2009 Battle of the Godfathers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Godfather is going to grace your collectible shelf?

• Total voters
I've said before, but I'll say again, I think this is too close a call, and in the hands of their in house photographers it's right that they should both look amazing... BUT, ah isn't there always one of those!, but, the proof will be 100% in the production piece, so till then I'm keeping schtum.

I imagine a lot of that is due to people being more familiar with HT than Enterbay. I could be wrong, but even I admit to being somewhat biased.

I imagine a lot of that is due to people being more familiar with HT than Enterbay. I could be wrong, but even I admit to being somewhat biased.

GB,
I think the pics speak for themselves. A lot of people agree that the proto paint apps on the EB look better than HT, but the HT sculpt is more on the mark. Now if its only a proto, theres also the chance that HT might tweak the sculpt a tad. Either way, Im getting the HT and if the Eb winds up looking ok, I might get that as well.

GB,
I think the pics speak for themselves. A lot of people agree that the proto paint apps on the EB look better than HT, but the HT sculpt is more on the mark. Now if its only a proto, theres also the chance that HT might tweak the sculpt a tad. Either way, Im getting the HT and if the Eb winds up looking ok, I might get that as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :lecture

I'm curious but why would people get both figures? Questions for those of you that are getting both:

-Are you planning to display both? If so, why? They are almost identical for all practical purposes.

-Are you planning on taking the best from both and creating a uber-Vito?

-Flipping?

Just curious.

S,
I saw pics of their new Bruce and it looks amazing. But for the price? Im not sold. In one of the reviews there are close up pics of the head and while the face looks on the mark, the removable hair makes it look like a wig. It just looked odd to me.

I'm curious but why would people get both figures? Questions for those of you that are getting both:

-Are you planning to display both? If so, why? They are almost identical for all practical purposes.

-Are you planning on taking the best from both and creating a uber-Vito?

-Flipping?

Just curious.

I'm not sure if I'll get both, but for many 1/6 collectors when a character or characters are done by numerous companies it is one of the coolest elements about this hobby.
It's the difference in house style, in the nuances of interpretation that makes it so very interesting.
Like the Takara, Hot Toys, Medicom, Mattel and DC Direct Batman figures, some are better than othres, but they are all relevant and interesting.
It depends on 'why' you collect.

Yulli's Sculpt is Better. EB is a bit off, esp in the eyes. Good sculpt but off.

HT Sculpt is a Hall of Famer.

At this point, we're only seeing the prototype, so , yes it could get better. However, there are strengths and weaknesses about both and I'm surprised that more people aren't on the fence about this.

I think that this fig will bring out the best in both companies.:D

At this point, we're only seeing the prototype, so , yes it could get better. However, there are strengths and weaknesses about both and I'm surprised that more people aren't on the fence about this.

I think that this fig will bring out the best in both companies.:D

Correct, Its a PROTOTYPE.

Meaning of Prototype - will capture the intended design aesthetic and simulate the appearance, color and surface textures of the intended product but will not actually embody the function(s) of the final product. These models will be suitable for use in market research, executive reviews and approval, packaging mock-ups, and photo shoots for sales literature

Like I said, Just wait and see!!

I know Enterbay will win this war, No horse head on Enterbay's bed!!!

I am right behind you on that one Breaker!!! At the end of the day Y J Park i believe has now established himself as the greatest sculptor out there along with of course Ji Hun Park.

Back