13" DC Direct Wonder Woman finally revealed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking the head sculpt a lot more, but that's about it.
I can't believe they took this long to make this figure, and screwed up so badly on the breast plate and girdle.
I've never seen either of them drawn as cloth in the modern age.
All the major WW artists, from Perez, to Bolland, to Hughes, to Jimenez, to J. G. Jones, to Alex Ross (who was supposed to be art directing these figures) has drawn the breast plate and girdle as if it's made of metal.
Royal screw up DC Direct. :mad:

Still not 100% sold but I like the facial sculpt more....

img0191kj2.jpg

img0192mj5.jpg

img0195lj9.jpg

Last edited:
Sculpt looks good, but they need to ditch the body... just looks funky. Her boobs are particularly ridiculous from the profile :lol

Sculpt looks good, but they need to ditch the body... just looks funky. Her boobs are particularly ridiculous from the profile :lol

I'll second that :lecture

Face does look much better, but the body is putting me off. Wrists are way too small, but her bracelets may set that off. The top really looks to be a poor fit, though.

She's growing on me, the body looks no worse than any other 1/6 female. Although the hands are still too small.

They're showing Zatanna at Toyfair now too.

:horror There's gonna be a DC Direct 13" Zatanna?!? Can someone please post a pic or link... sorry I'm at work atm...

Nevermind, found it: Click meh

My gf is a Zatanna and Wonder Woman fan so it looks like my DC Direct Deluxe collection may have the laydee quotient upped this year!

Last edited:
I think she may look better without the panty hose. What's the point of those; to hide the knee joints? She's a glorified action figure and all action figure should have knee joints!

And the tiara isn't complete, it stops short...weird.

BB

Last edited:
I think she may look better without the panty hose. What's the point of those; to hide the knee joints? She's a glorified action figure and all action figure should have knee joints!

BB

Yeah, plus her arms joints show anyway. Why the concern for the legs?

Looks like the suit is made of a different material now and the top fits and looks much better but what happened to the face?

Not to mention, the ugly leg joints still aren't hidden well by the stockings.

NEW:
sdcc2009_dcd_figures_97.jpg

OLD:
img0191kj2.jpg

Wow the face on the new is horrible, I definitely preferred the old.

Looks like the suit is made of a different material now and the top fits and looks much better but what happened to the face?

Not to mention, the ugly leg joints still aren't hidden well by the stockings.

NEW:
sdcc2009_dcd_figures_97.jpg

OLD:
img0191kj2.jpg

It looks like they have molded the heads in same plastic colour as the body as opposed to painting them like they did on past releases.

Her face reminds me of Maura Tierney

That's exactly who I thought too, either Maura Tierney or some very generic commuter train office girl. Is this how Wonder Woman should look like? WW in my mind has a face of ethereal beauty and feminine strength, a goddess. Black Canary, though not those things exactly, beats WW in the beauty dept.

And at 13" tall, why does the costume have an 8" Mego quality about it? I'll still get this figure, but it will require some heavy-duty customization and some of the parts, particularly the costume, will at least be put into good use.

to be perfectly honest,
i wasn't thrilled when i saw the first shots,
and i'm rather baffled even more now!!!!!

but you know what????

i just don't care anymore!!!!!

they could dress Lex Luthor in DRAG as Wonder Woman
and i'd STILL buy it!!!!!!

it's been TOO built up for TOO long!!!!!!!

just release it already!!!!!!

i need the Wonder Woman to complete my J.L.A.!!!!!
:duh
and YES we actually spend our hard earned money on this!!!
what else would we do with it???

Back