13" DC Direct Wonder Woman finally revealed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She look like a dogs ass in a boustier and there's no way around it. Way to screw the pooch on one of your top 3 DC! :rolleyes:

Andy B. did the head sculpt and that look is what he was directed to sculpt for them. He didn't sound happy with it either.

I was hoping it wasn't Andy, but I knew it looked like it was his work. I'll see if some repainting can fix it, when I get one.

Andy B. did the head sculpt and that look is what he was directed to sculpt for them. He didn't sound happy with it either.

You can tell by the hair it's Andy's work. He sculpts the best hair. His 1/6 figures for Sideshow all had the best hair.

The face though on WW isn't good. Dianna looks like a "deer in headlights." No expression at all.

I like Andy's 1/4 WW sculpt a lot. In fact the first sculpt, which was better, he did for the 1/4 WW; DCD said it looked too mean. :lol

I have to say, WW sculpt is terrible! I can't believe DC Direct would release the figure with a face like that. Even in the prototype pics, WW sculpt looks terrible. Why couldn't they have used the Zatanna head for WW instead? Add the tiara and she could pass for Terry Dodson's portrayal of WW.

I just got and she's really good. The sculpt looks a little like Jessica Biel, although the eye make-up isn't flattering and contributes to her blank stare look.

The costume is first rate though. I might have wanted something harder for her girdle/belt, as the cloth doesn't look quite right. But the wire in her bra help pose it so it looks right.

I have to say, WW sculpt is terrible! I can't believe DC Direct would release the figure with a face like that. Even in the prototype pics, WW sculpt looks terrible. Why couldn't they have used the Zatanna head for WW instead? Add the tiara and she could pass for Terry Dodson's portrayal of WW.

I was thinking the same thing. I was considering swapping the Zatanna head onto WW to give her the Dodson look. Luckily, she will be coming out next month.

Hey samueljd, I really do hope the Zatanna production head is similar to the prototype. That head is very nice. I much prefer my WW with straighter hair than the George Perez curly mess!

Hey samueljd, I really do hope the Zatanna production head is similar to the prototype. That head is very nice. I much prefer my WW with straighter hair than the George Perez curly mess!

I have a feeling Zatanna will turn out great. DCD is sometimes hit or miss with there stuff. The protos usually give you a good sense of how the figures will turn out, and Zatanna's proto has looked good since day one (the WW one is still shown in shadows on DCD's website, even after the release).

Thanks for the tip dude! Something to look forward too. Btw, has anyone tried transplanting DcDirect heads onto a 1/6 scale body? I noticed that some of the Dc Direct heads are way too big for 1/6 scale but I saw a pic somewhere of Power Girl's head on a Triad body and it looked fine.

Here's my head and body swapped WW. She looks much more like I would envision WW with Zatanna's head. I swapped the body too, so she wouldn't look like a floatation device.

WonderWoman.jpg

GREAT IMPROVEMENT. what boy did you use?

I used the Zatanna body too. They both have the same matching transulent skin tone, except Z has the normal size breasts and not the super jumbo Anime breasts that the WW body had.:lol I bought 2 Zatannas just for this swap.

you know I was looking at my Black Canary the other day and couldn't help but notice that her bodice would make a great WW costume. I know it has a faux leather look to it, but ANY THING is better than what we were handed for poor WW.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them do a Modern version since this was called a classic interpretation like they did with Superman and Batman. Then they would probably have a prettier face sculpt and better clothing with gold plated plastic armor pieces. She is one of the big three so another version seems like a given.

WONDER WOMAN 1:6 SCALE Deluxe Collector Figure

It's the figure Wonder Woman fans and 1:6 scale collectors alike have been waiting for!

This classic interpretation of Amazonian Princess Diana Prince is dressed in her classic-style, intricate and authentically detailed costume, including silver- and gold-toned, metal-plated bracelets and tiara, as well as her Lasso of Truth.

Featuring 28 points of articulation, the figure is packaged in a deluxe 4-color window box with a fifth panel and includes a display base.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them do a Modern version since this was called a classic interpretation like they did with Superman and Batman. Then they would probably have a prettier face sculpt and better clothing with gold plated plastic armor pieces. She is one of the big three so another version seems like a given.

She definitley could use a revamp.

Paint on the face looks like some cheap Mexican knock-off....

I just saw this firsthand today without seeing any of the pics that people have posted and I couldn't believe how bad the face was. This is one of the worst figure releases ever when compared to the prototypes. What a disappointment. I did think the outfit was great but the face was just like Mando here, said.

With that said, I think it's still worth picking up and getting the face repainted by a professional.

BB

Back