12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:lol:lol you probably got mine. I canceled mine exclusive a few days ago. Not into it anymore, the movie was so so and the delay in wait pretty much just killed my interest in it. Not even the curiosity on the new pro body save it.

Thanks if so :D I need to decide about my Soverign Studios Indy though...thinking I may still keep him.

I canceled my 12" Indy Exclusive this afternoon...I just have too many Premium Formats up for order right now and since I have the Exclusive PF of Indy, all will be good. I hope that someone on this board gets their Wait-List converted.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the plastic generic looking neck.. I wish they could have left the sculpt the way it was when trev sculpted it with a neck. still gonna get it though, just don't know when. maybe when we see production pieces.. to see if it needs a repaint or not.

The neck will look better like Hot Toys figures with production quality, where the skin is molded not painted. It looks real bad right now because of the strong contrast of painted skin against pure plastic.

Are we sure the skin will be molded, I know that's been speculated (given Kenobi, Frodo and Sam) just wasn't sure if that was a positive yet.

I hope it is, because that would be pretty cool :rock

It's not positive, I'm just assuming it based on the trend, I imagine the softer material also makes for easier assembly with the Hot Toys-esque necks, and that'll be especially important for Indy with the swappable heads.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Yeah no kidding...with this delays and the Hasbro news...it's not looking good for Indy at all...

I wouln't judge this Indy line by Hasbro. Hasbro relies as much on children as adult collectors, even the Star Wars license, but for Indy I see their core market being collectors who wished they'd had Indy toys when they saw Indy when it came out, and I'm sure those numbers aren't enough to sustain. Given Indy's age, I'm sure there are plenty of folks interested in good quality, high end products from it, you just gotta get product out faster and of better quality. Koto hasn't been wowing too many people, GG seems to drop the ball a bit, many aren't fond of Medicom, Sideshow's turning into the last hope for quality Indy products and it's going to miss a huge opportunity if it doesn't get moving faster.

Sideshow and Sideshow alone is responsible if this line fails. Delaying the first figure so much has just killed almost all anticipation.

I'm sooo tired of waiting, I would practically buy a Mr Potato head with a fedora on it. If it weren't for the occasional BUMP on this thread, I would've almost forgot Sideshow made an Indy figure.

I just bought the Medicom Indy; Not a great figure, but it's better than nothing!

Not only that but delaying the figure and then not following up is ridiculous. Look at Star Wars in its second year figures were being delayed left and right but there were still figures being offered and ordered despite that. Doesn't anyone remember the figure hit of 2006 where we got like four or five figures in the summer?

Exactly. 15 months after the line was announced we have a total of TWO announced figures and one environment, with the first figure MAYBE shipping this year. Inexcusable.

They've punted the license away before it even really had a chance, imho.

Which is strange because there was so much hype around it. The SSC staffers seemed really happy about it. If we don't another figure announcement soon I'm dropping Belloq and just looking for someone to part out the environment with Indy.

The SSC staffers seemed really happy about it.

Happiness with a license isn't relative to the quantity of products though. They may be happy enough to do ROTLA Indy in 1/6 and PF format and the rest is gravy. Not saying they don't want to do more pieces, just saying they're excitement about the license may have been fulfilled just in making what we have seen so far.

The other thing is, they're excitement may also lead to much firmer QC control on the figure. Depending on how this Indy figure turns out, it may set a new bar for SSC figure quality and everyone'll be excited that Indy was the figure to set the bar.

Or it could also be a matter of them now having way too many licenses and product types and not enough resources.

Or it could also be a matter of them now having way too many licenses and product types and not enough resources.

I wouldn't think that only because they keep picking up new ones, if they were in over their heads, it'd be stupid to keep going after more, you'd have to be blindly greedy to do that and SSC doesn't strike me that way.

Back