3A - 1/6 & 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3A - 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

... He does look good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to be able to store my figures safely when they aren't on display. Putting them back into the original packaging is the best way. As for everyone talking about the art in the card, it's nothing new. If the card art is a selling point then give us something we haven't seen before. I also don't see the nostalgia in carded figures. Action figures have been sold on cards consistently for over 40 years...

I respect 3A indeed :lol

You can store the figure in the bubble and it will be safe.

And that's the point, the card is not the selling point, neither is the box, It's just cardboard.

I can understand you like boxes better just because, but let's not pretend there's a real reason for it.

Last edited:

Of course there's a reason for it... If not there would t be a preference...

Ash grew up reading 2000ad, all figs were blister carded back then, these are the figs he wished he was getting back then so.... hence the use of blister now. thats it really.

jeeeeebus h :rotfl

Ash grew up reading 2000ad, all figs were blister carded back then, these are the figs he wished he was getting back then so.... hence the use of blister now. thats it really.

jeeeeebus h :rotfl

This.

Of course there's a reason for it... If not there would t be a preference...
Yeah ******** reasons there are, and I respect those, I like the card because of the art and the nostalgia, that's a bs reason, you want a box because of storage, that's a bs reason too.

There are no real reasons like the ones you tried to rationalize is what I mean :lol

The art is just reused press images... Why didn't Wood do a piece for the packaging if it's about art? I just don't understand nostalgia for something that's been available for 40 years.

It's a pretty iconic image of Death though, so at this point is complaining for the sake of it right? :lol either that or bait.

Also, I love Ash's art but no thanks, I'd rather have more classic stuff on the card.

What illustration would you have picked?

Well, card or box I wish they would hurry up and get Dredd and the bike up for preorder. Maybe release the figure as a card and a figure and bike set as a box set with the little window for the figure like back in the day.

Maybe there's going to be a two pack, at least that's what I've read on the 2000AD boards.

Plus the thrill mail image does hint at an "exclusive", could be the two pack.

The art is just reused press images... Why didn't Wood do a piece for the packaging if it's about art? I just don't understand nostalgia for something that's been available for 40 years.

this isnt a line where Ash is reinventing it or doing it in his style. its based on the art by various well known and classic 2000ad artists hence the use of that style in all the sculpts and art on the packaging. believe that image is by bolland, the best known death artist and the first involved with his creation and appearance. this line is targeted at the huge number of long time 2000ad fans.

i would like to see some of Woods take on these characters but really dont think this is the place to do it on the packaging for these, if you think so i think your kinda missing the point of this line. its a complete homage to 2000ad's art and stories. again cuz Ash is a long time fan.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jud...ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIzK_M-JfoyAIVRVkmCh3vLA_o

Maybe there's going to be a two pack, at least that's what I've read on the 2000AD boards.

Plus the thrill mail image does hint at an "exclusive", could be the two pack.

would love a 2 pack with bike for sure but i think its a best bet that the ex will be a b/w ver like with the death.

this isnt a line where Ash is reinventing it or doing it in his style. its based on the art by various well known and classic 2000ad artists hence the use of that style in all the sculpts and art on the packaging. believe that image is by bolland, the best known death artist and the first involved with his creation and appearance. this line is targeted at the huge number of long time 2000ad fans.

i would like to see some of Woods take on these characters but really dont think this is the place to do it on the packaging for these, if you think so i think your kinda missing the point of this line. its a complete homage to 2000ad's art and stories. again cuz Ash is a long time fan.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jud...ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIzK_M-JfoyAIVRVkmCh3vLA_o
:goodpost:

would love a 2 pack with bike for sure but i think its a best bet that the ex will be a b/w ver like with the death.

Yeah you're right, 3A is also known for variants, and I kinda think 3A's version could do B/W better than Mezco's.

Although, the "exclusive" pic was of Dredd with his bike.

news via 3A staff :clap

"Final paint on Dredd's been approved, he's got the bolts, and his ankles tilt. Shooting for an end of Nov PO. Will have a more detailed announcement in the next couple weeks "-threeA

in response to the question on if the bike will be offered at same time as fig

"Yup! Singles and Sets are the plan"-threeA

:rock::rock::rock:

So there will be a little ankle articulation, that's a plus.

I'll get a single and a bike pack if I can.

in response to the question on if the bike will be offered at same time as fig

"Yup! Singles and Sets are the plan"-threeA

Ok... I'm sold. I don't care about the package. I'm down for Dredd and the bike. Especially if they're cheaper than Mezco's 2 pack.

yeah gots to be cheaper for sure! will have the LED lights but none of the other cool but not necessary sound fx stuff the mezco one has.

do love my mez dredds inhand, very solid but do think the threeA ver will be better. just based on appearance it gives me more of the classic 2000ad feels. only thing mez have over the 3A sans the tank like solid feel will be the dif sets of hands. not sure but imagine the 3A one will feature one extra pair of fisted hands. mez has this dope pointing hand which is super cool for posing in that "citizen, you just broke the law" type pose.

mez has this dope pointing hand which is super cool for posing in that "citizen, you just broke the law" type pose.

Yeah, that's how I have my NYCC black and white Dredd posed.

Yeah, it's just a question of style, Mezco's must be top notch quality like Batman, but I won't know until I get mine.

But I just like the more slim/classic 3A version, plus the overall outfit looks better imo.

And yeah, I like the style of 3A bikes better, they nailed that early classic style.

I really like the Mezco but yeah the style of the 3A is classic 80's Dredd... Particularly the bike. They nailed it.

Back