2019 Oscar Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding BP Nolan be like WTF lol

BUT!!!

Nolan knows it’s a fake nomination anyways it’s in name only because it won’t win.

So BP Oscar worthy, hardly.

But as a black lead movie that was a cultural historic milestone that earned more domestically than even IW and is a celebration of the MCU under Feige’s leadership it really is quite special

Since it has no chance of winning i’m actually ok as it being used to celebrate and honor the MCU and Feige under the fake nomination banner because that’s what it is.

Personally I would’ve preferred AEG to have been chosen as the movie to celebrate the MCU and Feige lol

Regarding BP Nolan be like WTF lol

BUT!!!

Nolan knows it’s a fake nomination anyways it’s in name only because it won’t win.

So BP Oscar worthy, hardly.

But as a black lead movie that was a cultural historic milestone that earned more domestically than even IW and is a celebration of the MCU under Feige’s leadership it really is quite special

Since it has no chance of winning i’m actually ok as it being used to celebrate and honor the MCU and Feige under the fake nomination banner because that’s what it is.

Personally I would’ve preferred AEG to have been chosen as the movie to celebrate the MCU and Feige lol

It won't win, but considering that so many more films can be nominated annually nowadays compared to past decades it's not that outlandish to think it's among the top 8 or 9 films of this past year. I may wrong but I think the limit was @5 when TDK was released.

That is correct 5 during the TDK era.

But honestly even if 20 nominations were allowed this year I still wouldn’t have picked BP based on narrative quality.

IW had a more fulfilling narrative so did a dozen other movies in 18.

Grace is the only idiot who picked BP as best movie of 2018 lol

But as a celebration of the MCU sure why not i’m not angry about it that’s for certain I celebrate and honor the MCU every second of my waking life hell I even dream about the MCU lol.

The freaking movie beat IW domestic box office I mean what the hell how can the white folks let IW down like that you folks did IW dirty yo :lol

I think Green Book made 7 million lol

The film will forever be Academy nominated for best picture Black Panther and go down as the first comic book movie to be nominated for best picture. Not 78 Superman, TDK, Spiderman 2, or any of the good Fox-Men movies.

Black Panther is the GOAT now. You guys can keep hating. IT won't change facts. :chase

Even Cap can't compete with the mighty BP...

R8150g7.gif

BP is gonna be the new leading man of the MCU after Tony and Cap kick the bucket.

It’s all good.

The whites have LOTR

The blacks have BP

The browns have Roma

The yello....the Asians have Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One

That is correct 5 during the TDK era.

But honestly even if 20 nominations were allowed this year I still wouldn’t have picked BP based on narrative quality.

IW had a more fulfilling narrative so did a dozen other movies in 18.

Grace is the only idiot who picked BP as best movie of 2018 lol

But as a celebration of the MCU sure why not i’m not angry about it that’s for certain I celebrate and honor the MCU every second of my waking life hell I even dream about the MCU lol.

The freaking movie beat IW domestic box office I mean what the hell how can the white folks let IW down like that you folks did IW dirty yo :lol

I think Green Book made 7 million lol

Well considering BP is the only one of the nominated films that I've actually seen, I can't really comment on its relative quality. But it made several top 10 lists, so that was the basis for my thinking its nomination wasn't outlandish. There were other films (A Quiet Place, Annihilation, Searching and yes, IW) that I think are more deserving than BP, but that's not to say I wouldn't rate them & BP above some of the other nominees as well.

After all the praise that was heaped on BP (some deserved, some not), it wouldn't surprise me if the Academy simply wanted to avoid any potential controversy.

If a Marvel movie was going to get a best picture nomination it should have been Infinity War not Black Panther.

Holy crap. :lol :lol :lol

As much as I hate the Oscars I will always respect their recognition of the LOTR.

BP is not even good enough to be doody on the bottom of LOTR shoes.

But since I still hate the Oscars I hope BP wins just to create havok with those snobby idiots I want Feige to fart and belch next to them lol

If a Marvel movie was going to get a best picture nomination it should have been Infinity War not Black Panther.

I’m white and I do the Wakanda forever hand slap chest cross greeting with my son out in public in Harlem

:chase

It’s the John Mclane in me I guess lol

Yeah IW > BP

IW Forever!!!

I really don't get the negativity. I'm glad to see Black Panther get a best picture nomination. Does it deserve it? Who knows. The nomination is a breakthrough for the genre. I liked Infinity War better as a movie and have rewatched it more times. However, IW was building on previous films in the series, whereas Black Panther was completely new world building. I'm tired of Oscar bait movies dropping in December that no one sees. Half the time when I finally catch them they end up being snooze fests or are quickly forgotten. Personally, I liked the idea of "Best Popular Film" Oscar category, which would have been much more fitting for BP. The Academy knew people weren't watching because they didn't have anything or anyone to root for, so that would have opened things up. Sure there would have been some blowback right up until the awards, but at the end of the day an Oscar is an Oscar. Next year there would have been a slew of movies campaigning for the Popular Film Oscar. I also think the category would help to make big budget films better because they can compete for something other than the technical awards like visual effects.

My picks
Best Picture: I don't really care. I haven't seen most of them. "A Star is Born" is the third friggin' remake of essentially the same story so I don't even know why it's nominated.
Best Actor: Rami Malek (I've been a Freddie Mercury/Queen fan since high school and Rami was fantastic). However, when I saw the first trailer for Vice I thought they should just wrap up the Oscar and hand it to Bale.
Best Actress: Lady Gaga. She was very good in the role. I haven't seen the other performances, which I'm sure are very good as well.
Best Animated Picture: Spiderman (haven't seen that one either but will catch it on video release, plus they pioneered a whole new animation style)
Best Director: Spike Lee. I haven't seen the movie but Lee has been overlooked far too many times.

Back