3A - 1/6 & 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3A - 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

I'm not overly fond of 3A to begin with and a ploy like this really just rubs me the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a ploy, they've been doing this for a long time, sometimes they use boxes, sometimes they use cards, the deal with 3A is that they genuinely don't care what the fans want and I kinda respect them for that :lol

It's not a ploy, they've been doing this for a long time, sometimes they use boxes, sometimes they use cards, the deal with 3A is that they genuinely don't care what the fans want and I kinda respect them for that :lol

You respect them for not caring about their fans? You don't mind getting less for your dollar?

You respect them for not caring about their fans? You don't mind getting less for your dollar?

Getting less for your dollar? The 3A one is probably gonna be $10 or $15 cheaper already shipped than the Mezco one, in my case it's gonna be $35 cheaper on top, just for shipping, so whatever do you mean? 3A is considerably cheaper than Mezco and arguably better quality.

Ash has said multiple times "this is my company and I do whatever I want", fans ***** and moan but they keep buying, I quit 3A a while ago for that same reason, I'm just back in it for Dredd, but in a time when fans are so spoiled and entitled that they will make a fuss out of say, whether it's a box or a card (even though card is cooler), it's nice to see a company that sticks to its guns and doesn't give a **** about the whining AND it's honest about it, I don't buy from them, which is the sensible thing to do if you don't like it, but it's nice to see.

They know they'll sell more because people will buy one to keep moc. That is a ploy. Them not caring about fans is exactly why I don't buy their stuff... That and most of it doesn't do it for me. I'm still on the fence but I'm leaning toward passing.

Getting less for your dollar? The 3A one is probably gonna be $10 or $15 cheaper already shipped than the Mezco one, in my case it's gonna be $35 cheaper on top, just for shipping, so whatever do you mean? 3A is considerably cheaper than Mezco and arguably better quality.

Ash has said multiple times "this is my company and I do whatever I want", fans ***** and moan but they keep buying, I quit 3A a while ago for that same reason, I'm just back in it for Dredd, but in a time when fans are so spoiled and entitled that they will make a fuss out of say, whether it's a box or a card (even though card is cooler), it's nice to see a company that sticks to its guns and doesn't give a **** about the whining AND it's honest about it, I don't buy from them, which is the sensible thing to do if you don't like it, but it's nice to see.
Yeah, as far as going with your own artistic vision despite what the fans might say is great, but the whole blister card thing is a ploy to get collectors to buy two figures instead of one. it doesn't have anything to do with artistic integrity. Wanting a box instead of a card is not entitlement, it's just wanting to be able to get one figure that you can take in and out of the package for displaying without destroying the value. And I'll happily pay a couple bucks more to get a boxed figure.
What's wrong with that?

Would you go to a restaurant if the chef didn't care about his customers?

They know they'll sell more because people will buy one to keep moc. That is a ploy. Them not caring about fans is exactly why I don't buy their stuff... That and most of it doesn't do it for me. I'm still on the fence but I'm leaning toward passing.
That is not true, people who buy singles will buy singles, and people who buy multiples will buy multiples regardless of the toy coming in a box or a card.

Yeah, as far as going with your own artistic vision despite what the fans might say is great, but the whole blister card thing is a ploy to get collectors to buy two figures instead of one. it doesn't have anything to do with artistic integrity. Wanting a box instead of a card is not entitlement, it's just wanting to be able to get one figure that you can take in and out of the package for displaying without destroying the value. And I'll happily pay a couple bucks more to get a boxed figure.
What's wrong with that?
No no, you see, if you were really that frank you wouldn't care about the package to begin with, which is negligible production cost that shouldn't realistically reflect on the price, and it's not a ploy, 3A is part of a niche scene, even if a bit more mainstream than the rest of the scene, where nostalgia is valued, hence the card, the whole "destroys value" is a secondary market thing, so which is the ploy really? You for thinking of future reselling? Or 3A for keeping their niche's tradition?

So yes, like it or not, it has more to do with artistic integrity than greed.

What I mean by "they don't care about their fans" wasn't about quality in the slightest, nor greed, 3A has never been about greed, in fact, they haven't really grown that much since they started, it's still a fairly small company, it has to do with 3A releasing what they want, when they want, how they want it

Would you go to a restaurant if the chef didn't care about his customers?

Did you miss the part where I said I don't buy from them?

A more appropriate question is, if a chef only serves pork regardless of popular demand, and you hate pork, would you eat in that restaurant? And if your answer is yes, how would complaining about the chef only serving pork look like?

I personally love the fact that it comes with a card, you can't match that aesthetic with a box.

I don't want to resell though. I just want to be able to open up the package without destroying it. I have all of my stuff in display cases and I save all the boxes so I can have it all as close to how I bought it as possible. I moved a time or two as well and it was nice to be able to put everything back in the original boxes to pack them up for moving.

Yeah don't get me wrong I totally get where you're coming from.

Personally I love cards, and if you're careful you can take it out without damage, I know it's not the same as a re-close-able box, but I don't mind at all, if I have to choose between a Mezco-type box with product shots or a card with actual art, gimme da card!

I don't mind a card on a low end figure but if I'm paying over $50 I expect something a bit more substantial.

Yeah the card/box cost difference must be cents, you don't make any sense.

It's just cardboard.

I like to be able to store my figures safely when they aren't on display. Putting them back into the original packaging is the best way. As for everyone talking about the art in the card, it's nothing new. If the card art is a selling point then give us something we haven't seen before. I also don't see the nostalgia in carded figures. Action figures have been sold on cards consistently for over 40 years...

Putting it on a card doesn't mean it can't be collector friendly - even mass market toy companies have done it, as well as plenty of small, collector focused companies.

I can't judge whether one is 'better' than the other til I get a ThreeA Dredd figure in my hands. Once Judge Death gets here, I plan on a comparison review with the regular Mezco Dredd.

I took some more pics in the shop of Judge Death for you.

Card Back art.

Close Ups.

Back