3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Megatron Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Megatron Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

I'm OCD when it comes to these things. I might have to remove the writing with paint thinner or something.
I can't "un-see" it. lol

I ordered through Sideshow.
Anyone get a notification yet?

I was thinking the same thing and I haven't got notification from Sideshow yet either. Looks like 3A is filling their orders first prior to distributors like with Bumblebee.

Megatron got pushed to February according to Sideshow.
I feel like 3A is forcing us to become zen-masters when it comes to patience.
:lol

I wasn't even surprised. In fact I am still thinking it will be March to be honest.

I just got mine today. I'm staring at the box eating, gonna open it in a few minutes. So yeah I don't know why they take so long to get the stuff out to other distributors.

I just got mine today. I'm staring at the box eating, gonna open it in a few minutes. So yeah I don't know why they take so long to get the stuff out to other distributors.
when you open it, can you tell if his legs can be straightened? or if they're permabent?

They're permanent. Or at least I'm 99% sure they are and I'm not going to break mine trying to push it past what it obviously can't do. I personally don't mind it but I can see why it's an issue.

After fiddling around with it, so far my issues are:
-Chest area. Obviously.

-The light up feature is kind of a joke. I actually took the batteries out and put them in backwards because I thought they weren't working. Then I almost emailed CS saying the electronics don't work. Tested my batteries and tried it again the right way and turned off the lights and there's the tiniest little red glowing dots if you really look for them at certain angles. Its so bad compared to Bumblebee. And when you think about how there were all the exposed bits and sparking pieces from him, there really should have been more lit up areas on the head especially. I don't know why this thing requires 3 batteries.

-His cowl is too short. The texture is nothing at all what it is in the promo pics, and its definitely a different material, which is actually good. Its not too reminiscent of the way it looked in the movie but if it were a little darker I think it would be.

-His paint job is kinda bad since his entirety is the same paint job. The tires are the only parts of him that were painted in a different color, which makes some actual defining parts of him blend in when they're necessary to show detail. Big loss that the smokestacks, broken section of his head, and visible truck headlights on his chest are just the same brown weathered look.

-Still can't get over how bad it looks that his elbows are just rods that jut out of a rubber tire. Like what the hell?

He's just too bland compared to Bee. He doesn't have the same level of depth and detail and care that Bee had in his intricacies, and you can tell he was so much easier to make because he's just a lot flatter. I dont know if this is all because I had recently opened 3Zs Stryder, which has amazing attention to detail, and this guy doesn't even have working pistons when they stick out so much. And with all that said, he's really nice. Those negatives aren't enough to make me hate the guy, he's still really amazing and by far the best representation of DOTM Megs in physical form. And DOTM Megs is one of my favorite designs, and by far the best Megatron.

I'm looking at him right now, hunched over and menacing with his cowl blowing in the wind while there actually isn't any wind. And he looks so good. I have to admit he's a little disappointing every time I walk in the room and actually get close enough to see the details, but from a little ways away he sticks out and looks great. So I guess proportionally he's better than I expected. Which is my main concern for Prime.

thanks for the review, i kinda figured the legs would be that way and thats disappointing about the lights, oh well mine should be here monday/tuesday can't wait, can you take some photos of him next to stryder?

I see a repaint in my Megatron's future.
The ONLY reason why I'm getting one is because the line is basically dead, and there would be a hole in my collection without a Megatron.

I guess we knew what we were getting from the start.
The others look much better.

Yeah I don't know if anyone ever seriously thought they'd do more beyond the big 4. This is 3A, masters of procrastination and pissing away potential with every license they get. I imagine it'll be the exact same way with the G1 line.

:duffHere's to HotToys and Comicave.

got mine today, really liking him except for 2 things, #1 his eyes are dim AF! barely see them unless i get close, but not only that, they start dimming in minutes to the point where they can't be seen at all #2 my second gripe is his legs can't be straightened, he can't stand upright, most people probably won't mind but it s#!ts me do death..anyway heres a couple of terrible phone photos
meg1.jpgmeg2.jpg

I'm reading that you can straighten the leg out from another forum. Check to see if you can pull the joint up and out.

d501b81bb051f819cb92f746ddb44aed2e73e71f.jpg

I'm reading that you can straighten the leg out from another forum. Check to see if you can pull the joint up and out.

d501b81bb051f819cb92f746ddb44aed2e73e71f.jpg

link? the hips work fine it's the knees that don't straighten

nevermind the knees do extend downwards and kinda straighten up a bit

So many more characters to choose from, and to think we'll only get 4.
I'll just leave this here
complete+scale+1mb.jpg

24301921110_9519c2afea_b.jpg

Not my pic, but l thought l should share.
The hood looks good and the legs are straight.

^best picture I've seen so far. Probably because it covers my main problem with this figure, the shoulders.

bunch of youtube reviews are up, nice poses!

24301921110_9519c2afea_b.jpg

Not my pic, but l thought l should share.
The hood looks good and the legs are straight.

Did u modify the knees at all before u can have him stand up straight?

Back