2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are lies and embellishments on both sides. It's not that the police down there have good reps.

Damn it.. USA blew the women's indoor volleyball gold opportunity again. Kerry got beach bronze. Phil got eliminated. Felix got silver. Women's soccer got eliminated early.

Only thing that USA dominated in gold so far is Women's gymnastics and swimming. Hopefully the women's water polo gets a gold.

Difficult Olympics, although I thought it was rude for the Brazilian fans to root for Serbia in the indoor women's volleyball semi final match considering Brazil won't be in the gold or bronze medal match.

It's interesting though how the USA has been getting odd gold medals like women's wrestling
Oh no poor America lol. Seriously you win more gold medals than any other country all the time (bar Beijing and look how far China have dropped since). You can't honestly be disappointed in the results at Rio.

Lochte is an idiot..got caught, let his friends down. Looked bad too Brazilians and his buddies had to pay a $10,000 fine above us for something they did wrong.

Let that be a lesson to up incoming athletes in the USA when you visit another country..respect them :lecture

Oh I completely agree with that. **** move for sure. Funny enough, the police kind of support his story while debunking it at the same time.

CNN
The investigation showed security guards stopped the athletes from leaving the station until police could be called about the vandalism; and one did pull a gun on Lochte after he became angrily confrontational, Veloso said.
But Veloso insisted there was no evidence the guard's actions were unreasonable, and he only used the gun to control Lochte, whom the police chief described as drunk.

Yeah, I think it boils down to a matter of perception as well as the language barrier/things being lost in translation. But Lochte pulled, as you said, a **** move, and left his younger, less decorated teammates in a BAD situation. They either had to lie to cover up for him, or come clean.

I think there are lies and embellishments on both sides. It's not that the police down there have good reps.

This is true. But anyone that was born or has even visited a developing country knows that greasing the palms of locals is par for the course. Is it right? No. But the amount Lochte lost was negligible compared to his potential upcoming losses in endorsements as well as public opinion.

Lochte is an idiot..got caught, let his friends down. Looked bad too Brazilians and his buddies had to pay a $10,000 fine above us for something they did wrong.

Let that be a lesson to up incoming athletes in the USA when you visit another country..respect them :lecture

^This. America wants to be the example for all countries to follow. As such, as Americans, we have a responsibility to conduct ourselves in a manner befitting our stature in the world. I'm sure Lochte didn't intend for this to get out of hand. He told his mom, his mom mentioned it to a reporter, he was asked about it, and the he told a story of half-truths. I'm sure there was no way he knew there was video surveillance. But the fact of the matter is that he caused a problem out of something that didn't necessarily have to become news.

Sounds like there was a robbery after the fact. Give us $10,000 or you'll have to stay in our corrupt sewer water zika infested poverty stricken ****hole. Pay up!

Yeah, that $10,000 "donation" is a farce. But as I said, like it or not, it's par for the course in developing country.

The thing is Lochte can probably easily afford that $10K. That younger swimmer (Feigen?) most likely doesn't have the endorsements/sponsorships Lochte does, and that $10K hurts.

EDIT: Just saw that Lochte issued an apology/non-apology on Twitter. From the Washington Post:

"According to USA Today’s Christine Brennan, an apology was the only way for Lochte to avoid a lifetime ban by USA Swimming, the sport’s governing body in this country. Lochte, a 12-time Olympic medalist who has competed in four Olympic Games, had said before last weekend’s events that “I’m not done with this sport” and that he would again swim competitively for the United States, a tall order at age 32.

In his apology, Lochte did not go so far as to admit he made up the robbery tale. He instead used carefully parsed words to admit a lapse in judgment."

Gotta love how this tabloid news garbage is dominating national news while the worst natural disaster in this country since Sandy has wrecked lives across Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. I guess the fact that news is 95% infotainment isn't really news at all though.

I'm happy for the athletes that got their silver and bronze medals but that's over 60 times we came up short.

That's a young looking German field hockey team, I'm seeing at the medal ceremony. Netherlands looks pissed :lol but they look good wearing shorts at the podium

So did the USA steal the British Anthem or vice Versa :dunno

" God save the Queen " sounds like " My Country "

Last edited:
Gotta love how this tabloid news garbage is dominating national news while the worst natural disaster in this country since Sandy has wrecked lives across Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. I guess the fact that news is 95% infotainment isn't really news at all though.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more coverage on what's going on in Louisiana since people in this country love to add filters to their FB pics. Unfortunately, the news programs cover whatever caters to the lowest common denominator in this country. Get ready to see "Free Lochte" posts all over social media.

Back