3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A better look at the final card art for the upcoming Wave 1 (minus Snoke):

vintage-collection-card-backs-1024x768.jpg

Very much looking forward to RO and TFA/TLJ figures on vintage style cards. Hopefully we get the entire RO team plus Krennic in this line.

The beauty of cardbacks.

Yeah they really do have an iconic and very nostalgic look. Always takes me back to being a kid when I see these classic looking card backs. I used to love going into our local toy stores back in the day and searching through them to try and find a hidden treasure! I remember once finding Greedo, a figure that was seemingly quite a rare find at the time, well in the U.K anyways. Made up so many cool adventures with that dude. Good times!

Yeah they really do have an iconic and very nostalgic look. Always takes me back to being a kid when I see these classic looking card backs. I used to love going into our local toy stores back in the day and searching through them to try and find a hidden treasure! I remember once finding Greedo, a figure that was seemingly quite a rare find at the time, well in the U.K anyways. Made up so many cool adventures with that dude. Good times!

I still remember very clearly where I picked up my two favourite Kenner figures... both at shops around 100 metres from each other off London Road in Liverpool. Boba Fett with the flame illustration image from TJ Hughes and Bespin Luke from a shop just up the road from there that's long, long gone. I still remember how I felt leaving those shops with the blister pack in hand.

I still remember very clearly where I picked up my two favourite Kenner figures... both at shops around 100 metres from each other off London Road in Liverpool. Boba Fett with the flame illustration image from TJ Hughes and Bespin Luke from a shop just up the road from there that's long, long gone. I still remember how I felt leaving those shops with the blister pack in hand.

My first ones were Boba Fett and Darth Vader. Debenhams 1982. I also still remember that amazing feeling buying a figure. All about the card backs.
I will buy the majority of these new TVC figures as I did with the initial run. I want that Hover Tank too!

These cards are beautiful! Just wish I didn't have to look at the Hasbro paint job inside. How much each are these gonna go for?

The beauty of cardbacks.

They sure are! Hopefully Snoke's card is TLJ but I have a feeling that it will be a TFA logo with hologram pic.

I hear you! My two most exciting finds were the AT-AT Driver and Biker Scout. Imperial Troopers were always so scarce since they were often the coolest looking figures in the line!

Usually I received figures as gifts for birthday, Christmas or what have you and it was a rare treat to be able to go to a toy store with money in hand to purchase a new figure.

One thing I just don't get about this line is the outcry for "super-articulated" figures which Hasbro is providing. Since this line is all about celebrating the vintage goodness of the Kenner era it seems like it would only make sense to put their 5 POA figures inside the bubbles. Then they'd match classic carded Kenner figures 100%.

Force Link Millennium Falcon revealed.

star-wars-toys-8.jpg

It looks like the cockpit can only hold one figure. :gah:

My best guess is Hasbro are expecting collectors to buy 4 so they can display each character inside the cockpit. They always come up with great ideas when it comes to improve their Star Wars licence sales.

Does the bald dude split in half?

Figure on the far right, never seen Anakin in that outfit before. What's it from? Why does he have a gun?

I may have completely missed the sarcasm in that post... in which case I'm about to sound stupid... but that's Jyn Erso?

The more I think about it the more I regret making this post...

I’m not buying this crap when the multi-language mumbo-jumbo squeezes its way into the frickin’n pill boxes!

I’m not buying this crap when the multi-language mumbo-jumbo squeezes its way into the frickin’n pill boxes!

Not a fan of that either. I noticed two of the 40th Anniversary Black Series figures were like that too. Death Squad Commander and Sand People. I found it curious that they would release some on cards with both and some with just English.

Back