13" DC Direct Wonder Woman finally revealed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOO!!!

WW_Deluxe_Collector_009.jpg
'

I think the biggest issue is the paint work on and around the eyes and eyebrows.

More images here: https://experiencethewonder.com/action_figures/WW_Deluxe_Collector.php

She looks depressed.

Having looked at the one I picked up (for 25% off which is still too much!) I'll have to weigh in on this on the "it's to worst figure of the line" side of things.

Seeing the preview images, I wasn't impressed. The choice to go with the cloth bustier was as bad one and the preview images showed that. The face in the previews didn't look great either. The skinny arms and huge boobs and odd shaped body weren't great either. I was hoping things would improve.

They didn't. They got worse. The bustier looks awful and fits poorly over her Power Girl sized boobs (PG is the only figure with the properly proportioned chest, but still suffers the skinny arm issue). I'm not sure why they didn't go the route they took on the very good (great even) museum quality WW (or even the Barbie version of WW) and use a fitted plastic bodice over cloth. That would have improved things greatly.

The face is down right awful. The worst of the line and one of the worst thing I've seen from DC Direct ever. The hair is nice though.

I've got her on display, but mostly hidden behind Batman's cape.

The entire line suffers from bad choices. The over sized shoulders and chest on the male body works for Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Arrow, but it's awful on both Flashes and Green Lantern. The Flashes and GL would have looked better if they would have been made using the Robin sized body (at least I think Robin has a somewhat slighter build). The ultra broad, square shoulders on Flash and Green Lantern just look silly. Jay Garrick doesn't look as bad because of his costume, but he's still to bulky.

The female bodies seem to have too cup sizes: PG (Power Girl) and SG (Supergirl). PG is right for PG, but no one else (maybe Catwoman, but I didn't pick that one up). The SG cups would fit better on WW and maybe Zatanna. A third and smaller cup size would be proper for the rest of the female characters. All of them would do for more muscular arms and shoulders (see Adam Hughes' work for how to draw a muscular women without making her look like a body builder).

I know multiple body sculpts are more expensive, but I'd pay $10 or $20 more if the sculpts were more varied and more fitting of the characters.

You have a problem with the Batgirl and Supergirl boob size? Those two use the more natural/smaller sized chest pieces rather than the larger/monsterous one they use for the adults.

Yes I do. Those sizes should have been used on WW and maybe Zatanna (maybe they did, I don't recall) and Batgirl and certainly Supergirl should have been smaller still. Only PG really merits the MASSIVE cups.

For as long as it took for DC Direct to finally issue her, I'm not going to complain. She's kinda growing on me...but definately not worth the wait.
Now I await Zatana next month.

Zatanna should look much better, since she is mostly covered up. As long as the face looks similar or better than the protos, she should be a winner. I have a good feeling about how she'll turn out.

Zatanna should look much better, since she is mostly covered up. As long as the face looks similar or better than the protos, she should be a winner. I have a good feeling about how she'll turn out.

I figured Zatanna was out.. we've had her in stock @ amazon for several months now.
If I get a chance, I'll try to check one of the ones we have out tomorrow. Unfortunately, cameras are not allowed inside so I can't snap any photos.
The outfit looked good though. I remember that much.

I figured Zatanna was out.. we've had her in stock @ amazon for several months now.
If I get a chance, I'll try to check one of the ones we have out tomorrow. Unfortunately, cameras are not allowed inside so I can't snap any photos.

How have you had Zatanna in stock when she doesn't come out until November 11th?

Let's hope she looks just like the proto pics (crosses fingers)

I just had a look at WW at my LCS today. She really doesn't look bad in person. The translucent skin looks great, the face would look so much better with a good paint app and the tiara needs to be swapped out (it looks too toy-ish). I'm definitely going to pick the fig up when prices drop, but I will have to repaint the face.

She arrived at my house and after I screamed from horror, I put her on eBay.

You could have tried to sell it to a fellow freak. Then again we're cheap skates when it comes to these figures. I usually customize my DCD Deluxe figures for improvement.

You could have tried to sell it to a fellow freak. Then again we're cheap skates when it comes to these figures. I usually customize my DCD Deluxe figures for improvement.

Why in the world would I want to put that torture on someone I talk to?

He must be confused. I bet he's thinking of the Covergirls of the DC Universe statue.

That made me think that d_jedi1 is an Amazon employee, right? Seems like different characters are manufactured at the same time and shipped together in bulk but particular figures are kept in limbo until their scheduled release date.

Back