13" DC Direct Wonder Woman finally revealed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We waited years for this????
I think her face sculpt is the worst one yet.
Wonder who sculpted it?

I like the head sculpt, but I'd kind of like to see more emotion. I guess it's standard to not have any expression on the 13".

Is she supposed to be wearing pantyhose or is that their cheap way of having a seamless body?

My money's on "cheap way of having a seamless body" :) I can't recall any incarnation of Wonder Woman that wore pantyhose, 'cept the live action Linda Carter version.

The more images I see the less I like it.

The skinny upper body is a real bad point. WW has more muscle that that.

The flesh tights don't look too bad.

I like the boots.

The bodice/bustier/whatever looks bad.

From what I've seen so far, it's the worst female figure in the line. Given the character, it should be the best.

Do we know if this is the final product or the prototype? Maybe it's still being sorted out? I was really looking forward to this figure.

Well since DC stated that the figure was going to be revealed in 2008 and for sale in 2009 because they wanted to "get it right", I would assume this is final product since it didn't even get revealed until 2009.

They did change the original Shazam head sculpt based on the negative criticism so I guess anything could still happen with this.

Do we know if this is the final product or the prototype? Maybe it's still being sorted out? I was really looking forward to this figure.

Frequently for DC the released figure is improved from the prototypes. I do think they should have come up with another solution for the gold parts. At least the girdle should look more like metal. The sculpt is decent if a bit generic - it's like the art directors at DC are like "No, it's got too much life in it! Must be blank Stepford look!"

Well since DC stated that the figure was going to be revealed in 2008 and for sale in 2009 because they wanted to "get it right", I would assume this is final product since it didn't even get revealed until 2009.

They did change the original Shazam head sculpt based on the negative criticism so I guess anything could still happen with this.

i remember with the 1/4 PF WW, everyone talked about the blue streaks.
They ened up removing them and kept them all black

She's a bit too non-desript for me. The headsculpt is lacking personality.

I was kinda disappointed in it tbh, I was hoping for a little better for one of the main 3.

Hate to say it but I would rather have the new Tonner doll...

wonderwoman.deluxe.jpg

I like the costume from the Tonnor doll more than I do the DC Direct version, except for the boots. Otherwise, as bad as I think the DC Direct version is, it's better than the Tonner doll. The Tonner doll looks too generic for my tastes.

I'm not liking it, especially if the asking price for this is $100.
The head sculpt seems too soft for my taste, looks like it's inspired by George Perez's WW which I'm not a fan of. I much prefer Hughes' WW albeit a little less characterized.
The costume looks like a Barbie costume, they should've gone with a sculpted plastic emblem and girdle.
And for $100 they should've also thrown in the Cape like the Tonner doll.
I'd only buy one if it's on sale, at half off retail.

Back