3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The AT-ST Raider is in the 3.75 scale:

STAR-WARS-THE-VINTAGE-COLLECTION-THE-MADALORIAN-AT-ST-RAIDER-Vehicle-in-pck.png

That's it?
An odd way (big commitment (for me anyway)) to launch, for a new TV series (and Chanel).
If going big, at least launch with the main hero ship, everyone knows is going to be a "star" of the show. Not some secondary vehicle that might get little screen time.
I'm not committing to a (non essential) vehicle that scale at this point.
And none of the main characters at launch? Did I miss something?
For the record I'm not a big collector, (don't collect the 6" scale, the new Mando (and a Dewback) was my first and only purchase in that scale I ever bought) cause this show is kind of pulling me back, but mostly into wanting to pick up 3.75 line again.
I guess I'm just surprised there was none of the main characters out there.
Is the TV series and Chanel getting it's own big launch?
I'd easily have picked up 3.75;
- The Mando
- Cara Dune
- IG-11
- Greef Carga
- Moff Gideon
- & Maybe a new set of Death Troopers to flank him.
I imagine these are in the works?

I Have no idea what a Shadow Trooper is or where they appeared?
I saw Death Troopers and a Flame Trooper in the trailer though, is that even a Mando related figure?

I'm surprised there is no sign of Mandalorian figures shown in this scale yet?
Or am I just completely missing where they were shown?
Same. We never got a Maul from Solo in 3.75 either. Excited for the Shadow trooper though *full Yakface credit*:

View attachment 467796

Not freaking out or anything(in case it reads that way, LOL!), I am just genuinely curious? ;)

With the at st they will definitely make the main characters. It?s weird they aren?t at launch but they have to be coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're clearly just not recommitting very much to 3.75'' and of what they do release the choices seem entirely random - long gone are those great themed waves they used to have. So it doesn't surprise me if they don't have even the main characters done for The Mandalorian.

Think I'll go ahead and order that new Luke X-wing though. I don't have one with the last round of improvements such as the landing gear hatch cover.

I think Yakface or someone else reported that a TVC Cara Dune (from The Mandalorian) is on the way, so that most likely means we'll be getting the Mandalorian himself; sadly, with how spaced out these new TVC waves have been we'll be lucky to have him by next Christmas.

It would be so cool if they bundled him and IG-11 with the Mandalorian's ship, but I know that's not going to happen. :monkey1

Last edited:
Finally saw a TVC Rey in the wild. Damn she looks nice. Would have picked her up if her card wasn't bent. The new X-Wing Luke looks pretty amazing too.

I saw them too. Look great but $17.97 CAN + tax (over $20) is a hard sell for me so I had to pass. I went to TRU and they had Stormtrooper Han for $9.99 now that's the ballpark for me to make that purchase!!

I saw them too. Look great but $17.97 CAN + tax (over $20) is a hard sell for me so I had to pass. I went to TRU and they had Stormtrooper Han for $9.99 now that's the ballpark for me to make that purchase!!

I hear ya mano. Then one of our local store sells them for 19.99 and the owner is puzzled why they aren’t selling.

The new TVC wave with Yavin Leia and the Shadow Trooper is up for preorder at BBTS!

They're clearly just not recommitting very much to 3.75'' and of what they do release the choices seem entirely random - long gone are those great themed waves they used to have. So it doesn't surprise me if they don't have even the main characters done for The Mandalorian.

Think I'll go ahead and order that new Luke X-wing though. I don't have one with the last round of improvements such as the landing gear hatch cover.

Good call. It might very well be the swan song 3.75 X-Wing or even OT vehicle at that scale. Looks awesome too.

How different is that Luke's X-wing vs the Dagobah themed one (with monster and swamp moss attachements) that came out in the mid-2000s? I saw the landing gear covers but is that the only difference? Seems to be the same molds as the 2006 Saga version.

I was always holding out for a "BLXW" (big Luke's X-Wing) like the BMF that's closer in proper scale though that's probably unlikely given how 3 3/4" seems to be fading away. At least for general market release - maybe Hasbro's lab will do it like the barge. Having a set of "proper scale" classic vehicles (ie twice the size of current "big" versions) would probably sell pretty well.

I really miss those themed waves of old. It's hard to motivate myself to order just one figure here and one figure there considering shipping costs.

How different is that Luke's X-wing vs the Dagobah themed one (with monster and swamp moss attachements) that came out in the mid-2000s? I saw the landing gear covers but is that the only difference? Seems to be the same molds as the 2006 Saga version.

I was always holding out for a "BLXW" (big Luke's X-Wing) like the BMF that's closer in proper scale though that's probably unlikely given how 3 3/4" seems to be fading away. At least for general market release - maybe Hasbro's lab will do it like the barge. Having a set of "proper scale" classic vehicles (ie twice the size of current "big" versions) would probably sell pretty well.

It'll be my first with the most 'recent' improvements so I can't tell you. I think there's additional cockpit details aswell.

But if they're releasing this now I'd speculate that an even bigger X-wing for the 3.75'' line is nowhere on the horizon. Most would want a bigger Y-Wing before that anyhow.

The new x-wing is the same mold that from the Trench Run 2 pack (with Darth Vader's tie fighter) that was released in 2011 I think. It's a little bigger than the Dagobah x-wing, which was based on the Power FX X-wing that came out in the late 90s.

The new x-wing is the same mold that from the Trench Run 2 pack (with Darth Vader's tie fighter) that was released in 2011 I think. It's a little bigger than the Dagobah x-wing, which was based on the Power FX X-wing that came out in the late 90s.

Yeah, I was just taking a closer look at both. It almost seems like the wings are the same mold as the older X-wing but the fuselage is differnt because you can see the nose cone has a slightly different sculpt. My guess is the fuselage was redone when they added the landing gear cover etc.

A "true scale" x-wing would be awesome to see, but I can also see that it's super unlikely they'd do it. The older small MF had functionality issues (two figs barely able to squeeze in the cockpit for example) so there were practical/play reasons to do a big one, whereas the X-wing really just has a pilot in a cockpit and all kenner/hasbro x-wings can fulfil that.

Interestingly, most of the Hasbro vehicles are perfectly in scale with the Unleashed line (approx 2.5" tall figs) that came out maybe 8 years ago. The 3 3/4" Scout walker is perfectly in scale with all the Hoth Unleashed stuff and the 3 3/4" X-wing looks perfect with the Unleashed "pilots" set. Nobody ever talks about those unleashed figs or sets but they were awesome - the Hoth stuff to me is every bit as good as the 3 3/4" stuff.

Back