12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon folks...it's the first figure from a line that is being launched in a year when Indy is back on the pop-culture radar with the launch of a new movie...after all of the work that's gone into creating this figure and getting this line introduced, I think it perfectly sensible for Sideshow to have a huge edition size for this premiere figure.

That's fine. I just don't like the idea of them arbitrarily RESETTING the Edition Size (if that's indeed what happened) because sales were more brisk than anticipated. That would just really rub me the wrong way.

I could also see including it with Toht. OR, if not, maybe an exclusive hand with the medallion stuck in it, searing his flesh.

Man, Toht could come with a lot of cool accessories, too! Hanger, anyone?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a hot poker! And a burned hand! And a MELTY FACE 2nd head! Which now seems very likely.

That's fine. I just don't like the idea of them arbitrarily RESETTING the Edition Size (if that's indeed what happened) because sales were more brisk than anticipated. That would just really rub me the wrong way.

Maybe they looked at the edition sized and when it missed lasting as long as they expected they said, "Damn! I thought that was closer!" and moved it up...

(Just kiddin' with ya Irish! :))

Speaking of exlusives, who owned the little nazi monkey? That would be pretty good excluisve. What else could the exclusives be for this line?

Monkey
Dates
Staff
Hanger

Monkey Man would be great, but I'm betting MARION will come with the monkey and a frying pan.

Arab Indy will probably come with the Staff of Ra.

Sallah might come with the dates, as a gag. Bad Dates.

The pricepoint doesn't really shock me but the face looks different than the magazine pic if that makes any sense. I still can't wait to get it but I'm only getting one since a ton of stuff is hitting so soon. I've already got about $2400 in POs at SSC alone....:google

The pricepoint doesn't really shock me but the face looks different than the magazine pic if that makes any sense. I still can't wait to get it but I'm only getting one since a ton of stuff is hitting so soon. I've already got about $2400 in POs at SSC alone....:google

Yeah, SSC has me by the jewels bad too, lol:

total pending points: 3455

Some should start coming off in a month or so. Hopefully in time for me to use them on the Indy and Obi stuff!!

And all those points only come out to $172.75 I can't even get a PF. :monkey2

All I know is that when SS announces the Indy 1:1 bust for preorder, I'll be ready and waiting. While I can't wait for that announcement, hopefully by the time PPO comes I could use my measly (compared to the right of you guys) points on that!!

Some should start coming off in a month or so. Hopefully in time for me to use them on the Indy and Obi stuff!!

And all those points only come out to $172.75 I can't even get a PF. :monkey2

Don't use them on a PF. Use those to build your points. I used mine to get GTG for $8 and Indy for $23. I'd use them to get your 1:6th stuff for free.

I do think that the jacket looks significantly better in the SS pics than it did on the Toymart cover pic.

As for a cooler exclusive, I'm surprised no one had mentioned it yet:

Coiled Cobra snake!

not to change the subject guys but im guaranteeing you the pf is gonna be extremely awesome :rock

I hope so!! But the Indy 1:1 Bust is something that I've awaited since Sideshow announced the license!! :chew

I do think that the jacket looks significantly better in the SS pics than it did on the Toymart cover pic.

I agree. The stitching looks much better and it seems to be a bit weathered.

I slept in today and kind of blanked about the figure going on sale, but I was able to get the exclusive using my iPhone. :D Glad it didn't sell out, although the exclusive doesn't do all that much for me, so it's possible I might cancel and get it from a web retailer instead.

Anyway, $90 is looking like the the new baseline price for 12" figures, which I can't say I'm happy about, even if Indy in particular is probably worth it. Love the extra head. I'll definitely be using it for something.

Ordered mine. Very happy about this. I did notice in the hires pics that the collar on the jacket has been hotglued down on the "points " . Hope this is for show only and won't be on the final figure ?

That's not a negative point by the way, just an observation.

Can't wait for this !

Raiders of the Lost Semi-Circle? Hello, Sideshow...are you aware you spelled "Ark" as "Arc" on your Indiana Jones banner in the Indy forums page (and no doubt across the web!)...Did anyone else see this...or am I going CRAZY?!

:monkey1

Back