2009 Battle of the Godfathers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Godfather is going to grace your collectible shelf?

• Total voters
Everyone seems focused on the quality of the figure and it's relationship to the price, forgetting entirely that it also has to do with the quantity produced. More produced, lower costs. The real trick, and the one that plagues every company is how do you manage to up the quantity produced and STILL keep the quality. Because HT's run sizes are increasing, you're seeing prices drop as they should. The big question is going to be - will the quality still be there? We'll see, and I certainly hope so. If they can pull that off, they can tackle larger licenses and do some amazing figures.

You have an excellent point there. Also sometimes the only way to be
sure is to see the actual pics rather than going off the proto because they
may not be as good as the production figs, Sideshow collectors would know
this better than some.

Everyone seems focused on the quality of the figure and it's relationship to the price, forgetting entirely that it also has to do with the quantity produced. More produced, lower costs. The real trick, and the one that plagues every company is how do you manage to up the quantity produced and STILL keep the quality. Because HT's run sizes are increasing, you're seeing prices drop as they should. The big question is going to be - will the quality still be there? We'll see, and I certainly hope so. If they can pull that off, they can tackle larger licenses and do some amazing figures.

Good point - I think HT is experiencing a bit of this with TDK. DCD distributing has increased demand exponentially and they're having trouble meeting deadlines.

:lol :lol :lol

That pretty much sums it up.

Yeah, I think I could hang with Tiger Woods as long as I dont directly compete :rolleyes:

Oh yeah! I once defeated Muhammad Ali when he was heavyweight champion of the world. We weren't competing against each other at the time, but still!

I say both till we see how these things come out of the factory.
It's one thing to show a cool proto but quite another to put a product of that quality in peoples hands.

I think both look exceptional, though HT cat doesn't look the greatest. It'll be hard to decide until both are released.

<object width="400" height="370"><param name="movie" value="https://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/bt.swf?code=c4477bca5ec415eac17c2482f31d3324"></param><embed src="https://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/bt.swf?code=c4477bca5ec415eac17c2482f31d3324" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="370" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed><noembed> <a href="https://www.grapheine.com">Grapheine : Agence de communication agence de publicité graphiste illustrateur webdesigner Paris Lyon </a><noembed> </object>

well the poll agrees with me since its HT in a landslide

Yes literally a landslide! The EB one is damn nice but it doesn't look like Brando the same way HT's version does. I see people praising things like the cat and his hands but are those 2 things really worth $200+?

Its funny really isnt it, peoples perception of likeness. I know i stand almost alone but i prefer the EB for likeness and quality. I prefer the fuller face EB have done, the flesh tones make it look alot more realistic for me

Yeah, that's why I think this is so cool. Both are great figures so the reasons why people prefer one over the other are going to be interesting.

Its funny really isnt it, peoples perception of likeness. I know i stand almost alone but i prefer the EB for likeness and quality. I prefer the fuller face EB have done, the flesh tones make it look alot more realistic for me

It all comes down to preference and opinion friend. :) I use to say if Enterbay could pick up as many licenses as Hot Toys they would be the ultimate 1/6 figure maker. I think Enterbay IS the reason Hot Toys has stepped up there quality.

There is nothing bad to say about Enterbay, nothing at all, everything they make is amazing but with this one piece in particular I just found the Hot Toys sculpt more likeness accurate to the actor.

:peace

It all comes down to preference and opinion friend. :) I use to say if Enterbay could pick up as many licenses as Hot Toys they would be the ultimate 1/6 figure maker. I think Enterbay IS the reason Hot Toys has stepped up there quality.

There is nothing bad to say about Enterbay, nothing at all, everything they make is amazing but with this one piece in particular I just found the Hot Toys sculpt more likeness accurate to the actor.

:peace

Thats cool like you say all comes down to preference and opinion. The good thing about this is the added competition HT have now. This is going to mean better quality figures for us all

Back