3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have comparisons of skiff lando and old sandstorm lando or the new leia boushh and the old one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes.

Toy-Fair-New-York-2019-Hasbro-The-Vintage-Collection-012.jpg

Is that an edible candy figure?:dunno

Hey guys, been out of the 3.75 game for a while but with the barge coming, plus the skiffs, I want to track down some of the characters I missed. I have most of the Jabba goons and skiff guards, but what would you guys say would be the best versions of Luke, Han, Chewie, R2 and C-3PO to go with the skiff and barge?

Hey guys, been out of the 3.75 game for a while but with the barge coming, plus the skiffs, I want to track down some of the characters I missed. I have most of the Jabba goons and skiff guards, but what would you guys say would be the best versions of Luke, Han, Chewie, R2 and C-3PO to go with the skiff and barge?

:exactly:

Same situation, same question.

:exactly:

Same situation, same question.

Hey guys! Hopefully this sort of answers your question - There are a lot of versions of these characters, but here are the versions I got/want to get for the barge. Spoiler'd due to pic size.

For Luke, I went with the Walmart Black Series 3.75" Jedi Luke. Looks good, has nice articulation, and comes with a decent, accurately colored, removable soft goods robe.

Pic:
Spoiler Spoiler:

For Han, I got the Black Series 3.75" blue line Han Solo, complete with a nicely detailed carbonite block. The sculpt is a little shrimpy, but he serves his purpose and the carbonite alone makes him worth it. He has some removable shackles too. No blaster though, which I always thought was a bummer.

Pic:
Spoiler Spoiler:

If you're going balls-deep in Jabba stuff, you might want to wait for the upcoming Walmart exclusive TVC Jabba's Palace playset that includes this exact figure, but with a magnet inside the carbonite block and presumably that new photo real tech they've been using lately. It also includes a Ree Yees figure (who was also present on the barge), who retails for roughly $50 on his own - which is how much the new Palace playset will cost. I'd say it's a great deal.

Pic:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now for Chewbacca I'm using the Legacy Falcon co-pilot Chewbacca - since it's the only Chewbacca figure I have. :lol I plan on getting the Legacy Collection Sandstorm Chewbacca to replace him though, since the windswept fur really sells how he looked in the skiff scene.

Pic + additional description:
Spoiler Spoiler:

For C-3po I think you could go two ways.

Either the 30th Anniversary version, simply because it's the cheapest way to obtain TVC Salacious Crumb.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The other way you could go, which I also plan to get, is the Black Series 3.75" blue line C-3po. It's by far the most detailed C-3po, and the most articulated we'll probably ever get at this scale - he even has some removable armor plates to reveal his "naked" look from TPM.

Spoiler Spoiler:

For R2-D2 things get sort of tricky.

If you don't care about his bartending station, I'd just go with the Last Jedi Force Link R2-D2 and weather him up a little if you want. It's a near-perfect R2-D2 sculpt.

He even has his boosters from ROTS, so you could pose him flying off the Barge if you want. :lol

Pic:
Spoiler Spoiler:

If you do want his bartending station, then there's the slightly pricey TVC R2-D2, which has been going for around $40 on ebay carded.

The shot glasses on his bartending station are actually removable if I'm remembering correctly, so you could pose everyone getting plastered on the barge. :lol

Pic:
Spoiler Spoiler:

For Slave Leia, I went with the Legacy Collection Princess Leia.

Pic + lots of additional description:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now unfortunately, the Legacy Collection version is also the most expensive version of the figure - retailing from anywhere between $60 to $90 on ebay nowadays.

A much more affordable alternative would be the Vintage Collection Sandstorm Leia, which can go from $30-$40.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hopefully that helps! If you have questions about any of the figures let me know.

JediBusiness.com also has an itemized list of figures that relate to the Jabba's Palace and Sail Barge scenes, so there may be an alternate version of a figure you prefer. https://jedibusiness.com/star-wars-figures.aspx?type=movieScene&typeName=Jabba

Holy crap that's awesome!:clap:duff Saved for reference and that jedibusiness entry is pretty incredible.

I can't say I'm happy about diving so deep into 3 3/4" after so many years away (this is gonna be $$$,) and I resisted the barge for a while, but it's so damned awesome - and the new skiff is on-par with the best of Hasbro's vehicles.

And yeah, that Jabba playset for me is a must-have. Frankly, I can't believe they made that - and in a vintage box no less. It's worth buying for the Jerba head alone - I'm watching the Toy Fair video and just thinking "that's got to be the first time anyone's ever made a Jerba..." and the Hasbro guy says ""this is the first time anyone's ever made a Jerba...":lol

Hey guys! Hopefully this sort of answers your question - There are a lot of versions of these characters, but here are the versions I got/want to get for the barge. Spoiler'd due to pic size.

For Luke, I went with the Walmart Black Series 3.75" Jedi Luke. Looks good, has nice articulation, and comes with a decent, accurately colored, removable soft goods robe.

Pic:
Spoiler Spoiler:

For Han, I got the Black Series 3.75" blue line Han Solo, complete with a nicely detailed carbonite block. The sculpt is a little shrimpy, but he serves his purpose and the carbonite alone makes him worth it. He has some removable shackles too. No blaster though, which I always thought was a bummer.

