3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TVC and 3.75 as a whole might be done for good. Doesn't sound like sales are doing good.

Via Yakface https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2019/10/02/episode-82-the-vintage-collection-most-wanted/

roklxQk.jpg

If that's true then Hasbro really doesn't get it. Maybe they'd sell well if you could actually ****ing find them in stores. :lol

Wave one is the problem. Any time wave two or three has shown up at any of my local Walmarts they sell out almost instantly, but wave one, which was almost entirely repacks of recent figures, at full price, keeps pegwarming and for good reason.

Hasbro only has themselves to blame. The barge absolutely crushed its goal, that Jabba's Palace set sold out online, the retail exclusives like the Mimban Stormtrooper, Skiff Lando, and even to some extent Stormtrooper Han sold well. People are willing to buy 3.75" product, that should tell them something.

Why don't they do it right. :lol

Mate they'll sell well if you can actually ****ing find them in stores. :lol

Wave one is the problem. Any time wave two or three has shown up at any of my local Walmarts they sell out almost instantly, but wave one, which was almost entirely repacks of recent figures, at full price, keeps pegwarming and for good reason.

Hasbro only has themselves to blame. The barge absolutely crushed its goal, that Jabba's Palace set sold out online, the retail exclusives like the Mimban Stormtrooper, Skiff Lando, and even to some extent Stormtrooper Han sold well. People are willing to buy 3.75" product, that should tell them something FFS.

You cant find black series in stores either. So that's not exactly an excuse. Collecting has been a mostly online game now for a while

I still found the wave with Doctor Aphra and TPM Obi Wan easily at local stores. None of my Targets have ever gotten any TVC waves apart from the first.

If that's true then Hasbro really doesn't get it. Maybe they'd sell well if you can actually ****ing find them in stores. :lol

Hasbro only has themselves to blame. The barge absolutely crushed its goal, that Jabba's Palace set sold out online, the retail exclusives like the Mimban Stormtrooper, Skiff Lando, and even to some extent Stormtrooper Han sold well. People are willing to buy 3.75" product, that should tell them something.

Why don't they do it right. :lol

Yep. This is exactly the problem. I haven’t seen a wave of these in stores in ages. The last wave I saw in stores was the one with Han and Enfys Nest from the Solo movie. I’ve bought a few more from subsequent waves, online and at toy shows. But at the typical secondary market mark up, I buy a lot more conservatively than I would if I could find them at retail. It’s pretty difficult to support a line when it’s just not out in your area.

If true, Ah well.

If I'd been able to get the Sailbarge I might be more upset by this than I am. But when you withhold stuff from willing customers I don't much care anymore.

How many TVC waves have their been since 2015? The only figures I've *ever* seen at retail have been TFA Rey, Jyn Erso, Kylo Ren, FO Stormtrooper, and TLJ Snoke. Just yesterday my local Target still had nothing but a handful of Snokes.

What the hell did Hasbro expect. Make 3-5 waves of figures and then send *none* of them to actual stores past the first? Hmm I wonder why their figures aren't selling, let me think...

How many TVC waves have their been since 2015? The only figures I've *ever* seen at retail have been TFA Rey, Jyn Erso, Kylo Ren, FO Stormtrooper, and TLJ Snoke. Just yesterday my local Target still had nothing but a handful of Snokes.

What the hell did Hasbro expect. Make 3-5 waves of figures and then send *none* of them to actual stores past the first? Hmm I wonder why their figures aren't selling, let me think...

Here’s a partial list that I made a while back (I say partial because I don’t think it’s even up to date, anymore. There are probably even more figures now).

Yak Face
Scarif Stormtrooper
Princess Leia (Boushh)
Han Solo (Carbonite)
ReeYees
Gammorean Guard
41st Elite Corps Clonetrooper
Luke Skywalker (Endor)
Han Solo (Echo Base)
Princess Leia (Echo Base)
Lando (Solo)
Stormtrooper (Rogue One)
Chewbacca
Captain Phasma
Luke Skywalker (Crait)
R2D2
Imperial Assault Tank Commander
Death Star Gunner (Rogue One)

116 Rey (Jakku)
117 Kylo Ren
118 First Order Stormtrooper
119 Jyn Erso
120 Rebel Soldier (Hoth)
121 Supreme Leader Snoke
122 Rey (Island Journey)
123 Stormtrooper (Mimban)
124 Han Solo
125 Enfys Nest
126 Imperial Assault Tank Driver
127 Imperial Death Trooper
128 Range Trooper
129 Doctor Aphra
130 Captain Cassian Andor
131 Luke Skywalker
132 Yakface
133 Scarif Stormtrooper
134 Princess Leia (Boushh)
135 Klaatu (Skiff Guard)
136 Han Solo (Carbonite)
137 Ree Yees
138 Elite Praetorian Guard
139 Lando Calrissian
140 Stormtrooper
141 Chewbacca (ANH)
142 Captain Phasma
143 Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
144 Lando Calrissian (Skiff Gurad)
145 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper
146 Luke Skywalker (Crait)
147 Death Star Gunner
148 Imperial Assault Tank Commander
149 Artoo Detoo (ANH)
150 Darth Revan
151 Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)
152 Vedain (Skiff Pilot)
153 Vizam
154 Brock Starsher
155 Knight of Ren
156 Rey
157 Zorii Bliss
158 Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot)
159 Sith Jet Trooper
160 Poe Dameron

Shadow Trooper
Jawa
Sith Trooper
Princess Leia (Yavin Ceremony)

The new wave and Yavin Luke are in stock at dorkside

Almost forgot about the Revan. Wouldn’t mind if they redid the Kotor figures again. Lost my Niliust few years ago.

So the Skiff 3 pack was “In Stock” online for $17.99. I made the purchase. I noticed that my order had not shipped and was still processing for over a week. I contacted them with no response. Finally I received a email stating my order was cancelled.
They gave me a 10% off online coupon and said thank you for shopping at Toys R us!!

I'm surprised there is no sign of Mandalorian figures shown in this scale yet?
Or am I just completely missing where they were shown?

I saw some of the new toys in Target yesterday and its shocking how good the paint apps are on the goofy new 5 inch animated figures. Of course Hasbro makes *those* look perfect, lol. :slap

Back