2015 Academy Award Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll like Boyhood I think. Probably not the kid, but Hawke and Arquette. There's a bunch of cool pop culture references in it from the past decade, one that you're going to love . . .

On a side note, Keaton isn't winning best actor at the Oscars next month. Redmayne will win it unless Bradley Cooper slides in from this hype or Harvey Weinstein manipulates the game for Cumberbatch with Imitation Game. Keaton doesn't have a chance, dude is done.

I bet Birdman goes 0-9 with it's wins/noms and gets nothing too.

Boyhood was amazing. Absolutely my choice for Best Picture this year, though I'll be fine with any wins that Birdman picks up in its place.

Caught Whiplash tonight and throughly enjoyed it. Had absolutely no idea what it was going to be about, but just knew JK Simmons was in it. Seen half of the Best Picture nominations now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw Birdman last night and even though I think Michael Keaton did produce a great performance, I didn't find the film all that entertaining. I feel Edward Norton's character, which used so much for 3/4 of the film, was just ignored for the last part and it seemed strange.

I enjoyed Whiplash and The Imitation Game more than Birdman.

Cooper was good. I haven't seen Whiplash but I can't imagine anyone being more deserving of acting Oscars than the frontrunners from Birdman and Boyhood. 10-20 minute takes and/or keeping a consistent character over 12 years >>>>>>> everything else.

American Sniper is the worst of all the nominations, apart from Selma and The Theory of Everything, which I haven't seen. There's nothing outstanding about Cooper's performance. Oh he played a real life person, better nominate him then lol

The Theory of Everything was quite a good film. Redmayne is the standout performance from the nominations I have seen (Cooper, Cumberbatch, Keaton). If he wins the Oscar, it will be a deserving win. As for the film, I don't think it will be Best Picture. It is good, though not as enjoyable to watch as other nominations.

I also feel the film was a bit on the PC where a lot of the truth was left out making the characters seem more likeable than perhaps they are in reality.

I like Cumberbatch a lot, but he really doesn't deserve a nomination, there were much better performances from other people this year.

The Theory of Everything was quite a good film. Redmayne is the standout performance from the nominations I have seen (Cooper, Cumberbatch, Keaton). If he wins the Oscar, it will be a deserving win. As for the film, I don't think it will be Best Picture. It is good, though not as enjoyable to watch as other nominations.

I also feel the film was a bit on the PC where a lot of the truth was left out making the characters seem more likeable than perhaps they are in reality.

This reminds me of A Beautiful Mind. :lol

Anyone watching this tonight? I'm gonna pass. I just hope they don't give too much attention to the protesters.

Back