3 3/4 Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Action Figures [Kickstarter]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/813878470/boss-fight-studios-vitruvian-hacks-action-figures

Boss Fight Studios Kickstarter for a new line of 3 3/4" Action figures with interchangeable parts called Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. featuring Ancient Greek Warriors vs. Gorgons. They're very close to funding the project with $73,711 pledged of their $75,000 goal. This Kickstarter will end on Friday July 11 2014 at 9:52 PM CDT.
Stretch goals are also available.

What is Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S.?

Highly Articulated - We believe that action figures are meant to be played with. If it doesn't move, then it's a statue. That's why Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. figures are designed with poseability as a priority. Our 4" base figure features at least 17 points of articulation, all with an excellent range of motion.
View attachment 113226
View attachment 113227
View attachment 113228
View attachment 113230
View attachment 113245
View attachment 113246
View attachment 113232
The minimum pledge to buy whatever Stretch Goals that become available is $115, which is one set of 4 figures plus a T-shirt and print.

These look really well designed and I love Ancient Greek Mythology, though they are a bit pricy ($30 for a single figure). I'm going to try to pledge enough to at least get the Spartan, but I'd love to get a full set and all the extras from the stretch goals.

Last edited:
yeah... they kinda did stick the paywall a little high. I THINK it's gonna cripple them longterm.

Pledged for medusa for now.

I pledged for the all-inclusive level. I think they'll hit a wall eventually. Right now it's a smallish number of people shelling out a lot. But, if nothing else hopefully this will be enough to get it going well, and we'll still get to future waves eventually.

And... they are officially funded. It's all gravy from here.

EVENTUALLY they will be mass produced. that will take time. Just like the 4 hoursemen ravens. They said they will sell them from their store, AND people Can still pledge money now.

Oh ok. Still not 100% sure on how Kick starter worked. I understand that the money is there to kick start the project, but wasn't sure if only those who pledge end up with the product, or they would be sold online through shops like BBtS.

SOME of the figures will, Some are exclusive to kickstarter. The celestial warriors, and Bronze spartan, for example, only on kickstarter.

and even then, you can pledge money up untill the point where the funding period ends. which is july 11th

Oh ok. Still not 100% sure on how Kick starter worked. I understand that the money is there to kick start the project, but wasn't sure if only those who pledge end up with the product, or they would be sold online through shops like BBtS.

When the project reaches it's funding goal any addition money the project earns goes to unlock stretch goals.
For instance, if the project reaches $90,000 it will make available the Pre Curse Medusa figure which you can add to your order for an extra $25 each, only if you're at the Wave 1 pledge level which is a minimal pledge of $115. If you've pledged less then that already and want to pledge the Wave 1 level, you can always add to your pledge amount until it reaches $115 and change your reward, just do it before the Kickstarter ends on July 11.

Once this ends, they will charge the amount that you pledge soon after. Then you will need to register on Fundafull.com so that they know your address to send you your order. If you're a Wave 1 level or more, you can add whatever add ons and stretch goal items that are available to your pledge either before this kickstarter ends or after on Fundafull. Then you will need to confirm your order on Fundafull and pay the difference from whatever stretch goals and add ons you have added to your order. You'll get a bunch of emails explaining all this once it has ended.

Stretch goals are only available to Wave 1 level pledges of $115 or more, if you only get the two figures you won't be allowed to add stretch goal items to your order when this ends.

There are items that are exclusive to Kickstarter that will not be available later at retail as Lerath mentioned. Some of the stretch goal items may also be available at retail so don't worry if you want any of those and can't afford the $115. Read the full HACKS Vitruvian Kickstarter page to learn what will be exclusive and also look on their website https://bossfightstudio.com/ and their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boss-Fight-Studio/305261242935066 to learn more about their figures and what else they have planed.

One other thing, those that pledge to this Kickstarter will receive their figures first long before they show up at retail.

Last edited:
Sorry Lerath, I didn't notice you had already mentioned this Kickstarter in the Skeleton Warriors thread! These are too cool not to get their own spotlight though.
they also just teased their first fantasy figure ( an orc warrior) on thier facebook page.

View attachment 113313
Yeah looks interesting, but I hope they don't get into other genres too soon because I'd love more Greek themed figures before Orcs. These remind me of the old Clash of the Titans figures I had back in the '80s. Thallo went on many adventures in my backyard before getting lost somewhere in the dirt. :lol
I'm also really looking forward to their Skeleton. I hope these will be more realistic looking and not exaggerated like those Skeleton Warriors figures.
View attachment 113314

They have 3 genres announced so far.
Mythology/Ancient Greece.
fantasy
space heroes
as well as another random crap category.

This is just the beginning. Nice to see hasbro's sculptors setting out on their own.

Even if the skeleton dosnt come right away, he is listed as asst 1, and the Orc is listed as asst 2. This means it's highly likely that the skeleton will be part of the fantasy line, if not the Greek one.

Thanks SM for bringing this to our attention. I never visit Kickstarter on my own, I always have to hear about these things from a board or toy news site. But I do love supporting them, despite the ones I have backed not coming to fruition yet. The wait to reap the rewards is so Loooong! :lol

Due to my addictive personality, I'm going to want the "All in/One of Everything" package, but that doesn't seem like the best value at the moment until more stretch goals are unlocked. If none unlock, you'd be paying $255 more for nothing other than helping further the funding. Marauder's kickstarter had a much better option level that gave you one of every stretch goal unlocked for free if you backed at a certain level. And unless they get to $165,000 and unlock those stretch goals, there won't be any kind of a deal on the $500 level (and that's if you have any use for the bucks, which I don't *yet*), which is some serious cash regardless. So I'll probably be one of those problematic backers that's going to wait it out a bit hoping for that level to happen. I'm sure I'm not the only one so that will only further limit backers :lol I predict once they pass that $165,000 mark, more and more people will back with the All in level as beyond that point anything unlocked is a free extra.

Its really cool to see a lot of new companies breaking ground on this 3 3/4" scale with easily customizable figures. They're really putting Hasbro to shame right now :rock

Back