2019 Oscar Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If professional excellence (as evaluated by people in the business) doesn't count any more, then the Oscars are about like the People's Choice or Empire Magazine awards. Might as well forget the Academy and let everyone vote by the 'net.

One thing I've been saying for years, why even make this a contest anyways, just give awards to the best of the year to as many movies that qualify and do away with that money dump of a broadcast and all the Hollywood self-aggrandizement that goes with it.

That same film with a predominantly white cast would not have been taken in any way seriously by the academy..

Because it would be just like every other blockbuster that's ever been made. :lol I think the fact that it's an all black cast, black director, and a film that has certain black theme as well as taking place in a fictional African country is what makes it such an anomaly and a landmark and kind of groundbreaking.

Why am I defending this film again? :lol

Because it would be just like every other blockbuster that's ever been made. :lol

Hell, Days of Future Past and Logan could have been nominated first if we're talking quality. Don't get me wrong, BP is one of my favorite superhero origin films, but in no way did I think it was Oscar worthy. It's clear that they nominated it for other reason which have nothing to do with the actual quality. It's like some kind of affirmative action for a movie. :chase

We agree then.

We agree then.

mBQpdBW.gif

:monkey3

Screw it just give it the damn Oscar for being a black lead movie with an over 200 million opening that didn’t have an original Avenger in sight I mean holy christ how lol

Screw it just give it the damn Oscar for being a black lead movie with an over 200 million opening that didn’t have an original Avenger in sight I mean holy christ how lol

Well no one knew it didn't have any original Avengers that first weekend. Maybe audiences all went expecting to see what post-Civil War Cap was up to in Wakanda, lol.

One thing I've been saying for years, why even make this a contest anyways, just give awards to the best of the year to as many movies that qualify and do away with that money dump of a broadcast and all the Hollywood self-aggrandizement that goes with it.

Works for me. It's hilarious red carpet-ers wear stupidly expensive clothes, scarf up 50,000$ freebie goodie bags, and then - at times - use the Oscars to make social statements.

Like someone working 2 jobs just to get by gives a ****. This year could be pretty funny to watch tho if everyone shows up wearing dashikis.

kevinfeige.jpg

I'd go with Green Book for best picture! Such a powerful movie, in every sense of the word ( acting, message, atmosphere, soundtrack). BP being nominated for Best Picture is an absolute joke, other comic book movies have been more deserving of that nomination in the past years yet never got in.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I'd go with Green Book for best picture! Such a powerful movie, in every sense of the word ( acting, message, atmosphere, soundtrack). BP being nominated for Best Picture is an absolute joke, other comic book movies have been more deserving of that nomination in the past years yet never got in.

This guy gets it.

I'm surprised Viggo got a nomination for Green Book. Not that he's crap by any means, he isn't. But I feel like all he had to do to deliver that performance was to watch The Sopranos.

BP being nominated for Best Picture is an absolute joke, other comic book movies have been more deserving of that nomination in the past years yet never got in.

It’s a token nom that ticks the boxes for both CBMs and black representation.

Like how ROTK was the least deserving of the trilogy, so its nomination was interpreted as being for LOTR overall rather than the film itself.

It’s a token nom that ticks the boxes for both CBMs and black representation.

Like how ROTK was the least deserving of the trilogy, so its nomination was interpreted as being for LOTR overall rather than the film itself.
Yeah I'm aware, it's still a joke nonetheless.
Even with ROTK being the weakest, it was still deserving, that trilogy is up there.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back