3 3/4 Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Action Figures [Kickstarter]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is always a big push on the final day. I think once we get over the $165,000 mark, pledges could really start to come in as that "All in" level becomes worthwhile and everything beyond that is basically a freebie. The hard part is getting to that point. Its only $65,000ish to go so its not a huge hurtle, but I know many, like I was originally, are waiting for it to reach that level so the All in isn't a money loss.

Last edited:
They fixed the structure, some, so that certain levels don't get less:

Jun 10 2014
IMPORTANT: Kickstarter Reward Updates
Hi Boss Fight Backers,

When we were getting ready to launch the Kickstarter, we were making changes up until the last minute to give our backers a ton of great offers and discounts while still working towards the goal of funding our first action figure line. We've also listened to your comments and tried to respond where we can with additions and corrections to make our rewards work better for you. But in all of our discounting and revising, we made a mistake, which we're going to correct today.

This problem affects the $245 Wave One and Exclusives Reward, the $525 Complete Army Battle Pack Reward, and the $685 Complete Army Battle Pack with Exclusives. Because of the discounts we offer on the add-ons and the recent addition of the 10-pack army add-ons, it was possible to purchase the items in these reward packages for less money by selecting a lower reward tier and buying the remaining items as add-ons. This was a math error on our part and we apologize. We did not intend to deceive anyone into paying more money for the same product.

(This, by the way, is one of the reasons why we can't just open up add-ons to all of our backers. Imagine this same problem times ten.)

We have been aware of the issue for a few days, but we didn't want to make a statement about it until we had come up with a fix for the problem rewards, which is what we're announcing today.

Wave One Plus Exclusives and Complete Army Battle Pack

The $245 Wave One plus Exclusives reward and the $525 Complete Army Battle Pack reward now each include a FREE Pre-Curse Medusa figure! This additional figure will be included for everyone who as already selected either of these rewards and anyone who selects either of these rewards in the future.

Complete Army Battle Pack Plus Exclusives

Since the gap between the Kickstarter rewards and add-on versions of the Complete Army Battle Back is higher than the other two, the Complete Army Battle Pack plus Exclusives now includes an additional Spartan, Stone Spartan, and Coral Snake Gorgon! That's ELEVEN of each army builder figure in the set! As with the previous rewards, this bonus applies to everyone who has already selected this rewards and anyone who selects it in the future.

Unfortunately, Kickstarter prevents us from making alterations to the rewards as they appear on the right column of the Kickstarter once someone has selected that reward. But the added figures are listed in the descriptions of each reward in the main body text.

We hope that these changes fix the issues with the Kickstarter rewards and again, we apologize for the oversight. If you have any questions or comments regarding any aspect of the Kickstarter, please feel free to leave us a message or comment.

Thanks for your support and keep spreading the word!

The second stretch goal reached! Greek wave 2 Athenian Warrior and new Green Snake Gorgon is now available for those at the Wave 1 pledge level or higher for $25 each!
View attachment 114422
View attachment 114423

I really want that Athenian Warrior. It's too bad they won't allow us to add these stretch goal items to those of us that only get one or two figures.

Yeah, that is too bad they don't let people purchase the stretch goal figures individually like the first 4 figures. They could probably get a bunch more pledge that way.

If you really want one though, PM me as the kickstarter gets closer to wrapping up. I could probably add some of the figures you want in with my pledge since I can add to my order :wink1:

Am I missing something here? where can I get this???? it's not in the kickstarter unlockable characters

1512401_519298941531294_2847054096846607316_n.jpg

Am I missing something here? where can I get this???? it's not in the kickstarter unlockable characters

View attachment 114507

Vitruvian hacks has 3 assortments, each broken up into different waves.

Greek Mythology is the theme that the kickstarter is using, and is assortment 1

Fantasy is Assortment two, The Phoenix knight there is from Assortment two
So is the orc Warrior, and most people think that if the skeleton dosn't get unlocked with the KS, he will go into Assortment two as well.

"space hero" is assortment 3. the robot is from that assortment.

Every time they hit certin milestones, they release some controll art like that on their facebook page.

They will be doing the fantasy and space hero waves later on, for now, it's just the greeks. Also, those will not be on kickstarter, but instead released through their webstore.

I get the feeling this is only gonna make it to around 200k. if they opened up the addons for people who did smaller amounts, they would make more.

Vitruvian hacks has 3 assortments, each broken up into different waves.

Greek Mythology is the theme that the kickstarter is using, and is assortment 1

Fantasy is Assortment two, The Phoenix knight there is from Assortment two
So is the orc Warrior, and most people think that if the skeleton dosn't get unlocked with the KS, he will go into Assortment two as well.

"space hero" is assortment 3. the robot is from that assortment.

Every time they hit certin milestones, they release some controll art like that on their facebook page.

They will be doing the fantasy and space hero waves later on, for now, it's just the greeks. Also, those will not be on kickstarter, but instead released through their webstore.

thanks for the info....the Fantasty assortment may be even cooler than the Greek mythology wave

That's for a future series. The KS is for series one, of which there are several waves. The Robot and Knight are for Series 2 and 3, respectively. Which will be post KS, presumably.

