures. We're really happy with how all of them turned out.*

Having grown up with G1 and being given the chance to pursue the license is an absolute dream so we're all thrilled to be able to do our own spin on the characters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by*decemberist*

Nope, not worried. What Takara/Hasbro do with the Masterpiece line really doesn't affect us or our goals. We're not out to make perfect representations of the cartoon or upscaled versions of the original toys – we're doing our own thing with G1.*

It's an exciting challenge to capture the essence of the characters while blending what Ash brings with his own unique touch and how the 3A team makes them a reality.

Last edited:

Wow, if they're going to put the rest of the potential movie figures in the hands of the absolute garbage "G1" line they're doing, you know its not going to happen.

The Optimus figure that we got a look at a while back is so ****ing terrible that nobody is going to buy into that line.

Wow, if they're going to put the rest of the potential movie figures in the hands of the absolute garbage "G1" line they're doing, you know its not going to happen.

The Optimus figure that we got a look at a while back is so ****ing terrible that nobody is going to buy into that line.

G1 Optimus from 3A? There was a teaser pic or something?

G1 Optimus from 3A? There was a teaser pic or something?

I posted a pic in the 3A G1 Transformers thread. It's from a few months ago where they released some photos of their design desks with a bunch of WIP prototypes and stuff just lying around. Considering we're not going to get anymore Bayformers, the Optimus that's shown in the pic is either part of the G1 line, or it was made as a joke. And I seriously hope it was made as a joke.

Bob 121 I just saw the pic you were talking about. Two of the figures looked like Titan fall figures, but the one on the far right did kind of look like some kind of Optimus/Wreck Gar hybrid. I seriously hope that's not the case.

Holy crap! It does look like Wreck Gar!
Hmmmm......:naughty

Back