2015 Academy Award Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of the actors won...yet they gave him the best director award :lol It's the director's job to get the best performances out of the actors. :dunno

Like I said before, the editing and cinematography were the best part of that movie. The acting was good but nobody in that film was Oscar worthy in my opinion. Then again I didn't think any of this years best male lead nominees were great. I didn't see Theory of Everything yet so I can't speak on Redmayne's performance but based on that clip he seemed to be doing a great job.

I thought Jake Gyllenhaal and Miles Teller gave better performances than most of this years nominees.

Last edited:
Like I said before, the editing and cinematography were the best part of that movie. The acting was good but nobody in that film was Oscar worthy in my opinion. Then again I didn't think any of this years best male lead nominees were great. I didn't see Theory of Everything yet so I can speak on Redmayne's performance but based on that clip he seemed to be doing a great job.

I thought Jake Gyllenhaal and Miles Teller gave better performances than most this years nominees.

Oh yeah,Jake Gyllenhal should have been nominated, and the film too.

It's getting a little eye-rolling every time Hollywood mentions "comic book movies and movies based on best sellers" in a derogatory fashion when award season rolls around. And with the visual effects awards going to three "artsy" films in a row (Life of Pi/Gravity/Interstellar) I think it's safe to say that both Age of Ultron and The Force Awakens are pretty much guaranteed to walk away empty handed next year.

I think Interstellar won deservingly

I wonder if Marvel could Afford to get J.K. As J Jonah now. He's got an Oscar in his belt

These things are always kind of a joke, but it's nice that Birdman got some recognition. I guess Keaton will have to wait until Beetlejuice 2 to get his nod.

These things are always kind of a joke, but it's nice that Birdman got some recognition. I guess Keaton will have to wait until Beetlejuice 2 to get his nod.

Ha! There is not Beetlejuice 2. Tomorrow Keaton goes back to being....Keaton from 1999. The only way there was going to be a BJ2 was if he won an Oscar tonight. :monkey2

Yes. Reboot Beetlejuice and recast by having Eddie Redmayne play him.

Redmayne will then go on to win a second Oscar for playing Beetlejuice. :lol Meanwhile, Keaton will be working with Mickey Rourke or having supporting roles like Thomas Hayden Church, but only after he makes the obligatory summer/popcorn movie that comes as a result of his Oscar nomination. I believe his next film is Kong: Skull Island, so that's his reward film for making a comeback, and after that film comes out, he goes back to the shadows like Batman....or Adrian Brody (who ironically was in a king kong film after winning an Oscar) :lol

JK Simmons, who won best supporting, is actually in the new Kong film with Keaton. You bring up a good point. :lol

Keaton has three other films too I believe. One with Ruffalo where they're reporters, then another film that's a biopic where he might portray Ray Kroc.

It's getting a little eye-rolling every time Hollywood mentions "comic book movies and movies based on best sellers" in a derogatory fashion when award season rolls around. And with the visual effects awards going to three "artsy" films in a row (Life of Pi/Gravity/Interstellar) I think it's safe to say that both Age of Ultron and The Force Awakens are pretty much guaranteed to walk away empty handed next year.

That's why nobody watches these things anymore. The people that vote snub some really good stuff for other movies you either haven't heard of, or are in so few theaters that you can't see it

You mean Eddie Murphy?

Directors have made great films without great acting.
Not trying to put you on the spot, but do you have some examples. I'm having a hard time thinking of "great" films that didn't have at least very good acting, since actors are such key elements in (at least traditional, and not avant-garde) film. Also, you've got to place some of the blame on the acting on the director, don't you?

Back