Yeah, that is too bad they don't let people purchase the stretch goal figures individually like the first 4 figures. They could probably get a bunch more pledge that way.

If you really want one though, PM me as the kickstarter gets closer to wrapping up. I could probably add some of the figures you want in with my pledge since I can add to my order :wink1:

That's awesome of you! I'm considering it.

No problem, anything to help a fellow Freak and to help move the kickstarter along. I've fallen in love with this line already. Its all your fault anyway SM! :lol

What's everyone's thoughts on stone versions of the Athenians and other troops? I brought it up on the discussion page of the kickstarter and it seems to be well received. I think having different statues in Medusa's Museum would make for an awesome display. I'm already planning on getting a few extra stone Spartans to have some broken statues in Medusa's collection. Maybe even one in the process of turning into stone. I think having some more variants in this style would make a statue garden that much cooler.

I think it could be a fun variant. I don't know that I'd get ALL the different warriors that way, but a few would be fun for sure.

I hope they consider them. It seems like it would be a quick way to get a few more sales, if not here, then down the line at least. Not knowing how the production processes works, it would at least seem like very little effort to just change the plastics color and paint deco used on an existing figure and mold (I'm guessing that is why they put the stone Spartan in wave one - to get 4 figures made with only using the molds of 3, of which the other two are mostly variants of each other anyway).

Its not for everyone. I know not everyone likes countless variants, but I think its a useful enough variant choice most people would pick up some of them at least. Sometimes cheaply produced figures like this can help fund more new, unique figures with new molds and parts. A stone warrior X every now and then to help fund a minotaur or Cyclops or centaur would be agreeable to most I would think. This line has just really got me excited and I hope its a huge success as I think the Greek mythology theme has a lot of potential and is something that has never really been given a good treatment in action figure form. The fantasy and space figures are nice, but its this Greek line I'm really digging. :rock

These are awesome, I want one of everything but $525 is a ton. If it reached the final stretch goal you'd get a crap load of stuff at that price though.

Last edited:
These are awesome, I want one of everything but $525 is a ton. If it reached the final stretch goal you'd get a crap load of stuff at that price though.

It would only be $500 if you're still in Colorado. But yeah, its still a big price tag all at once, but once they pass the $165,000 stretch goal, everything is a freebie beyond that point. And all projections have shown this getting all of the stretch goals. If that's the case, I think they have plans to add some more if it comes to that, so the All in package could nearly get you a $1,000 in product by the end if this thing keeps moving forward. The thing with kickstarters is you have to realize you might have to pay some crazy amounts now, but in the long run its going to be worth it because you could possibly be helping a new company get off the ground and become a new player in the market. So part of the money should only be seen as buying the figures and another part seen as building up the business. At least that's how I try to justify it to myself :lol

I think we'll probably get the next two figures unlocked this weekend as we're just under $4,000 away from the $120,000 stretch goal. :rock

I give props to the people with the faith early on to go all in before it hits the stretch goals. I can see these being big hits in the custom community for people who want to make their own accessories, cast them, trade with other people, etc. The nekkid figs are awesome and I would be thrilled if the stretch reached far enough to get those.

If this does get popular I can see the kickstarter exclusives being worth some dough down the road. (look at me talking myself back into collecting 3 3/4", geez thats all I need).

If I do go for the All In, then I'm gonna want to get the armies and then it just snow balls! LOL. The funny thing is I don't know if outside the deals on kickstarter if I would continue collecting from this company...if it did reach the final Stretch items. That would be a pretty big collection right off the bat.

I see your point in feeling good about helping a fledgling company. Too bad it doesn't come with some stock, lol.

I'd like to find someone interested in splitting those 10 packs.

I can't go all in...I am picking and choosing (haven't pledged anything yet) along with hoping those Skeletons get unlocked.

:lol No kidding. Stock would be nice. Maybe we'll be on a VIP list or something for them? A first crack at future exclusives or something for their original supporters?

I'm the same way though, very addictive personality. You can go back to the earlier pages of this thread and I was hesitant about backing this until further stretch goals were unlocked, but now I've gone "all in." I think we'll at least get to the $165,00 (but like I said, this has been projected from anywhere between $300,00+ to even $500,000 at one point) and I'm already planning on adding in a couple of extra stone Spartans, a live Spartan or two, and probably the same with the Athenians and any other trooper figure. I don't feel the need to army build the Gorgons though. I guess I feel they would all look like clones without the individual snake patterns. This thing quickly snowballs out of control. But I've always had a fondness for Greek Mythology and this is really the first line that looks like it could do some justice to the theme. I hope this is just the start of a huge line and we end up with all sorts of classic Greek monsters, heroes, and gods. I'm actually surprised Perseus isn't in these initial figures besides the celestial star pattern figure. He is the Medusa slayer after all. :dunno

And if those skeletons are unlocked... :drool

Bm, do you know if you go all in, are the 10 packs available at a reduced price or the same 175?

Back