3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess some people over at the Rebelscum forums have gotten their shipping notices for the barge.

Thanks.:duff

For international buyers, seems like an Ackbar gif might be more appropriate: "It's a Money Trap!"

You are sadly spot on.

The ultimate kick in the privates from Hasbro.

Making the other bits available is gutting too.
I could import all the rest with minimal fuss.

But that Barge needed to be available in each country without the need for for the individual to carry the burden of shipping and import fees.

You are sadly spot on.

The ultimate kick in the privates from Hasbro.

Making the other bits available is gutting too.
I could import all the rest with minimal fuss.

But that Barge needed to be available in each country without the need for for the individual to carry the burden of shipping and import fees.

Yup. Seems like Hasbro's buying into the whole 'America First' thing - Make American Collections Great Again.

I am so out of the loop, they are going to offer more barges, but only on Ebay? They have Pulse, why wouldn't they utilize this?

Pulse is US only. Hasbro apparently made a deal with Ebay to distribute the 1000 or so remaining Barges they promised to overseas collectors.

Yeah, what makes the barge so cool - its sheer size - is also the thing that's the curse. In the design process, they weren't able to figure a way to separate the hull into two (or even four) for boxing/shipping, so it's one massively long box that makes international shipping a $$$ nightmare.

In some ways the inclusion of those extra rooms - the kitchen, armory and cockpit - were likely the reason they couldn't do the separation. Without those rooms and associated details added, its more likely the empty hull in those areas could have been designed to separate for easier shipping.

But those rooms do give the piece a "deluxe" feel though; and as a kid I always wished the front "empty" portions of the falcon had hallways (I always wanted to remove the "continued hallways artwork" cardboard so the figures could go deeper into the hull.)

We all know what SW playlets feel like. Im curious when this arrives in hand if it will feel like a toy or will it be a few tiers higher in the realm of quality when compared to playset materials.

Yeah, what makes the barge so cool - its sheer size - is also the thing that's the curse. In the design process, they weren't able to figure a way to separate the hull into two (or even four) for boxing/shipping, so it's one massively long box that makes international shipping a $$$ nightmare.

In some ways the inclusion of those extra rooms - the kitchen, armory and cockpit - were likely the reason they couldn't do the separation. Without those rooms and associated details added, its more likely the empty hull in those areas could have been designed to separate for easier shipping.

But those rooms do give the piece a "deluxe" feel though; and as a kid I always wished the front "empty" portions of the falcon had hallways (I always wanted to remove the "continued hallways artwork" cardboard so the figures could go deeper into the hull.)

Same. And I still feel that way about the BMF - so much space they didn't use...I guess for structural integrity reasons.

Hasbro has broken a lot of hearts with this barge, now they seem to be focused on triggering heart attacks.:lol

Reminds me of the old 1/6 Sideshow days where their site would crash before you'd even get a chance to proceed to check out. Hasbro relying on EBay for that event might be the one and only good move about that whole Barge deal. Curious to see how long it will take to sell those 1000 units. Minutes? hours?

Reminds me of the old 1/6 Sideshow days where their site would crash before you'd even get a chance to proceed to check out. Hasbro relying on EBay for that event might be the one and only good move about that whole Barge deal. Curious to see how long it will take to sell those 1000 units. Minutes? hours?

I reckon a few hours, but who knows. 1000 seems like way too few, but then again, this is for the most hardcore of collectors, and space, plus the $$$ could cut a lot of collectors out of the market. For all we know, Hasbro aren’t being completely honest with us and they made more than 10,000 but want to keep the air of scarcity about the Barge, so they know people will scramble to pic them up as soon as they go up for sale.

I reckon a few hours, but who knows. 1000 seems like way too few, but then again, this is for the most hardcore of collectors, and space, plus the $$$ could cut a lot of collectors out of the market. For all we know, Hasbro aren’t being completely honest with us and they made more than 10,000 but want to keep the air of scarcity about the Barge, so they know people will scramble to pic them up as soon as they go up for sale.

This.

They probably made 50k. Once the R&D is complete and the mould made the cost in production of plastics, paint and box is relatively buttons.

The Barges are not numbered either, so even if 1k are listed they could still drip extra into the market at random points.

This should have been opened to the world to start with considering anyone outside of USA has to ship it themselves and handle import costs.

Imagine paying out a kings ransome and the box arrives damaged (very real possibilty given the size and relative lack of protection to puncturing a card mail box offers).

This.

They probably made 50k. Once the R&D is complete and the mould made the cost in production of plastics, paint and box is relatively buttons.

The Barges are not numbered either, so even if 1k are listed they could still drip extra into the market at random points.

This should have been opened to the world to start with considering anyone outside of USA has to ship it themselves and handle import costs.

Imagine paying out a kings ransome and the box arrives damaged (very real possibilty given the size and relative lack of protection to puncturing a card mail box offers).

Right now, that's the one reason i'm still hesitant to pull the trigger even if i'm lucky enough to be around when it goes up.

A damaged box would be unfortunate but I could live with it. It's not like I've been maintaining a complete collection of mint Vintage style boxes up to this point.

Last edited:
Mine should be here Friday! Very excited since I happen to be getting off work earlier in the day this week.

I want my international preorder

2vbssi.jpg

Back