Pic:

If you're going balls-deep in Jabba stuff, you might want to wait for the upcoming Walmart exclusive TVC Jabba's Palace playset that includes this exact figure, but with a magnet inside the carbonite block and presumably that new photo real tech they've been using lately. It also includes a Ree Yees figure (who was also present on the barge), who retails for roughly $50 on his own - which is how much the new Palace playset will cost. I'd say it's a great deal.

Pic:

Now for Chewbacca I'm using the Legacy Falcon co-pilot Chewbacca - since it's the only Chewbacca figure I have. :lol I plan on getting the Legacy Collection Sandstorm Chewbacca to replace him though, since the windswept fur really sells how he looked in the skiff scene.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Either the 30th Anniversary version, simply because it's the cheapest way to obtain TVC Salacious Crumb.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The other way you could go, which I also plan to get, is the Black Series 3.75" blue line C-3po. It's by far the most detailed C-3po, and the most articulated we'll probably ever get at this scale - he even has some removable armor plates to reveal his "naked" look from TPM.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If you don't care about his bartending station, I'd just go with the Last Jedi Force Link R2-D2 and weather him up a little if you want. It's a near-perfect R2-D2 sculpt.

He even has his boosters from ROTS, so you could pose him flying off the Barge if you want. :lol

Pic:

If you do want his bartending station, then there's the slightly pricey TVC R2-D2, which has been going for around $40 on ebay carded.

The shot glasses on his bartending station are actually removable if I'm remembering correctly, so you could pose everyone getting plastered on the barge. :lol

Pic:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now unfortunately, the Legacy Collection version is also the most expensive version of the figure - retailing from anywhere between $60 to $90 on ebay nowadays.

A much more affordable alternative would be the Vintage Collection Sandstorm Leia, which can go from $30-$40.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hopefully that helps! If you have questions about any of the figures let me know.

JediBusiness.com also has an itemized list of figures that relate to the Jabba's Palace and Sail Barge scenes, so there may be an alternate version of a figure you prefer. https://jedibusiness.com/star-wars-figures.aspx?type=movieScene&typeName=Jabba

Thanks for that mate, great response and awesome looking choices. I’ll start tracking these guys down now.

Pic:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Pic:

Pic:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pic:

Pic:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

What a freaking awesome and insanely helpful post. Repped!

Thanks guys! I had some trouble when I started collecting figures for the Barge so I’m glad to help.

Must echo everyone else, terrific post from Captain Clown.

While I retain some memory of what figure came out in what era of what packaging much of it is now a muddle to me due to Hasbro basically dicontinuing the 3.75'' line a few years ago and the disconnect that crept in as a result. And now I just find it confusing as **** with all the different scales and formats they've gone into.

Thanks!

Here's my Sail Barge/Jabba-related figure collection so far.

RbOMipB.jpg

1qxeWoq.jpg

I ordered a few more figures today, like Hermi Odle and Ephant Mon, so hopefully soon enough I'll have them all haha. I also went ahead and ordered some TVC Gamorrean Guards from BBTS, and the three pack.

Thanks!

Here's my Sail Barge/Jabba-related figure collection so far.

View attachment 445360

View attachment 445361

I ordered a few more figures today, like Hermi Odle and Ephant Mon, so hopefully soon enough I'll have them all haha. I also went ahead and ordered some TVC Gamorrean Guards from BBTS, and the three pack.

Nice pic, I’d forgotten how many there were. The only ones I don’t have of the goons and guards there are the two Weequay and one of the Nikto (the blue one). They’re ludicrously expensive on eBay so I’m hoping they’ll re-release them as they’re doing with the new 3 pack that was just put up for PO.

Does anyone know why the skiff (which releases August/Fall 2019) is available for PO but the Jabba playset (which ships earlier, spring 2019) doesn't seem to be up for PO anywhere?

The one issue I have with the playset is I wish they would have fixed ReeYees' head - it was clearly too small on the initial release and it doesn't look like they fixed it for thie re-release. I thought I might cut the head off the old POTF2 Ree Yees (which despite poor articulation and being a bit bulky, is a decent sculpt) and use that on the new Ree Yees body.

Does anyone know why the skiff (which releases August/Fall 2019) is available for PO but the Jabba playset (which ships earlier, spring 2019) doesn't seem to be up for PO anywhere?

The one issue I have with the playset is I wish they would have fixed ReeYees' head - it was clearly too small on the initial release and it doesn't look like they fixed it for thie re-release. I thought I might cut the head off the old POTF2 Ree Yees (which despite poor articulation and being a bit bulky, is a decent sculpt) and use that on the new Ree Yees body.
I think I read it was an exclusive to Walmart, so maybe they won’t be selling it anywhere else. Which would suck, as it would mean trying to get that thing on eBay, at least for us international collectors.

Next thing is trying to decide who will go into the display, as all of those Jabba figures wouldn’t all fit in without it looking like a mosh pit. Will have to filter out the cream of the crop to put in the display. What are you guys intending to put in yours?

No idea. There is a placeholder page for it on Walmart’s website though, so I’d just keep an eye on that.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SW-E6-VIN-JABBAS-PALACE/151509537?sourceid=csebrutp15506942529146643520810080301008005&veh=cse&wmlspartner=bizratecom

Back