2009 Battle of the Godfathers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Godfather is going to grace your collectible shelf?

• Total voters

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this would be very interesting considering both Enterbay and Hot Toys are stellar producers of the 1:6 scale figures.

Neither prototype blows the other out of the water but there are subtle differences that each collector will notice and prefer or dislike.

Based on the proto which is your choice and why?

0472125059_Marlon_Brando3.jpg

9TheGodfather_DonVito.jpg

I'm choosing HT for now. I like the sculpt and clothing better. The price is also lower than EB's but wouldn't really be a factor unless it was a huge difference.

Hot Toys for me, both the sculpt and clothing looks better. The EB version is very nice but not accurate in terms of facial likeness. The eyes and jaw are off. HT's nailed the headsculpt, in Hot Toys' pictures there is too much light bringing out the toy look in the sculpt.

I would have loved to have purchased my first EB figure but maybe next time.

HT. I like EB's too. But something seems off about the sculpt and the paint isn't as nice.

is the photo between the two figures a figure or a real picture ?... :lol
Seriously , I can't tell. These things are getting too real.

Anyway I prefer the hot toys one so far I think it looks better overall.
Theres something about enterbays cat I don't like too. Not to say the hot toys one is perfect but enterbays looks like it been in an over for half an hour.

If I were a serious Godfather afficionado I'd consider getting both. I think they both look uncanny. I'm just not really into Godfather. I dunno, I'm the wrong generation to appreciate it.

"Your my brothers, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again, ever."

GD_Accessories.jpg

17TheGodfather_DonVito.jpg

EB's accessories are comparable to HT's. Looks like the glass HT has is the only thing missing and HT has more hands...and the EX hat if you want to count that.

There is also something about HT's chair that is more realistic. The pen with the EB is still a pretty cool item.

Back