2015 Academy Award Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael Keaton is the coolest guy in Hollywood. Sucks he didn't win, but overall I'm happy with the recognition Birdman got and I'm very pleased with JK Simmons winning for supporting actor.

A director does much more than simply guiding the performances of his/her cast.

I wanted Boyhood to take top prize but Birdman was #2 so it was nice to see that one walk away with so much recognition.

Woah, I thought tonight was Boyhood and Linklater's night. Pretty surprising there. Crazy that Birdman won all those categories and Best Picture.

Sure, it sucks for Keaton but he was chill about it and still got to go up on stage. He was never going to beat a baity role like Stephen Hawking with ALS. Keaton still had a great run.

It's getting a little eye-rolling every time Hollywood mentions "comic book movies and movies based on best sellers" in a derogatory fashion when award season rolls around. And with the visual effects awards going to three "artsy" films in a row (Life of Pi/Gravity/Interstellar) I think it's safe to say that both Age of Ultron and The Force Awakens are pretty much guaranteed to walk away empty handed next year.

whats the point of giving a movie best director and best movie awards?
doesnt that pretty much award the same thing?

Back