300: Rise of an Empire (2014) SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predator1221

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm kind of shocked this thread doesn't already exist. However, if it does some one please send me the link, and then you have my permission commece in ridiculing me unmercifully.

I don't know about everyone else here, but I need to talk about what I just saw.

Last edited:
Re: 300: Rise of an Empire (2014)

the thread exists. It is infinite

First thing I need to say before i head into spoiler territory is I truly think this movie is worth seeing in 3D. I usually never see movies in 3D anymore because 99% of the time it is a complete waste. Not the case here IMO.

I figured that was the case. Would you or perhaps another kind freak care to post a link.

I think he's being sarcastically transcendental, not literal. Post away.

Well if enough freaks who saw this movie feel like chatting it up I could always make it a spoiler thread I suppose.

What possible spoilers could there be in a movie about angrier, oiled-up Greek Brits?

What possible spoilers could there be in a movie about angrier, oiled-up Greek Brits?

To be honest with you I agree, but I have been called out for spoilers for just simply saying I didn't like a movies end. I really really loved the original 300, and honestly I was really surprised by this movie. I really can't seem to decide if I loved or hated it though. 300 was one of few movies I could easily say was a 10 and I wouldn't have changed a thing about it. 300 rise of an empire however, 8 at best and I would like to change many things. With that said, this sequal actually really improves on many things I loved about 300 such as the action, the fighting, and especially the gore. The story was actually really interesting and expanded genourously on the original. I just think its very important that you not poke holes in it... Like at all.

loved the first one. But haven't seen anything that makes me want to see the new one.
I'd watch a Freeview.

I thought it was much better than anything I saw in the previews. Amazing action but I kind of feel like it took a dump on the original like a lot. As far as entertainment factor goes I still think it's worth seeing in theaters and in 3D. I still can't believe this movie received a 100 million dollar budget.

Predator no offense but I'm so confused by your reviews of it. Did you like it or hate it? I know you said it's entertaining but you seem wildly conflicted lol.

Predator no offense but I'm so confused by your reviews of it. Did you like it or hate it? I know you said it's entertaining but you seem wildly conflicted lol.

Haha, yeah you pretty much nailed it. Its weird because I really have never been this conflicted about my thoughts on a movie before. I think it's because I loved the original so much. I definitely liked it, and the first hour of the movie I would even say I loved it.

Eva Green :drool

Not as good as 300, but that was a hard act to follow. This one is still good and worth seeing. Does drag a little in spots. Does weave in well with 300.

Yeah that sex scene was pretty awesome. Eva Greens character in general was amazingly done. Its to bad they didn't cast stronger male leads though, of course Micheal Fassbender and Gerard Butler are pretty hard acts to follow.

I thought Stapleton did a good job. I've liked him from Strike Back.

Even Buter and Fass where nobodies when 300 came out.

Yeah that sex scene was pretty awesome. Eva Greens character in general was amazingly done. Its to bad they didn't cast stronger male leads though, of course Micheal Fassbender and Gerard Butler are pretty hard acts to follow.

I felt that Eva Greens stole the whole movie and was the only interesting character. That sex scene though....was fantastic! The fully pack audience I was acting all excited and laughing out loud as the roughhousing pounding was going off! :lol

Back